Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrianna View Post
    I was affi for malkorok yesterday and I wish our other locks were online to test with me, but me and our mage folius were bursting to 1mil as affi and arcane and stayed around 601k around the 3min mark. I was using black blood and bindings

I played some bosses on 10man when the raid hit PTR. (Got stuck in work for the rest)
    But I have to ask, 1 mil burst you say, 600k DPS singletarget after / at 3min?
    No moving or adds what so ever, I gotta wonder how this is possible

On live today, I can if I'm lucky as hell get 600k nuke, do you pray to the RNG gods everyday or what's your secret?

Affliction is very buffed. You'll easily see 1M+ bursts and that much DPS single target quite frequently I'd say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Hypothetically it would probably beat KTT normal by a small margin. BBoY passive haste adds another chunk of amplification. However, this scenario is not possible unless your guild stacks loot on you super hard. Replacing T16 normal trinket with T16 heroic one in week 2 is practically impossible with any reasonable loot system.
    well, you're forgetting bonus rolls, and he did say "luck out" so he could potentially get those bindings as well with 2-3 pieces of gear, but yeah, you do have to be extremely lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I think the cleave passive is not impressive at all. Even if it is showing ~5-8% of damage done one fights with quite some AoE, you can't forget that's AoE damage. It would not have been all that hard to do that damage without the trinket, making the damage less valuable than if it would be on a single target.

The proc is decent at 85s ICD and 15s duration, but I would still rather have BBoY/KTT/Wushoolay procs. The only place it could be good is if you have a few dedicated DPS dealing with lots of AoE spawns, while the rest of the raid can focus their damage on the boss. By that I mean for example Sha of Pride small adds or Shamans poison adds, I strongly doubt it's optimal to have your whole raid swap to those. However I don't think warlocks will be the best choice for the dedicated AoE role, because we have excellent boss damage (single or 2/3 targets) and our aggro dumps are not all that amazing.

TL;DR don't like cleave trinket.
    i agree, the cleave trinket doesnt seem overwhelming for afflic, but at the same time i can also see it being potentially OP as it basically gives you a mini wandering plague(op unholy dk talent back in the day) and with spreading dots around AND seed spamming you could do an obscene amount of dmg on the adds if its paired with KTT, just think about it, yeah dot and seed having a chance to proc multistrike AND cleave, i could definately see it becoming a good choice for aoe fights. the problem is that the cleave proc has such a low chance of proccing that it seem like a rather pointless trinket but it could just end up being very got for certain fights but i might just overestimate its potential.

Deleted
    I think 600k sustained single-target is on the high side, unless you have no mechanics to deal with at all and get lucky with procs. For example on Malkorok warlocks should probably be soaking the big pools, and if you do that I strongly doubt you can do 600k DPS over 3 minutes.

Burst is insane though, and 1M is not exaggerated. With 2/3 targets we can get higher still.

Deleted
    I think 600k sustained single-target is on the high side, unless you have no mechanics to deal with at all and get lucky with procs. For example on Malkorok warlocks should probably be soaking the big pools, and if you do that I strongly doubt you can do 600k DPS over 3 minutes.

Burst is insane though, and 1M is not exaggerated. With 2/3 targets we can get higher still.
    i agree, 600k sustained single target dps a bit overkill, realistically around 3-400k is a bit more realistic.

Correct me if i'm wrong: With Purified Bindings of Immerseus the haste BP can be lowered to 9139 or 12839 haste rating(speaking about normal and normal WF version of the trinket).

Quote Originally Posted by Veranus View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong: With Purified Bindings of Immerseus the haste BP can be lowered to 9139 or 12839 haste rating(speaking about normal and normal WF version of the trinket).
    umm I know what you're thinking and I dont think thats the best way to deal with reaching BPs .. you dont want to reach a certain BP only when a trinket with an 115 ICD procs you end up being just below the BP over the course of a fight a lot longer than you would be when the trinket procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Veranus View Post
    Yes, sir.

With bindings our breakpoints change a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    umm I know what you're thinking and I dont think thats the best way to deal with reaching BPs .. you dont want to reach a certain BP only when a trinket with an 115 ICD procs you end up being just below the BP over the course of a fight a lot longer than you would be when the trinket procs.
    Devious, go home, you're drunk.

The 7% thing is passive.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Yes, sir.

With bindings our breakpoints change a bit.

Devious, go home, you're drunk.

The 7% thing is passive.
    you're right I really need to stop posting after 6:30 AM -.-

yes Im still up from last night

Bindings gives you haste rating, it doesn't work like goblin haste

Just imagine Bindings to be a trinket that gives a lot of 2 secondary stats and those stats happen to increase as your gear gets beter.
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2013-09-07 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    Bindings gives you haste rating, it doesn't work like goblin haste

Just imagine Bindings to be a trinket that gives a lot of 2 secondary stats and those stats happen to increase as your gear gets beter.
    I know that.

9139 + 639,73(7%) = 9778,73
    12839 + 898,73 (7%) = 13737,73

Oh I see what you mean now. It's not really that relevant to know how much you need on gear before bindings because the total haste rating will show on your character sheet when you have it equipped so reforging tools can still reforge to 9778/13737

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    I played some bosses on 10man when the raid hit PTR. (Got stuck in work for the rest)
    But I have to ask, 1 mil burst you say, 600k DPS singletarget after / at 3min?
    No moving or adds what so ever, I gotta wonder how this is possible

On live today, I can if I'm lucky as hell get 600k nuke, do you pray to the RNG gods everyday or what's your secret?
    It's not that out of the question honestly, depending on if they lusted in the beginning, on some single target bosses I easily burst 700k- 800k so 1mil next tier isnt that hard to see.

With 3-4 targets this tier (council ) you could easily get 1.5mil - 2mil burst.

Deleted
    I'm having a hard time figuring out with which haste-breakpoint i should begoing into 5.4 progression. I think Everelia advices the ~9k, others the ~13k breakpoint. Im thinking ~9k and as my gear gets significantly better with a few heroic loots - 13k?

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaedchen View Post
    I'm having a hard time figuring out with which haste-breakpoint i should begoing into 5.4 progression. I think Everelia advices the ~9k, others the ~13k breakpoint. Im thinking ~9k and as my gear gets significantly better with a few heroic loots - 13k?
    I wouldn't worry about breakpoints too much. You'll probably find you naturally go above 10k as your gear improves anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaedchen View Post
    well you cant really go wrong with either IMO but the 9778 BP and rest into mastery seem to be the optimal way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well you cant really go wrong with either IMO but the 9778 BP and rest into mastery seem to be the optimal way.
    I am not sure what kind of gear you guys are talking about. But with ~552 ilvl I couldn't get 9778 if I tried.
    13737 is a really good breakpoint, in the sense that it's a close break for all 3 dots. 9778 is only good for Agony and Corruption.
    The 13737 is also good during blood lust/heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    I am not sure what kind of gear you guys are talking about. But with ~552 ilvl I couldn't get 9778 if I tried.
    13737 is a really good breakpoint, in the sense that it's a close break for all 3 dots. 9778 is only good for Agony and Corruption.
    Mastery socked? Mastery gloves ench? I'm around 11k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    well in your gear i can see it being a problem trying to go to 9778 since you're about 10 average ilvls higher than me, for you it would obviously be more optimal to go down to 13737 haste and then rest into mastery, in my gear which is "only" ilvl 541 i can reach 9778 simply by changing my gems from haste to mastery. also with the assessment that haste and mastery will scale synergistically in your case you'd reach 13737 and about 11,2k mastery which is very good stats and will certainly be optimal for you, in my case ill have to settle with 9778 haste and 13,3k mastery, so its virtually impossible for me to get them anywhere close to each other while trying to reach a haste BP. Not every1 kills everything and have access to all gear and raid 25m, im only 8/13 hc in a 10m guild, so the loot rng is stacked against me from the very start.

I was soaking but I was KJ so i lost no dps;D