Three New PTR Servers Opened

Benedictus (Normal), Lycanthoth (PvP), and Kalaran (PvP) have been opened up. I don't have my authenticator on me at the moment, but is anyone able to copy live characters over to those servers yet? I can assure you that you are able to make premades at this time.
    Last edited by bclumas; 2013-08-24 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Derp'd

10+ Year Old Account
    NOpe not yet, here's a screenie i just took http://gyazo.com/b21cee76e249d0a7276f2bd911e13ccb
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

The PTR Character Copy has been bugged for a while now, in that you can't transfer characters to Anasterian (the other PVE server). I only get to pick from Broxigar and the EU/KR servers. Nothing has been said about this and it's been going on for over a month now. There's a thread in the PTR Bugs forum over on the official site where myself and others post about this issue, but it's been completely ignored.

I assume they just need more servers to test out the whole connected realms thingy

They should have added RP servers. Sick of RPers Rping on PTR when all they do is go to the same old places not even bothering with actually testing stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    They should have added RP servers. Sick of RPers Rping on PTR when all they do is go to the same old places not even bothering with actually testing stuff.
    You always get that though. It pisses me off to no avail when you go on the PTR and see shit like "LFM ICC25 transmog run". Why gives a damn about transmog on the PTR? Either test the new content or GTFO if you ask me.

It's bad enough you get the morons that try to control the AH and sell things for thousands of gold just because they can. And then they wonder why things are buggy or not tuned correctly; because most of the yokels go on the PTR for "free WoW" and not to actually test anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    need to Public Test the new features under RP conditions.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    You always get that though. It pisses me off to no avail when you go on the PTR and see shit like "LFM ICC25 transmog run". Why gives a damn about transmog on the PTR? Either test the new content or GTFO if you ask me.

It's bad enough you get the morons that try to control the AH and sell things for thousands of gold just because they can. And then they wonder why things are buggy or not tuned correctly; because most of the yokels go on the PTR for "free WoW" and not to actually test anything.
    How dare people play the game they want to!?

I mean, I can't believe that their actions prevent you from doing your very important and serious job of testing on the PTR!

Wait a second...

Their actions don't at all affect what you're doing?

Crap, need to find something else to whine about!

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    How dare people play the game they want to!?

I mean, I can't believe that their actions prevent you from doing your very important and serious job of testing on the PTR!

Wait a second...

Their actions don't at all affect what you're doing?

Crap, need to find something else to whine about!
    Normally I would see this point, except the reason for a PTR is to TEST things. There's no reason to go to the PTR just to dick around if you don't plan to actually test and give feedback; you can do that on Live just fine. This sort of thing should NOT be encouraged, because it defeats the purpose of the PTR.

Normally I would see this point, except the reason for a PTR is to TEST things. There's no reason to go to the PTR just to dick around if you don't plan to actually test and give feedback; you can do that on Live just fine. This sort of thing should NOT be encouraged, because it defeats the purpose of the PTR.
    So you're saying that players logging on to do ICC or to make a bunch of gold actively hurts PTR testing?

Proof, please.

Deleted
    So you're saying that players logging on to do ICC or to make a bunch of gold actively hurts PTR testing?

Proof, please.
    More people, more server instability. Simple.

Yes that too. The only time I actually get to test stuff is when my guildies are online or primetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    More people, more server instability. Simple.
    If you think that people won't still do old things after new content is released, you're horribly mistaken. The more people testing, the wider coverage you get. New stuff can still break old stuff, and vice versa.

Proof, please.
    It actively hurts PTR testing by virtue of the fact that IT'S NOT TESTING. Please explain how running ICC for fun or jacking up prices on the AH is actually helping Blizzard with feedback for the Timeless Isle, or Proving Grounds, or Siege of Orgrimmar or Flex raiding? One should go on the PTR because they want to test and offer feedback, not just because it's available and they want to derp around.

Seems odd that new realms are being put up so late in the 5.4 testing cycle. maybe it's in preparation for expansion 5 beta testing. But then, If I recall correctly from mop nad beta testing they have separate servers for that anyway. Maybe just more options for the future?

- - - Updated - - -

It actively hurts PTR testing by virtue of the fact that IT'S NOT TESTING. Please explain how running ICC for fun or jacking up prices on the AH is actually helping Blizzard with feedback for the Timeless Isle, or Proving Grounds, or Siege of Orgrimmar or Flex raiding? One should go on the PTR because they want to test and offer feedback, not just because it's available and they want to derp around.
    I agree with the auction house stuff, that's just ridiculous. You can't take the gold back with you to live so there's no point in being a jerk like that. I can see some value in going to do old raids to test the functionality of new talents and spells, but yeah going explicitly for transmog gear on a ptr is, while perhaps not directly detrimental to testing, a rather stupid thing to do.

You do realize people playing the game as they normally would IS testing the game, right? Just because there's a new raid and zone doesn't mean that bugs can only creep up in new content.

That is the entire point of opening up a test realm to so many people. It simulates a server on 5.4 launch day. Blizzard could just have their QA team figure out all the bugs in Timeless Isle otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    You do realize people playing the game as they normally would IS testing the game, right? Just because there's a new raid and zone doesn't mean that bugs can only creep up in new content.

That is the entire point of opening up a test realm to so many people. It simulates a server on 5.4 launch day. Blizzard could just have their QA team figure out all the bugs in Timeless Isle otherwise.
    You have a point except for the auction house stuff, that's just flat out ass hattery.

well after all the ptr's over the years, why then didn't they simply disable older content, or don't allow pre-mop instances, i would assume it would even lessen the server instance load some (maybe not enough to see any difference in performance but who knows) and just straight up tell everyone prior or during PTR what the intentions are, and tell them they are there to test specific things, maybe even gate them into testing only the new features, because i agree that running ICC for the heck of it, when can be testing SOO or proving grounds is just silly..but it happens every..single...ptr...since wrath?

maybe its the fact that people have pre-mades and feel powerful, because they may not have a 90 or a toon with the ilvl/gear that pre-mades have, and they feel like they can run ICC, i don't know why its always ICC, we ran that place for over a year when it was current, whats the draw to ICC still after this many years? is it because ICC was the last best raid blizzard made? DS was a crapfest, as was lot of cata content, so maybe people just skip back to ICC because nostalgia, and better than Cata raids?

They should just have everyone chill out in 7 stars, have access to all the new features from within the city (npcs that teleport you to each like SOO) and all vendors and what not there for you, and test. Maybe torwards the end open up everything else like on live, but i think at the start of each PTR, they should lock it all down, and people can test things and do what they are for...testing?

my 2 cents