Ele shammy viable?

Hey guys, at the current state of elemental shamans, should I be concerned with one on my 10 man core team? Or are they still viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, perfectly viable.

Absolutely viable and then some. You have no need to worry about the class/spec at all, just the player (as you do with everyone on your raid team).

Ya there are quite a few fun cleave fights with lots of waves of adds and just be thankful you arent melee. 5.4 should be great for ele.

Very viable. Now, unleash those elements!

Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    Very viable. Now, unleash those elements!
    Well technically unleashed elements isn't great to use for ele, but I like the sentiment !

Our main Elemental Shaman is pretty consistently in the top 3 on the dps charts in our 10m.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Our main Elemental Shaman is pretty consistently in the top 3 on the dps charts in our 10m.
    I am happy for him but these sort of statements really do not help anyone. It could be due to a large number of factors specific to your 10 man.

Every spec is viable in the hands of the right player.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    I am happy for him but these sort of statements really do not help anyone. It could be due to a large number of factors specific to your 10 man.

Every spec is viable in the hands of the right player.
    also the fact you can often run 3 healers 2 tanks, so top 3 simply = middle...that's not really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    Well technically unleashed elements isn't great to use for ele, but I like the sentiment !
    I didn't tell anyone to use the spell "Unleashed Elements."

I'm just saying that this person performs well regularly with the spec so yes, it's a totally viable one.
    Our top 3 are generally a hunter, ele shaman and a dk all fluctuating in ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I'm just saying that this person performs well regularly with the spec so yes, it's a totally viable one.
    Our top 3 are generally a hunter, ele shaman and a dk all fluctuating in ranking.
    There's your sign.

Very. Damage is fine, AoE is very nice so you'll be loved on Ji'Kun/Tortos etc, and you bring greatly utility including a nice healing CD.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't tell anyone to use the spell "Unleashed Elements."
    Admission: I did giggle at his response.

Switching this up a bit for those who arena on PTR. Are Ele Shaman viable in PvP?

Switching this up a bit for those who arena on PTR. Are Ele Shaman viable in PvP?
    Ridiculously so.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Ridiculously so.
    Even in arena? My gear isn't the greatest and I've been trying harder and harder to better balance my defensive totems; but I am ALWAYS jumped by the other team Stun > Stun > Fear > Silence > Dead, lol.
    And I know why, I just must be missing something. Hoping it's the gear.

Even in arena? My gear isn't the greatest and I've been trying harder and harder to better balance my defensive totems; but I am ALWAYS jumped by the other team Stun > Stun > Fear > Silence > Dead, lol.
    Very, even right now Ele is the god caster in arena. Them and ferals are so out of line it's not even funny.

Something you have to deal with as Elemental, learning how to react properly when focused.

Just keep spreading FS on every target available and you'll be fine, sometimes those lucky chainprocs push the enemy easily into defense.