Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

new races added should be able to be death knights

I dont care that the starting zone takes place at the end of bc. if worgen dk, draenei and blood elf monks can all exist theres no reason they cant hand wavy it and say they dont actually exist in the starting zone and were actually recruited by the ebon blade at x point in time.

as someone with a dk main i want some new variety and if we dont get new race models next expansion then whatever race they add better be able to be a death knight.

i want my naga dk!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I dont care that the starting zone takes place at the end of bc. if worgen dk, draenei and blood elf monks can all exist theres no reason they cant hand wavy it and say they dont actually exist in the starting zone and were actually recruited by the ebon blade at x point in time.

as someone with a dk main i want some new variety and if we dont get new race models next expansion then whatever race they add better be able to be a death knight.

i want my naga dk!
    You can't just "recruit" Death Knights.

What is it with people and Naga? They're like the one race in all of Azeroth that could justifiably be said to be irredeemably evil. They were highborne that have already made the choice to be evil, and whatever new generations that have hatched since then probably don't have a lot of exposure to other world views, living at the bottom of the ocean and all. How could Blizzard justify enough of them deciding to fight for the surface dwellers that they become a playable race?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

What is it with people and Naga? They're like the one race in all of Azeroth that could justifiably be said to be irredeemably evil. They were highborne that have already made the choice to be evil, and whatever new generations that have hatched since then probably don't have a lot of exposure to other world views, living at the bottom of the ocean and all. How could Blizzard justify enough of them deciding to fight for the surface dwellers that they become a playable race?
    You really cant say that, look at the orcs, they CHOSE to be evil being convinced by Gul'Dan to drink the blood of mannoroth and commit genocide upon the draenei, and then invade Azeroth just because, and even though they did all that, they redeemed themselves and are playable now.
    Now the gilneans, they were very comfortable by themselves and they did not care at all about the other races, then they got into trouble and the Alliance opened their arms, not saying gilneans were evil, but they just did not care and did not want to take part of anything.
    Naga could be good guys, you just need an outcast faction that "defied" azshara and the old gods and they just had to run and hide, any faction could embrace them, the horde with the blood elves, and the alliance with the night elven highborne could welcome them. Why cant a naga group redeem themselves, they are capable of logical thinking as we saw on borean tundra.

EDIT:

OT: I dont think a naga death knight can actually happen, I dont think that naga can actually be raised into undeath, when was the last time you saw an undead naga?, I think it has something to do with already being transformed by the old gods, same as the faceless, there are no undead faceless because theyre old god spawn.
    Last edited by Samsara; 2013-08-24 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

yes you can, and easy, have the naga who worshiped neptulon turn away from azshara and help <insert important lore figure here> and then have them send a letter to <insert faction leader here>

just like death knights, if a death knight can literally walk straight up to the king/warchief without any guard doing a single thing except insult them and throw rotton fruit a naga could do the same thing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Orcs as a whole didn't chose to be evil. And in some ways I don't think their leaders did either. Their leaders chose to the drink the blood in the belief it would make them stronger, not because it would make them evil. They didn't know that drinking the blood would horribly corrupt and enslave them to the legion by turning them into rage monsters. The general Orc population may not have wanted what their leaders were after, but whether they did or not, the fell to the corruption as soon as the leaders drank.

Azshara I think had a pretty good idea of what she was getting herself into, but was drunk on the prospect of obtaining power beyond what she had imagined. Her people were so drunk on the idea of HER, that they blindly followed her every wish.

Yeah, some Naga could be redeemed, but I think the odds are pretty low given that their entire species have all come from those who adored Azshara to the point were they were happy to let the world burn because she said so.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    You really cant say that, look at the orcs, they CHOSE to be evil being convinced by Gul'Dan to drink the blood of mannoroth and commit genocide upon the draenei, and then invade Azeroth just because, and even though they did all that, they redeemed themselves and are playable now.
    Now the gilneans, they were very comfortable by themselves and they did not care at all about the other races, then they got into trouble and the Alliance opened their arms, not saying gilneans were evil, but they just did not care and did not want to take part of anything.
    Naga could be good guys, you just need an outcast faction that "defied" azshara and the old gods and they just had to run and hide, any faction could embrace them, the horde with the blood elves, and the alliance with the night elven highborne could welcome them. Why cant a naga group redeem themselves, they are capable of logical thinking as we saw on borean tundra.

EDIT:

OT: I dont think a naga death knight can actually happen, I dont think that naga can actually be raised into undeath, when was the last time you saw an undead naga?, I think it has something to do with already being transformed by the old gods, same as the faceless, there are no undead faceless because theyre old god spawn.
    orcs didn't choose to be evil, one orc tricked most other orcs into drinking demon blood which made them crazy. They didn't choose to do anything they got forced to by demons.

Naga being playable would be stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

yes you can, and easy, have the naga who worshiped neptulon turn away from azshara and help <insert important lore figure here> and then have them send a letter to <insert faction leader here>

just like death knights, if a death knight can literally walk straight up to the king/warchief without any guard doing a single thing except insult them and throw rotton fruit a naga could do the same thing
    WOTLK had terrible story all around it. Arthas literally watched you kill his "most powerful champions" multiple times but did nothing because you "entertained" him... and he had the power to teleport anywhere on northrend yet only does it to laugh at you and talk shit, never once does he actually attack unless you count HoR which is also terrible.
    Lastly his plan is to make an unbeatable army of undead so he lets u almost kill him, except he has an unbeatable army of undead in icecrown which is the whole reason there must always be a LK... if not the undead will kill everything and there is far too many for us to beat.
    it made no sense...

now if u want blizzard to ruin the story for naga just as much they can do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    The Orcs as a whole didn't chose to be evil. And in some ways I don't think their leaders did either. Their leaders chose to the drink the blood in the belief it would make them stronger, not because it would make them evil. They didn't know that drinking the blood would horribly corrupt and enslave them to the legion by turning them into rage monsters. The general Orc population may not have wanted what their leaders were after, but whether they did or not, the fell to the corruption as soon as the leaders drank.

Azshara I think had a pretty good idea of what she was getting herself into, but was drunk on the prospect of obtaining power beyond what she had imagined. Her people were so drunk on the idea of HER, that they blindly followed her every wish.

Yeah, some Naga could be redeemed, but I think the odds are pretty low given that their entire species have all come from those who adored Azshara to the point were they were happy to let the world burn because she said so.
    This right here

I'm still annoyed that the Death Knight got a race to begin with. If they'd stuck with the souls of warlocks crammed into the body of alliance knights I would have been far more pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    WOTLK had terrible story all around it. Arthas literally watched you kill his "most powerful champions" multiple times but did nothing because you "entertained" him... and he had the power to teleport anywhere on northrend yet only does it to laugh at you and talk shit, never once does he actually attack unless you count HoR which is also terrible.
    Lastly his plan is to make an unbeatable army of undead so he lets u almost kill him, except he has an unbeatable army of undead in icecrown which is the whole reason there must always be a LK... if not the undead will kill everything and there is far too many for us to beat.
    it made no sense...
    Creating a story if the very basic outcome is already set in stone limits the writing possibilities.

Warcraft 3 was more open on this part, for example.

now if u want blizzard to ruin the story for naga just as much they can do it.
    Will happen as soon as Azshara comes around.

I just want to say, the only reason player death knights exist is because Arthas created and somewhat trained them. As of cataclysm all the new races will not have had that opportunity, and therefore it would be weird if they suddenly gained the powers of death knights from a lore character who is dead.

The reason monks of all races exist is because it is just a question of being trained martially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... A High Elf Death Knight sounds good, is it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Uhm... A High Elf Death Knight sounds good, is it not?
    You mean like Koltira?Who went to the Horde once he got his free will back?

On topic it depends on the race. Arrakoa or Ogres, yes. Jinyu and Hozen, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don't see why all races can't play all classes at this point. Get rid of racials too, make it a purely cosmetic choice so people can play what they like.
    i would like to play a tauren rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd make no sense lorewise, while monks do.

From a Lore stand point, it makes No scene, since the Lich king Makes the Death knights and in the New Races storyline hell be dead.

Deleted

it made no sense...

Actually, the LK fooled everyone. He wanted the best champions of azeroth to fight his best generals and defeat them so he could kill and revive them as his best deathknights. He could have easly whipe the whole life in azeroth but it isnt azeroth itself what he needed to be preparer to fight against.

LK never thought that the ashbringer would be that powerful and it was that unexpected foe that kill him. The whole northrend plot is about the LK "training" you to be his best champion... thats why he never kills you when you defeat a powerfull enemy, he only wants you to become more powerfull, kind of a curiosity becouse thats how he trains his DKs... he makes them fight in impossible missions so he gets the best of the best. He even let the whole ToC thing stay as it was so that way the ones that were worthy to fight him would go to ICC.

10+ Year Old Account

i want my naga dk!
    While I'm not "enthralled" by the prospect of Naga as playable, you're approaching the situation all wrong.

Naga, and even Pandaren, could easily be Death Knights. Why? Because they were around when the Lich King was building the Ebon Blade. Naga have been in the game forever, and the Pandaren from the wandering isle have, in lore, been poking around Azeroth for quite a while too. It's the same with the Goblins and the Worgen: the DK versions aren't, in lore, the recently horde-aligned Bilgewater Goblins or Gilnean Worgen. They're Goblins and Worgen who happened to be killed and raised by the Lich King.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Don't ruin my nagas!
    My name is what makes me so manly.

considering the amount of naga corpses in borean tundra during WotLK, I'm sure the lich king had some naga DKs in his ranks.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

No new races plz, class yes . Nagas as DKs ? I can see all those floating skeletons in vashj'ir summoned by Naga DK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post

Ok, let's take your point since it's the one I usually hear/read.

First, let's touch on the orcs. Were the orcs evil? No, they were tricked into drinking demon blood. What about the second time? They weren't tricked then anymore. Grom drank demon blood and so did his orcs... at their own will, knowing what it will do but thinking they would control it. They did not. But in the end, there was a faction of non-evil orcs, the ones who went with Thrall. And orcs have since shown they aren't evil by all the good they did in the world... except when Garrosh came in power again. This time, without even having drank demon blood, the orcs pillaged and killed... and for what? For power, for the battle. But there was still a faction of orcs that weren't evil. So overall, I'm sorry to say this, but orcs are bloodthirsty, and this kind of makes them evil. Fortunately for them, they're also stupid. And since they had some good leaders at times that were not stupid (like Thrall, like Gorgonna leading her outpost in Northrend, Nazgrel leading the Horde campaign in Outland etc) they advanced and became a force of good in many ways simply because they were the instruments of their leaders.

Now, back to races in general. There was another race that was redeemed the same, through a long-lost faction. It didn't work out for them because... you know, spaceships don't really fit WoW. However, from other points it did. Draenei were accepted in the WoW lore, the major problem is their technology though.

And about your point with the Highbourne dieing and whatnot and not caring if the world burned and all the new naga are children of those Highbourne... well yes, but then, do you share the exact same worldviews as your parents? No? I bet neither do all the naga children. I rest my case.