Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    WOTLK had terrible story all around it. Arthas literally watched you kill his "most powerful champions" multiple times but did nothing because you "entertained" him... and he had the power to teleport anywhere on northrend yet only does it to laugh at you and talk shit, never once does he actually attack unless you count HoR which is also terrible.
    Lastly his plan is to make an unbeatable army of undead so he lets u almost kill him, except he has an unbeatable army of undead in icecrown which is the whole reason there must always be a LK... if not the undead will kill everything and there is far too many for us to beat.
    it made no sense...
    Actually in a Howling Fjord questline he traps you inside some sort of a bubble and gives you a "lesson" and explains how you have a greater destiny ahead of you which is why he will let this be a lesson one, so he kills you but doesn't steal your soul.

@Snowraven, two things A. Really cool System Shock picture as your icon. B. we haven't seen anyone at the point in the lore who is able to break away from the corruption of old gods. I guess we were always told how a small branch of Orcs separated from the legion to rebel, and how Syvanas was the first of Arthas/Lich King to break free from that. We have never seen a Naga leader leave and rebel, we had Lady Vashj in Outlands, but we don't know if she was carrying out the will of Azshara or not. Azshara is basically the Avatar of an old god. All the other insect races agree when an old god says jump they say how high. They may fight amongst themselves, might ask for our help in killing corrupted versions of their own race (the Nerub, the Mantid) but ultimately their gods aren't our gods.
    Last edited by Sageofthe10paths; 2013-08-25 at 03:29 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I dont care that the starting zone takes place at the end of bc. if worgen dk, draenei and blood elf monks can all exist theres no reason they cant hand wavy it and say they dont actually exist in the starting zone and were actually recruited by the ebon blade at x point in time.

as someone with a dk main i want some new variety and if we dont get new race models next expansion then whatever race they add better be able to be a death knight.

i want my naga dk!
    No active Lich King = No Death Knights.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think Death Knights have limited races to choose from.... Try being a horde paladin.

Tauren or Blood Elf and that's it.

Both have crap racials in comparison to trolls, orcs, goblins, etc.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    @Snowraven, two things A. Really cool System Shock picture as your icon. B. we haven't seen anyone at the point in the lore who is able to break away from the corruption of old gods. I guess we were always told how a small branch of Orcs separated from the legion to rebel, and how Syvanas was the first of Arthas/Lich King to break free from that. We have never seen a Naga leader leave and rebel, we had Lady Vashj in Outlands, but we don't know if she was carrying out the will of Azshara or not. Azshara is basically the Avatar of an old god. All the other insect races agree when an old god says jump they say how high. They may fight amongst themselves, might ask for our help in killing corrupted versions of their own race (the Nerub, the Mantid) but ultimately their gods aren't our gods.
    Just as a point of clarification, I don't believe the Nerubians worship Yogg-saron (anymore.) Remember, the faceless ones they uncovered started attacking them over the course of the war of the spider.

Where has this happened before? Can you give me a wowpedia or wowwiki source? Pretty sure every single Naga I've seen was a badie.
    Well, it might have been retconned to some degree, but there's a naga chained up in the slave pens who says:

"They fear my words. They make an example out of me. A mockery of the one true god, Neptulon.

<Skar'this spits.>

Retribution comesss, mortal. The glorious hand of the Tidehunter will one day sweep through the non-believers like a scythe against a new harvest."

Skar'this is also responsible for summoning Ahune during the Midsummer festival, but it's worth noting that he does so at the behest of the Twilight's hammer, which are, of course, servants of the old gods... whom Neptulon is now at odds with.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No active Lich King = No Death Knights.
    There have been at least three different methods of creating death knights in WoW, non of them have been retconned out. A warlock soul can be crammed into a dead knight, a paladin can loose hope and fall to corruption and Arthas can make them from scratch without inventing the universe. Arthas's turning is very similar to the first one as Nerzhul aka the lich king infected his soul; but it's different enough that it could be a fourth.

There shouldn't be any more Arthas death knights, sure, but there are other ways. Either any of the three listed, or a new method. Hell a fallen monk makes as much sense as a fallen paladin, and fallen shaman started the fad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Well the reason you cant have Panda DK's is obvious, there werent any around on Azeroth to be made into DK's.
    Not even remotely true. They've been retconned into being all over the world as far back as BC thanks to the Draenei Monk trainer's dialog.

The issue with pandas was likely more of a mechanical game issue than lore: they're neutral, how does the game know which faction to send them to unless they added a Pandaren-only extra scene for choosing a side in the DK intro?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    There have been at least three different methods of creating death knights in WoW, non of them have been retconned out. A warlock soul can be crammed into a dead knight, a paladin can loose hope and fall to corruption and Arthas can make them from scratch without inventing the universe. Arthas's turning is very similar to the first one as Nerzhul aka the lich king infected his soul; but it's different enough that it could be a fourth.

There shouldn't be any more Arthas death knights, sure, but there are other ways. Either any of the three listed, or a new method. Hell a fallen monk makes as much sense as a fallen paladin, and fallen shaman started the fad.
    Which wouldn't still make any sense, since the First Generation are orc warlocks inside dead bodies, leaving the question of then those DKs are Horde or Alliance and the Second Generation need corrupted Paladins and none of the new races have paladins.

The Third Generation is actually the possible one, but it would be the one Pandaren Death Knight in existence case, which makes it very hard to pull.

Where has this happened before? Can you give me a wowpedia or wowwiki source? Pretty sure every single Naga I've seen was a badie.
    http://wowpedia.org/Skar%27this_the_Heretic

They fear my words. They make an example out of me. A mockery of the one true god, Neptulon.

<Skar'this spits.>

Retribution comesss, mortal. The glorious hand of the Tidehunter will one day sweep through the non-believers like a scythe against a new harvest.
    than he allied himself with the twilight cult to summon ahune and kill all the azshara-worshiping naga, but we killed him. this was before the twilight cult and neptulon became enemies.

he also had quite a bunch of followers:

http://wowpedia.org/Heretic_Emissary
    http://wowpedia.org/Heretic_Bodyguard
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-08-26 at 01:51 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Which wouldn't still make any sense, since the First Generation are orc warlocks inside dead bodies, leaving the question of then those DKs are Horde or Alliance and the Second Generation need corrupted Paladins and none of the new races have paladins.
    The "first" type of DKs are Burning Legion-aligned. The second generation would strictly be Arthas aligned, and that makes little sense, as Arthas obviously isn't kicking around anymore.

The Third Generation is actually the possible one, but it would be the one Pandaren Death Knight in existence case, which makes it very hard to pull.
    I'm sure the Ebon blade, in their menagerie of Undead creatures (including at least one Lich) could find a way to raise more Death Knights if Blizzard REALLY wanted them to.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I disagree on the second part, you would have to vastly underestimate a triple A game developer to think they couldnt work out a simple faction placement.
    I didn't say they couldn't "work it out" I said they'd have to add special content to those who picked a certain race. Blizzard devs (especially GC) has said on enough occasions that "if it requires extra effort, we'd have to take it from somewhere else." (Copout, I know.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The "first" type of DKs are Burning Legion-aligned. The second generation would strictly be Arthas aligned, and that makes little sense, as Arthas obviously isn't kicking around anymore.
    Actually, the first generation are Horde-aligned. It was Doomhammer that asked Gul'dan to come with some new force to attack the Alliance. Teron Gorefiend, the first Death Knight, never worked for the Burning Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

What is it with people and Naga? They're like the one race in all of Azeroth that could justifiably be said to be irredeemably evil. They were highborne that have already made the choice to be evil, and whatever new generations that have hatched since then probably don't have a lot of exposure to other world views, living at the bottom of the ocean and all. How could Blizzard justify enough of them deciding to fight for the surface dwellers that they become a playable race?
    The retcon would be very easy to fit playable naga into the lore.

First, Azshara made the deal, not the Highborne. It's important to note because if we imagine that the enemies of the Highborne were in Zin'Azshari when the city sunk, then you could argue that N'Zoth went ahead and made EVERYONE in the city a naga instead of just Azshara's forces, because why would an Old God sit and nitpick each night elf to see if he or she is with Azshara or against her?

People still think High Elves will ever be a race by themselves for the Alliance?

Deleted
    Naga Death Knight?? OMG! xDD
    Naga`s have only Wizards, Warriors, Shamans and Warlocks. >> http://www.wowwiki.com/Naga

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

I think the first one works best, as you end up with the body being cosmetic only. If you have the willing souls of warlocks and some heroic sized corpses then you're set. All you need is perhaps Guldan's expertise and you're ready to go. That last bit is probably the trickiest as he's the only being with literal world shattering power that has been put to that purpose in game lore.

So any race with a body works, ethereals are out but that's about it.