Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Let's be reasonable guys. They have to put their artists to work on those excellent new tier sets and a bunch of pets and mounts and let's not forget the transmoggable armour and weapons they're no doubt working on for their store.
    http://i.imgur.com/4e4nK45.jpg

But my favorite is the priest T16 reskin of druid T6

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    New race models doesn't actually add anything to the gameplay of the game. Would it be neat and generate some interest? Sure. But the game is not hurting for interest. 8 million, even 3 million subscribers is still far above other sub-based mmo's.
    Sure the gameplay and content is important but as a person that just bought WoW and installed it the first thing you will see of the game is the character-creation screen. Now you see that 80% of the races look like shit and only a bunch of the newer ones look good. What would you think? "Oh cool that game must be fun and it has so many good looking character models. That orc looks so great and that human too, WOW". No of course you would not think that and rather be disgusted at the human model for example although the game that waits after the character creation can be fun.

But no WoW has 8 million players so everything is fine. Just create a few more garbage tier sets instead of actually refreshing this almost 10 year old game cuz there are so many subs that it doesn't matter anyway.

Glad I stopped playing this crap.
    Continuously dropping the ball more and more.

Anyone feel Hearthstone is going to be their solution to calming everyone's temper tantrum?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna play other games while they'r working on the last 75%.

I think i'mgonna re-sub........soon....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Glad I stopped playing this crap.
    Continuously dropping the ball more and more.

Anyone feel Hearthstone is going to be their solution to calming everyone's temper tantrum?
    Nope, played beta, i'll tell you right here and now if it doesn't change then Hearthstone is pay to win.

you can already download fanmade better models and replace them in game files

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Nope, played beta, i'll tell you right here and now if it doesn't change then Hearthstone is pay to win.
    and they should put less randomness in there, cause its 60% luck 30% p2w cards, 10% skill
    Last edited by Milerks; 2013-08-29 at 09:50 AM.

"One of the human models was changed six years ago and there was a large uproar over how the eye blink changed."

That specific uproar wasn't just because the blink of human female changed, but also because they reduced the polygon amount of the model and adjusted their waist to be slimmer, explaining it on performance at the time when new more detailed races like belves and draenei had come to be.

Would be nice when they use these excuses they would atleast explain it beyond arbitary "they hated new blink effect!" bullshit.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The only thing that is remotely the same, is the colour scheme (even though the colours aren't the same, it does look alike). Head, shoulders, gloves, shoes, even the robe have different models and textures. After 16 tiers, you are bound to see the same kind of colours...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Uhm, duh... (of course you can get just as far with playing for free, but it will be slower) Do you also say monopoly is play to win, because you have to buy the game to play it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    So let's say they're only talking about the models prior to the Goblins, Worgen, and Pandaren. So that's 10 character models. If 20-25% of those are done, it's 2-2.5 races of those 10 are already finished. That's a lot of progress for a typically glacial company like Blizzard.

Is it as far along as I'd hoped? Hell no. Is it better than I honestly expected from Blizzard? Hell yes.

Maybe they'll dump the Titan team on the models and we'll have them sooner.
    It's 20 models. Did you forget the female models too?

Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    acti blizzard has enormous profit. Where is going the money ? They COULD pay a lot of artists to do it, but I guess the money is for shareholders and not for the game
    Indeed, they seem very short-sighted. Real Armor and stuff would help the game long-term.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    "
    Upgrading player models has never been done successfully in an MMO."
    Umm, Dark Age of Camelot? Seriously, WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    well that sucks Was hoping that would be the next expansion feature rather than yet another class/ race >.< I bet they are just saving it for the 10th anniversary -.-
    wont the next expansion and the 10th anniversary of the game end up happening around the same time tho?

"Blizzard isn't ready to show off any of the new player models yet, but hopefully will have an announcement soon."

They can't show models yet,but hopefully they can do it soon. Let's hope it's not that Soon™.

We might see them as Blizzcon in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    STOP
    ASKING
    FOR
    FUCKING
    UPDATED
    CHARACTER
    MODELS
    FOR
    FUCK
    SAKE!!!

Its a game just fucking play it,just because you virgins are angry that the pixellated arse your staring at needs updating so you can update your wank bank. I like the models the way they are,end of,done,finito,fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    STOP
    ASKING
    FOR
    FUCKING
    UPDATED
    CHARACTER
    MODELS
    FOR
    FUCK
    SAKE!!!

Its a game just fucking play it,just because you virgins are angry that the pixellated arse your staring at needs updating so you can update your wank bank. I like the models the way they are,end of,done,finito,fin.

And some people don't like them as they are. Why should we want what you want?

Stop putting words in people's mouths.

Deleted
    Ugh... People in this thread need to realize and understand that this is a huge amount of work! This isn't only a remake of the old model pimp'd with more polygons and higher texture resolution. They're making completely new models!

And these need to be animated etc to fit the resemblance of the old models, so that you won't whine about how they don't look like your character anymore!
    Take a look at Garrosh's new model, that's probably what the orc model will be like. Look at it! It's freakin' awesome.
    For the new models they'll need to make facial animations that express feelings, make all the movements recognizable etc, so that your character won't feel alien to you.

Like someone who complained said "So they can create a new race in 6 months, but they can't add some polygons to an existing model in 1.5 years?"
    Yeah, 6 months to make ONE new race. Imagine to make new, better and awesome models of orcs, dwarves, humans, gnomes, taurens, trolls, undead, night elves, draenei and blood elves. If it takes "6 months" to create one race, imagine 10.
    That's not something they can complete "just like that". It takes time.
    And if you don't want something awful to be released like that chihuahua faced thing, stop complaining and wait! Please just wait and be thankful that they're even doing this for us!

Considering they've completed 25% in this time is amazing, I say well done!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Visuals are important to me. The Classic WoW characters are almost unplayable at this point without good armor. I quit my human as soon as I reached Goldshire and saw a pandaren and a worgen.
    Last edited by mmocf77227e8ed; 2013-08-29 at 01:43 PM.

According to blizzard, they were working on Humans, Orcs, Trolls, Taurens, Undead, Night Elves Dwarves and Gnomes 3-4 years before the release of Normal WoW?

Then they were working ONLY on Draeneis and Blood Elves
    Seriously where did they find the time for all the npcs/enemies models

Structures, Worgen, Goblins Pandaren. Villains. I guess they were working on these models hundred years before they were born or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    Visuals are important to me. The Classic WoW characters are almost unplayable at this point without good armor. I quit my human as soon as I reached Goldshire and saw a pandaren and a worgen.
    Try another mmo and you'll be blown away by the graphics quality, if you were impressed by pandaren/worgen. Those models were outdated looking the moment they were released.

Quote Originally Posted by Skur View Post
    Ugh... People in this thread need to realize and understand that this is a huge amount of work! This isn't only a remake of the old model pimp'd with more polygons and higher texture resolution. They're making completely new models!

And these need to be animated etc to fit the resemblance of the old models, so that you won't whine about how they don't look like your character anymore!
    Take a look at Garrosh's new model, that's probably what the orc model will be like. Look at it! It's freakin' awesome.
    For the new models they'll need to make facial animations that express feelings, make all the movements recognizable etc, so that your character won't feel alien to you.

Like someone who complained said "So they can create a new race in 6 months, but they can't add some polygons to an existing model in 1.5 years?"
    Yeah, 6 months to make ONE new race. Imagine to make new, better and awesome models of orcs, dwarves, humans, gnomes, taurens, trolls, undead, night elves, draenei and blood elves. If it takes "6 months" to create one race, imagine 10.
    That's not something they can complete "just like that". It takes time.
    And if you don't want something awful to be released like that chihuahua faced thing, stop complaining and wait! Please just wait and be thankful that they're even doing this for us!

This is just a weird response. Blizzard is a company. They are revamping old races because the vanilla races' model standards are severely below modern gaming standards, and that they'll generate a massive profit from race changes. Players requesting new race changes isn't like asking your dad if you can borrow the car for the evening, and feeling grateful when he says he'll think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I'm gonna play other games while they'r working on the last 75%.

I think i'mgonna re-sub........soon....

Same here!
    Waiting to resub when they release the new models.

I would love to play as a human, nelf, belf, orc, tauren or undead.
    However, when seeing the animations and outdated character I quickly get bored of my char.

Had a blast in MoP with my pandaren monk (love the pandaren).
    I consider pandaren a great race, but not as my main. So I had a lovely alt but no main, decided to unsub & wait for new models.

I'll be playing again soon...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    "One of the human models was changed six years ago and there was a large uproar over how the eye blink changed."

That specific uproar wasn't just because the blink of human female changed, but also because they reduced the polygon amount of the model and adjusted their waist to be slimmer, explaining it on performance at the time when new more detailed races like belves and draenei had come to be.

Would be nice when they use these excuses they would atleast explain it beyond arbitary "they hated new blink effect!" bullshit.
    Pictures of that 'remodel'?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skur View Post
    Ugh... People in this thread need to realize and understand that this is a huge amount of work! This isn't only a remake of the old model pimp'd with more polygons and higher texture resolution. They're making completely new models! ...

You need to realise that we have been asking for new models a long time.
    Even if it's a time consuming job, this project will take another 4 years if they don't speed up the wip.

What's the use of releasing 'new models' which will be 5 years old by then?

Also they said they're afraid of changing the models because of the player's reaction.
    But didn't they say they were'nt going to hide behind that fear? Then why is it that the constantly keep repeating they are afraid of the playerbase reaction?

Just make it an option, simple... Yes, it will take more work to make tiers but aren't they hiring artists? Haven't other games done so in the past? Besides, wow armour looks dull, can't be THAT HARD to paste it onto models.
    Last edited by 3vyan; 2013-08-29 at 04:08 PM.