Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    For most warriors.. The spec you are better at would be the spec that yields the highest dps. So play the spec you are used to playing hehe
    Gl outdps'ing me as arms :P

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Collision posted this on the PTR forums awhile back (Aug 18) so take it with a grain of salt.
    --------
    These are total guesses from limited attempts. Pretty much any boss that has constant cleave/aoe arms is better for, and anything that doesn't, fury is better for. Someone else should chime in with their experiences here as well.

1: Immerseus: Fury 15%
    2: Fallen Protectors: Arms: 5-10%
    3: Norushen: Arms: 15%
    4: Sha of Pride: Fury prob, add do not live long enough. 5%
    5: Galakras: Arms: 10%
    6: Iron Juggernaut: Fury: 10%
    7: Dark Shaman: Arms: 15%
    8: Nazgrim: Arms: 5%
    9: Malkorok: Fury: 15%
    10: Spoils: Haven't tried it.
    11: Thok: Fury: 10%
    12: Siegecrafter: Haven't tried it
    13: Paragons: Fury, arms will do more damage but it's all padding. 10%
    14: Garrosh: Arms: 15%
    --------
    Just wanted to make an update for a few of the fights.

6: Iron Juggernaut: Depending on how good you are at sticking to the boss, and how your guild position the boss, Arms may come out ahead, as you'll always have DW ticking on the boss.

7: Dark Shamans: Depending on how close your guild is to the enrage, it may be better for you to go SmF, as the hardest part of the fight is the last 30% of the bosses HP. Arms / TG will do more damage overall, but much of that is damage to the dogs at the start of the fight.

10: Spoils of Pandaria: Depending on how you handle the small adds, either spec can come out ahead. If you have a lot of burst AoE classes that burn down the small adds, Fury will be better. If the small adds stay up for longer / You always have at least two adds up at all time, Arms will come out ahead.

12: Siegecrafter: It will depend on what your job is. If you are one of the people on the conveyor belt, or you tank the boss far away from the mines spawn location, Fury is the way to go. If you are able to spread DW to most of the mines that spawn, Arms may be better.

14: Garrosh: Fury, no question about it.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    A: point stands, at that point between 90 and 100% uptime has more to do with mechanics and movement than anything else; so even having a magical 100% BT crit chance doesn't necessitate a 100% uptime on Enrage.
    But in this case the 2 piece shouldn't help either, should it?

Fielding Landsoul as an example for high or low crit chance won't work, he doesn't have much luck with tf-gear. His guildmate Soy on the other hand is running in BiS gear (as far as i can tell, different bracers maybe). With h-tf pieces instead of 4 piece he can actually reach 45% raidbuffed (and this is with the -3% crit for lvl 93 boss already taken into account) before Gaze (only 1/2 to 2/3 uptime - but bringing him to "bt-crit-cap" when it's up) or 48% crit with Primordius Talisman. After all we're talking about the top 0.01% of all raiders here with ilvl 55-something but everyone should be in that position with 5.4 and normal mode gear (which is 553 w/o upgrades!) and depending on the socket numbers and itemisation we should all be able to look for something besides crit.

For most warriors.. The spec you are better at would be the spec that yields the highest dps. So play the spec you are used to playing hehe
    I tend to disargee from personal experience: arms is so far behind in heroic gear that i can easily trump it with fury despite playing that only subpar. While in sims the difference is only <8% for my gear (which is already 14k dps in that low 540s gear region mind you...) it's far harder to get anywhere near simmed numbers with arms, at least for me The big strength of arms is the requirement of only one weapon but without the 5.4 adjustments you shouldn't get the highest dps with it, ever.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-08-27 at 02:11 PM.

I'm kinda bothered that Arms and Fury follow such different gemming options. This means that for half of the fights you'll be running with a suboptimal gear setup even if you choose to respec and reforge.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    I'm kinda bothered that Arms and Fury follow such different gemming options. This means that for half of the fights you'll be running with a suboptimal gear setup even if you choose to respec and reforge.
    It will be perfectly viable to stick to the same gems for both Arms and Fury. Crit is the best stat for both, and for both it's still more than 50% of strenghts value (making crit gems better than str gems). The difference in DPS by regemming for Arms (as opposed to keep the fury gemming) will be very minimal. You will however have to reforge since haste is stronger than mastery for Arms. Expertise/hit cap is the same (tho hit above the cap is still useful to Fury).

I was under the impression that str was over 2x crit for arms still. Good to know, thanks.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    True for going from Arms->Fury. Not so much going Fury->Arms.