Page 50 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You know what? I'm a strong supporter of "new models", but I have to say, After watching garrosh's facial animations, the goblins, the pandas, I'm a bit worried they'll turn my old races into walking jokes....

Not sure if everyone saw it, but GC tweeted that the character models are being actively worked on. That sounds to me like they've been shifted up in priority.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    25% fucking percent? Wow I'm actually mad lol
    So I found the perfect sig I think :P

Also can't say i'm upset. Models never bothered me as is.

I think it's pretty dumb what they're doing. Instead of making base models and giving us customization tools like other MMOs to choose all our facial and muscle features, they're working their asses off to create the "perfect" models which not even everyone will like anyway.

Really, really dumb.

If you're afraid the eyebrows won't look the same, give us an eyebrow tool, a muscle tool, nose tool etc. TOR has it, WoW should have it. If you're gonna do something again, do it right, go all the way.

25% is pretty good in my eyes. They have to do both sexes for each race. They have 10 races to do. 20 skeletons. So 5 Models are about done. I'm fine with that.

I don't exactly have issues with the models as is - I mean I'd love for some updates and am actually a bit surprised and disappointed at the fact its only 25% but it's not game breaking.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by Timmos View Post
    25% is pretty good in my eyes. They have to do both sexes for each race. They have 10 races to do. 20 skeletons. So 5 Models are about done. I'm fine with that.
    People seem to forget that blues confirmed the goal was lowered to the 8 original races. BC ones will be delayed.

So we came from almost 2 models done by the beta of MoP, to the equivalent of almost 4 models done today. This way making it too slow.
    They even described the process in the interview. Constant meetings where they compare old and new, and give opinions and rework the thing if they think anything is debatable. It's the most clear process of STALLING.

If they keep this this way they should name the team responsible for updating player models "Red Ridge Bridge Team".

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    People seem to forget that blues confirmed the goal was lowered to the 8 original races. BC ones will be delayed.

So we came from almost 2 models done by the beta of MoP, to the equivalent of almost 4 models done today. This way making it too slow.
    They even described the process in the interview. Constant meetings where they compare old and new, and give opinions and rework the thing if they think anything is debatable. It's the most clear process of STALLING.

If they keep this this way they should name the team responsible for updating player models "Red Ridge Bridge Team".
    Frankly I'd prefer they take a lot of time than give us another Druid form disaster: cats and bears with manicured claws/fangs and pine cone/moon necklaces with leather bracers. Tree form that looks like a hippie hunchback of Notre Dame and nothing like a Treant. I'm terrified of what will happen to the Mookin form if they ever remake it.

i just want a male night elf that doesn't look gross and i wanna wear eye patches without glow eyes showing.. most people talk about Orc,Human and dwarfs as being the ones they are fixing first yet look how bad night elf males are.. they are nothing like in game lore talks about them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You know what? I'm a strong supporter of "new models", but I have to say, After watching garrosh's facial animations, the goblins, the pandas, I'm a bit worried they'll turn my old races into walking jokes....
    They are walking jokes right now and can only get better.

Please let them show at least one race at Blizzcon... pretty please.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    Not sure if everyone saw it, but GC tweeted that the character models are being actively worked on. That sounds to me like they've been shifted up in priority.
    That, plus the 40% boost in development teams and the next 40% boost? Yes, I definitely think there's a strong chance we might see a big chunk of character models appearing in the next expansion. Possibly all the original races.

I really hope they show off the models that they have completed at Blizzcon, that would be something cool to look forward to aside from expansion news.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

That could be interpreted to say that out of the 20 new models, they have 4 done, or 2 races. :/

Dwarves were almost done.
    Maybe human and orcs and one more Horde race (I'd bet trolls) to be ready by Blizzcon to show off?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    That could be interpreted to say that out of the 20 new models, they have 4 done, or 2 races. :/

Dwarves were almost done.
    Maybe human and orcs and one more Horde race (I'd bet trolls) to be ready by Blizzcon to show off?
    I'm hoping that they're including the two BC races in their list. That would definitely mean they're getting more progress done... and the Blood Elves and Draenei are barely better than the original races as it stands.

After reading the interview again, I noticed the following:

C: You don't want to log in one day and feel, like, "well MY orc, his eyebrows were a little bit more like this, and you know his ears were more like that, and you like, changed that on me, like what the ****..." You want to look at Garrosh and go, well, I love that level of fidelity but if we actually literally map it onto your character it gets pretty scary. So it's still going to be really risky for us to do, we're going to try it out and see how it goes, but there's still danger.

Shouldn't they have tried it out by now already? They have been working on them for 1,5years now, or so they say...

Also, everyone talks about 10 races, 25%.
    They made a clear distinction between vanilla races and tbc races. Yes they will redo tbc races eventually, but they are working on the vanilla ones first.

My guess is they somewhat animated dwarves, made a prototype for orcs (garrosh) and made some skins for other races.
    Meaning no race is really done.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what I just can't understand is... WHY NOT MAKE NEW MODELS AN OPTION? :/....

Deleted
    Did they say they don’t add further character customization? Like different body shapes? Maybe a thin one, medium and muscled?

Or even a completely new system like other MMOs with individual customization?

Should be possible for facial features as it takes only minimal effect on gear. As for scaling gear I think some set body shapes would be easier but I have no clue of programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    A bunch of people that don't know jack shit about development is currently complaining that they are 25% done. Allow me to let you in on a little secret. The fact is, the same artists working on the models for the next expansion are the same artists who will be updating the models. This means a player model would be updated during off times. 25% done in development speak could mean that each and every model is fully created and usable in game but most of the animations are WIP. But that is not an issue. With a company blizzard's size, if their goal is to have all of the new character models out by patch 6.1, it is easy for them to refocus their artists at any given time to work on those at 100%.

I'd rather have 50 new unique enemy models and 30 unique boss models and have my same shitty orc model that i will get used to in two weeks if it were updated than to have my shitty orc model upgraded to a brand spanking new one only to have the majority of bosses and enemies be rehashes.
    What you don't understand is that it's useless for them to work on these models if we have to wait another 5 years for them.
    By the time they are done wow will either have died or the models will be outdated already.

Also, other mmorpgs who deliver content as fast/faster seem to be able to make awesome models in only a few months.

My grandchildren are going to be really, really excited to play with the new models when they come out in 2054.

Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    What you don't understand is that it's useless for them to work on these models if we have to wait another 5 years for them.
    By the time they are done wow will either have died or the models will be outdated already.

Also, other mmorpgs who deliver content as fast/faster seem to be able to make awesome models in only a few months.
    Exactly. 25% in 2 years, 3x longer ... all new models finished in 8 years total ... time to start remodeling again because they are at 2011 quality level in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    What a fucking lame copout.
    Or, you know, the obvious truth of the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.