Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Bloodsail Admiral Sageofthe10paths's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vineland, NJ
    Posts
    1,099
    The Naga, all of them are mutated by the old gods, thus they are controlled by old gods. Do you honestly think a Naga would be like "yup, i'm over that N'Zoth guy, he's a dick. Can I join up with the Horde/Alliance?"

  2. #42
    Herald of the Titans Haidaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BUoE - Bureaucratic Union of Europe
    Posts
    2,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no they didnt. it wasnt until cata that they were retconned into the plaguelands.

    naga were everywhere connected to the ocean. the eastern plaguelands has a beach.
    Huh? Worgen were running around in silverpine forest for a long time, there is no indication that dk's are required to be inhabitants of the plague lands. If that were the case then only humans and forsaken and blood elves should be death knights, along with a few dwarves maybe, because these are the only races that live in and around the plaque lands. Even in Wrath itself the LK recruited everything he deemed somewhat interesting and turned it into whatever he wants, be it deathknights or some other kind of abomination. Goblins are all over the place too, so them becoming deathknights begs the question why the LK deemed them worthy .

    Ogres surely could be DK's, Naga though is a bit of stretch, because they are very dangerous foes themself and their presence within the scourge definetly needs a retcon.

    All in all the racial restrictions are one of the few things blizzard has done well as far as I'm concerned. They still haven't allowed tauren rogues and the worst thing so far were some of the MoP constellations, which make sense considering the races have intermingled for quite some time and there is no reason to reject a tauren that wants to be a servant of the light. They also said no to panda dk's - thank god.

  3. #43
    Worgen existed outside the walls of Silverfang, Gilneas, and as far as Duskwood, so it's not entirely improbable that some got swept into the mess of DK's, same with Goblins.

    Pandaren Have been secluded on an Isle shrouded and hidden away from the world for how many centuries or millennia? The only one we know of that left said Isle was Chen, correct? So why would they have been involved with DK's?

    As to Naga being DK's. Couldn't care less, I'm sure there could be lore reasons for them to not exist as there are reasons for them to exist.
    At times, the frequent redundancy and stupidity of this forum turns me into an argumentative ass.

    To most of you, I apologize in advance. I will attempt to be nicer.

  4. #44
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Worgen existed outside the walls of Silverfang, Gilneas, and as far as Duskwood, so it's not entirely improbable that some got swept into the mess of DK's, same with Goblins.

    Pandaren Have been secluded on an Isle shrouded and hidden away from the world for how many centuries or millennia? The only one we know of that left said Isle was Chen, correct? So why would they have been involved with DK's?
    The Pandaren "wanderers" roamed all around. There were even Pandaren in Northrend.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  5. #45
    Dreadlord Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no they didnt. it wasnt until cata that they were retconned into the plaguelands.

    naga were everywhere connected to the ocean. the eastern plaguelands has a beach.
    "around the plaguelands", silverpine close enough to the plaguelands to allow powerful scourge members to transport specific heroes to any necropoli (naxx/acherus) that might be in the surrounding zones

    we know the naga couldnt have landed on the beach, as the only beach at the time was controlled by the scarlet crusade, and there was no evidence that naga had even visited that beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    "around the plaguelands", silverpine close enough to the plaguelands to allow powerful scourge members to transport specific heroes to any necropoli (naxx/acherus) that might be in the surrounding zones

    we know the naga couldnt have landed on the beach, as the only beach at the time was controlled by the scarlet crusade, and there was no evidence that naga had even visited that beach
    there was no evidence worgen or goblin were anywhere near the dk starting zone until cata, in fact that entire zone didnt even exist until wrath.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  7. #47
    Dreadlord Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The Pandaren "wanderers" roamed all around. There were even Pandaren in Northrend.
    just because a few managed to get into northrend, doesnt automatically mean that they visited lordaeron

    we know pandaren got to northrend because theres undeniably canon evidence of this happening, we dont have any undeniably canon evidence of them going to the eastern kingdoms at all beofre MoP
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    The Naga, all of them are mutated by the old gods, thus they are controlled by old gods. Do you honestly think a Naga would be like "yup, i'm over that N'Zoth guy, he's a dick. Can I join up with the Horde/Alliance?"
    already happened before.

    some naga worshiped neptulon, just have the naga faction we play as be worshipers of neptulon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  9. #49
    Dreadlord Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there was no evidence worgen or goblin were anywhere near the dk starting zone until cata, in fact that entire zone didnt even exist until wrath.
    worgen escaped from shadowfang keep, thats been around since vanilla, the scourges reach stretched to silverpine in the form of the necromancer ravenclaw

    the goblins are from the steamweedle cartel, who had members stationed at light hope pre-cata, and had a flight master at the border of the thondoril river, which marks the border between the western/eastern plaguelands
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    worgen escaped from shadowfang keep, thats been around since vanilla, the scourges reach stretched to silverpine in the form of the necromancer ravenclaw

    the goblins are from the steamweedle cartel, who had members stationed at light hope pre-cata, and had a flight master at the border of the thondoril river, which marks the border between the western/eastern plaguelands
    doesnt matter they werent there in wrath, that entire sub section of a zone didnt even exist until then. but in cata they made them exist.

    there is a beach, naga were in northrend, naga were in the isle of quel'danas when it was still being ruled over by the scourge, the entire top of northern lordaeron has easy access to the beach where murlocs minions of the naga and neptulon were, where there is murlocs there is naga nearby.

    your excuse for the worgen and goblin retcon works just as well for naga

    plenty of places for the scourge to get naga blizzard just needs to put one there
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #51
    The Lightbringer Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    3,940
    i'd prefer the new races not be playable as death knights strictly due to the timeline of events it does not make sense.

    Does it impact my gameplay? no.
    Would i care enough to write blizzard an angry letter? no.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week Can a guy and a girl ever have a truly platonic friendship?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'd prefer the new races not be playable as death knights strictly due to the timeline of events it does not make sense.

    Does it impact my gameplay? no.
    Would i care enough to write blizzard an angry letter? no.
    then remake the starting zone.

    were draenei and blood elves kept from monks? no then death knights shouldnt be kept from new races.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    were draenei and blood elves kept from monks? no then death knights shouldnt be kept from new races.
    Draenei Monks actually give your request an enormous amount of credence. The monk trainer is so retconned in that he comments on how he was "just walking around and heard the loudest explosion of his life and suddenly there was this ship here."

    That said, I'm very much for adding a splinter faction of Naga who simply want to be free from the Old God's influence having the option of Death Knight with special flavor dialog from some of the NPCs around there to indicate how rare your race is among the Scourge. (Primarily Razuvious, Siouxsie and Mograine.) Same could go for Ogres. In fact, meeting Ogres in a Burning Legion expansion as a more organized, militarized group under a half-ogre would make them a viable Horde faction and allow Naga to be an Alliance faction taken in by the Night Elves. (In much the same way as they did the Highborn.)

  14. #54
    Dreadlord lavafoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Longview, Washington
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    then remake the starting zone.

    were draenei and blood elves kept from monks? no then death knights shouldnt be kept from new races.
    There are no more Ebon blade deathknights being made at all, not with the (arthas) lich king being dead and all that jazz.

    Monks have always been around, just never playable. (kinda like Belf warriors/druids and dwarf mages/druids)
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

  15. #55
    Poor DKs not having enough race variety, I feel so sorry for you guys!
    Try being a Paladin, Alliance Paladins haven't gotten a new race since BC.

  16. #56
    Dreadlord Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    doesnt matter they werent there in wrath, that entire sub section of a zone didnt even exist until then. but in cata they made them exist.

    there is a beach, naga were in northrend, naga were in the isle of quel'danas when it was still being ruled over by the scourge, the entire top of northern lordaeron has easy access to the beach where murlocs minions of the naga and neptulon were, where there is murlocs there is naga nearby.

    your excuse for the worgen and goblin retcon works just as well for naga

    plenty of places for the scourge to get naga blizzard just needs to put one there
    lorewise the scarlet lands have ALWAYS been there, and its acherus' goal to kill them all, and lorewise worgen have always been in close contact to scourge since classic, and lorewise goblins have been in the plaguelands since classic, and lorewise the pandaren/naga have never been near any scourge which could move their corpses to acherus for reanimation into a death knight

    the scourge DIDNT rule over quel'danas, the legion had a larger hold over the isle than the scourge did

    the only scourge there were mindless and leaderless, and so wouldnt have had the presence of mind to send naga corpses to acherus, acherus was also resurrecting heroes from the plaguelands and surrounding areas, as evidenced in the starter zone by corpses being unloaded and raised from wagons, which logically leads to the assumption that the corpses were taken from nearby, if they HAD used corpses from further afield they wouldnt have bothered to hold them in wagons

    those murlocs were never specified to be under the control of naga, only a few groups of murlocs have been shown to be linked (aka made slaves) to the naga

    that wasnt an excuse NOR was it a retcon, as there were pre-existing explanations for goblin/worgen Dks as there were goblin/worgen corpses in scourge-occupied areas that could transport those corpses to a necropolis

    northrend could be the only place the scourge could easily acquire naga corpses (although they would be more rotted than a twice-killed forsaken), however there is no evidence acherus stopped at northrend to acquire corpses to be raised as a death knight
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    There are no more Ebon blade deathknights being made at all, not with the (arthas) lich king being dead and all that jazz.

    Monks have always been around, just never playable. (kinda like Belf warriors/druids and dwarf mages/druids)
    not true and not true.

    one of the reasons metzen gave for worgen death knights being playable is that basically "necromancy didnt go away when the lich king died" so if the ebon blade arent doin it SOMEBODY is making death knights either by force or by recruitment.

    and monks (brewmasters before mists) was a class/profession pretty much exclusively used by dwarves and pandaren, the only monks that existed were holy monks which have no relation to brewmaster monks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    lorewise the scarlet lands have ALWAYS been there.

    the scourge DIDNT rule over quel'danas, the legion had a larger hold over the isle than the scourge did
    false lorewise that portion of the zone DID NOT EXIST. until wrath.

    and maybe if you read the daily quests or any of the quel'danas lore then you would know that there were no demons there at all until kael'thas returned in the last patch and summoned them there, which is why they had to retake the island from the scourge who kael'thas left the island to after he destroyed the sunwell and left for outland back when it was corrupted.

    thosde scourge were under the command of dar'khan who was in charge of all scourge operations north of epl, which means pre ghostlands quest those scourge DID have a leader and were not just walking around doing nothing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres no reason they cant hand wavy it and say they dont actually exist in the starting zone and were actually recruited by the ebon blade at x point in time.
    !
    recruited by ebon blade after the lich king was dead, and the mists of pandaria had fallen? then what sense would any of the dk starting quests make?

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    northrend could be the only place the scourge could easily acquire naga corpses (although they would be more rotted than a twice-killed forsaken), however there is no evidence acherus stopped at northrend to acquire corpses to be raised as a death knight
    did you even read the quests in the dk starting zone? acherus CAME from northrend after the lich king called back naxxramas

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    recruited by ebon blade after the lich king was dead, and the mists of pandaria had fallen? then what sense would any of the dk starting quests make?
    what sense do the bc quests make to a death knight or a worgen? gameplay does not = lore

    - - - Updated - - -

    gameplay wise i can make a pandaren monk, defeat all the evils in outland, singlehandedly defeat the lich king, destroy deathwing, meet garrosh a year before he became the warchief, et cetera et cetera
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  20. #60
    Dreadlord Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not true and not true.

    one of the reasons metzen gave for worgen death knights being playable is that basically "necromancy didnt go away when the lich king died" so if the ebon blade arent doin it SOMEBODY is making death knights either by force or by recruitment.

    - - - Updated - - -



    false lorewise that portion of the zone DID NOT EXIST. until wrath.

    and maybe if you read the daily quests or any of the quel'danas lore then you would know that there were no demons there at all until kael'thas returned in the last patch and summoned them there, which is why they had to retake the island from the scourge who kael'thas left the island to after he destroyed the sunwell and left for outland back when it was corrupted.

    thosde scourge were under the command of dar'khan who was in charge of all scourge operations north of epl, which means pre ghostlands quest those scourge DID have a leader and were not just walking around doing nothing
    actually im correct, lorewise that subzone has always existed, gameplay-wise that zone hasnt existed until wrath

    only a select few can create dks (baroness anastari who we killed in stratholme is the only one shown who could do this other than the lich king)

    dar'khan was in control of the scourge in the ghostlands/eversong woods, he was also killed before by blood elf adventurers before the naga/legion/shattered sun invaded quel'danas (belfs have to kill dar'khan to get into the horde>they go to outland with the horde>we 'kill' kael'thas> he flees to quel'danas bringing his belfs and starts summoning the legion>shattered sun and naga pursue him)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •