Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by khomyaque View Post
    End of MoP: 7.7 million.
    I guess 5.4 doesn't count towards Mists at all then...

There's at least half a year still to go on this expansion, probably a bit more.

Deleted
    You're definitely on some other planet. Cuz on our planet Earth WoW is getting xpacs every 2 years with huge changes in content, new modes, new people playing and new people working on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by khomyaque View Post
    End fo WotLK: 11.5 million.
    End of MoP: 7.7 million.
    Hell yeah, soooo very successful.

Guys if you would be doing great job with maintaing fun gameplay while evolving the game, nobody would complain and ask the game to turn to Vanilla again. There won't be "vanilla server please" threads every freaking week. Just quit turning the game into microtransaction-based casualfest with subscription. Don't go back to vanilla/TBC, go back to the fun gaming experience.
    You realize a metric crapton of those sub losses come from Asia, where the MMO market is changing very fast? The Micro transaction based MMO makes way more sense due to the the way they play, the internet cafe, time card based game style. It clashes with sub based "western" style of MMO's. I mean come on, its been known for a lor a while that the majority of sub for WoW were in Asia.

As for the longing to go back to classic, have you ever gone to a private server and played classic? It SUCKS! Its slow, it painful, and there are way too few people to make it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by kiyal View Post
    What. When people complained about Alliance getting the short end of the stick, it was about the lore.. not trash perks. This is a dumb decision that will just go forgotten by Alliance players and will just be annoying for the Horde.
    Yeah, I am a bit annoyed I'm going to have more trash to clear.

Would be hilarious to see guilds racing to world first faction change to alliance so they can skip 5 minutes of trash though.

Deleted
    As for the longing to go back to classic, have you ever gone to a private server and played classic? It SUCKS! Its slow, it painful, and there are way too few people to make it worth it.
    I did. I like it, although it's definitely not the game for a broader audience nowadays. That's why I'm telling that there's no point in making wow as hard and tough as vanilla. Just add some more challenging content, more fun, more adventures and exploration instead of railed daily grind with occasional low-quality unvoiced cutscenes. And please no more faceroll-grinding dungeons/scenarios/raids, boring as hell but mandatory for a valor/charm farm.

So, WoW loses subs and people say "Asia don't count", yet when WoW was at was it 12 million subs, Asia did count, what the flying fuck?.

Mists of Pandaria was the first push to appeal to more casual players and it was very successful. If they had not done so, the game would be in bad shape.

Um then why is it the casual players that have been quitting? Why is it the social and casual guilds that have been getting destroyed this expansion?

Mists of Pandaria had a lack of new experiences for the hardcore audience, which is something that will be focused on in future expansions.

Well it's time for the casuals not to just walk but run away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirty999 View Post
    So much bullshit .. no wonder wow is losing more and more subs .. these developers have no idea what they are doing.
    In total agreement. I'm off to play that other Western MMO with 7.7 million subs, at least those guys know what they are doing. Oh, wait.

"Mists of Pandaria was the first push to appeal to more casual players and it was very successful."

Uuuummmmm losing 3 million subscriptions was a success???

You gotta love corporate PR.

For people who talk about how unsuccessful WoW is, why don't you apply to Blizz if you have all the know-how on keeping subs.

The general opinion about hearthstone is really good....all I hear and read everywhere is how fun, simple and addictive it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Polygon has no clue what he's talking about.

I think what a lot of people are missing is the odd comment of how something can be successful after losing millions of subscribers. You can't turn around and say "well most of it was china" then laud the comments of "WoW has over 12million." It's time people face the fact that MoP crippled WoW, servers are dying and more and more people quit each day and nobody is replacing them.

The only way to fix this is to abandon this model of 9 raid modes and go back to what worked before. Making the game alt friendly and not feeling like a chore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I'd like to know on what planet you live on that you consider 7.7 million people still paying to play a 9 year old game "not successful". Actually better yet I'd rather not because that means I'd have to lose even more IQ points reading another one of your ignorant posts.
    I love to read all the ppl who actually respond to Blizzard like its here, with stats and everything! Its hillarious!
    On my part, I still enjoy the game and I know that probably I will after too! I wish some more ppl will stop playing also, not because I "hate the game" but because more quiters, haters and whiners will go away, and this game might become even more beautiful once again! Environment and quality community is the alpha and omega of an MMO, and I wish WoW's to become better!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Several opinions here.

- Loss of Sub's doesn't mean they weren't a success with the casuals. I would gauge success with casuals as how much pvp and LFR went up because of those changes. A "real" author would care more about people reading his story entirely... than the people who buy 4 books and read the first few chapters and go 'meh'. I might relate them to the same. Except unlike books, there is a skill barrier in WoW. They lowered it and more people got to see the story.
    - I'm disappointed at their happiness with PvP. Guild Wars 2 has it best in my opinion. You scale up to max level, get all the spells, get all the gear. Structured, pvp of course, not wvwvw. I think this would do WoW wonders -- would also be a better measurement at which classes are OP or UP at PvP.
    - Wish they could learn the reverse of scaling is possible. Scale UP if you're a lower level. Allow a level 30 rogue to run a level 90 dungeon. Until they can work on their leveling process and make it less miserable -- you're separating players who might have an interest.. but lose it because "wow, 60 more levels is a long way" because what's "fast leveling" for you may be "pathetically slow" for a new comer or someone on their 8'th alt. Then again, Blizzard has already taken the stance of "alts are bad" kind of attitude, as best as I can tell.
    - Those who say 8 million subs and they game is doing great are failing to look at the big picture. They've LOST a lot of subs and CONTINUE to lose subs. At what point will you concede the game is NOT doing great? 5 million? 3 million? 100k? Will they have lost too much to be fixable? Those who say it's "successful" or "not successful" are arguing a silly conversation, of course. They are NOT arguing about the CURRENT STATE of the game -- rather the net result of it. That conversation will not win anything. The game is healthy'ish at the moment.. but is losing people at an unprecedented rate. They should address this. Perhaps they are, perhaps they are not.
    - Wish casters could move without any penalty at all. Perhaps melee need some sort of buff instead of casters getting the nerf. This will likely be a polarized opinion. Either great or terrible. Eh. Whatever.
    - I'm still bent out of shape about the warlock nerfs. I have no confidence in their development ability. They couldn't get it right in 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, why should I trust them in 5.4? I got no choice.
    - Again, I'd like to re-iterate, I think they would be wise to look in to how GW2 handles some of their stuff. GW2 sucks at End-Game, certainly, but other aspects are amazingly fantastic. Like scratching an itch WoW gave you that.. is so nice to be scratched.

"High King Mekkatorque will come and clear a large number of troops in the Barracks section of the raid, while the Horde actually has to fight through them."

There is your fist pump moment. Now stop crying all the time. As for the ridiculous posts on gating of flex rating. No, no it isn't confusing. You said flex would be at the same pace as normal, and you lied. It's gated, which you said it's not. Words are hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I guess 5.4 doesn't count towards Mists at all then...

There's at least half a year still to go on this expansion, probably a bit more.
    Hahahaha you think it will go up? You're so adorable!

Oh poor Flex.. they'll have to just wait like everyone else who can't handle structured raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Oh poor Flex.. they'll have to just wait like everyone else who can't handle structured raiding.
    I don't care. I'm a heroic raider so I'll just be running it for a couple weeks till I get tier and trinkets. I just find it amusing that they said it wouldn't be gated, then when they were asked to elaborate they said it was, "confusing" and then went on to say yes it would be gated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    As for the ridiculous posts on gating of flex rating. No, no it isn't confusing. You said flex would be at the same pace as normal, and you lied. It's gated, which you said it's not. Words are hard.!
    Don't be crass; we knew flex was being gated since the beginning. The confusion was over whether NORMAL was being gated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Someone explain how you can gauge success by subscription numbers to a game so old there's no potential new players?
    Wonder how well BC or WotLK would do 9 years after initial release. Quit once you realize you're part of the 99% not getting past Karazhan or after gearing your 14th alt in full tier 10?

Still surprised they are saying MoP was the "first" to work towards casuals. Nah, that'd be WotLK, that truly sparked the war of the gamedesign on the forums. And then of course we have 4.3 where "weekly progression" took 90 minutes.