LSD 2.0 tactics and tips

Hey guys,

So tonight I finally ran lds2 on my shaman. And frankly it was shit. I don't feel like I really did anything detrimental except my first match I tremored my own fear.

With that aside I am a 2k player and was just curious if I could get some tips on LSD 2.0 from every angle lock, shaman, and druid.

Will be responding to posts, so spam away.

Thanks!

use 30 second tremor talent/macro
    dont run into the open
    stand near gateway
    stand in LOS of your teammates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennegadelawlz View Post
    Hey guys,

So tonight I finally ran lds2 on my shaman. And frankly it was shit. I don't feel like I really did anything detrimental except my first match I tremored my own fear.

With that aside I am a 2k player and was just curious if I could get some tips on LSD 2.0 from every angle lock, shaman, and druid.

Will be responding to posts, so spam away.

Thanks!

i play this comp

its hard to say what the problem is because you're telling us how long the matches are.. who's doing what dmg; who's being burned.. hows your druid using trink and cds, how close are you getting to kills, what are you and your lock using your counters / interrupt on...is the other team rotting? are they 100% through DS? are you lining up your burst w/ DS? etc.

maybe give us a rundown of the avg game?

It's pretty much tab-dot and preassure entire enemy team, rest comes from CD usage - how well you avoid enemy burst with gateaway, how you space cc, how you space cds. This setup is king of sustain preassure, but pretty much everyone can arena-1-2-3 dots and ride on procs. The difference comes from not droping to ret/hunt feral/hunt zergs and playing PHP it's noticable when 2K LSD2 either die through initial zerg or stack all cds to die in next cc on healer and then you queue into top LSD2 of BG and feel like you didn't even have wings at all, hunters pet died and wholle team is on 30% hp.

I understand that first expirience was frustraiting, but it's easier to pick zerg setup then to pick turtle setup becouse second require more synergy and communication between players (althought mastering both is equally tought imo). Tbh i wouldn't give up on setup after initial loosing streak, unless you didn't like ppls you played with.

dot up everything and just wait for something to die. works at least up to 2k+.
    druid should cycle cyclones so the enemy healer gets behind on healing and uses cooldowns (you HAVE TO harass the healer with cc/locks (even blanket spellock helps
    as a shaman try to predict enemy dps burst / switches - if you don't see a switch coming you might be in a bad spot if you get cc'd and the wrong teammate has earthshield! another thing for positioning - tell your teammates early if you want to link since they have to be nearby.
    that's all I can think of now. only played the comp for 50 games or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    ppfftt i missed the 2 in lsd2.

still, you're just going to get a bunch of general bullshit that you probably already know unless you're specific.

Spread dots, use fear in a target, cyc in the other, coil/hex/bash as needed.

Seriously, it is THE most annoying I have ever faced (played against it as FPS and kitty, really, really annoying the amount of time you spend in CC).

Well from what I can tell you is here:

1. Lock was not multi-dotting the dps.
    2. Heals told me he wasnt running a trinket which made me laugh.
    3. I almost always had = pressure out even with getting trained. So maybe the lock wasn't up tobpar on affliction dmg.
    4.CC was subpar both of my team mates were relying on me for CC when I have CDs on my CC even with Beam.
    5. Even on matches where we lost I did more damage than the opposing teams MVP.
    6. As a group though I have played with players off the bat that have good positioning, and this pug arena griup might have been the worst positioning I have seen.

Also for the record everyone keeps saying this but Ele shamans do not have link or earthshield.

I wasn't running stomp totem because frankly as ele I compete much better with projection.

I main UhDK and alt Boomkin/rdruid. I find that if you are playing on lock teams the lock makes or breaks the team. I have played on my DK with 2k locks that melt to rushes, locks that can't land fears or do even half my damage. Then I have played with some locks who melt faces and keep the enemy team CCed the whole game and are impossible to put any damage into. The lock makes or breaks any comp that involves a lock. Same thing on my boomkin. Play with one lock and it seems like everyone is at half health and we can't land a kill, play with another and all I have to do is land one root/beam->clone and the game is over.

Lock is the most important player in any team that has a lock.

You are confusing LSD with LSD 2.0

LSD = Lock/ele/rdruid
    LSD 2.0 = Lock/Boomy/rsham

Both strong, but with how good ele's are right now, LSD is considered the stronger. Played @ 2k mmr a few nights ago and its really strong. Lock basically rots everything, and the ele tries to global something that the lock has left @ half health in a swap. Super effective during DS.

Its an outlast comp. Play super defensively, especially during openers against hunter teams (use mushrooms well and its way harder for hunter teams to kill you).

Comp relies heavily on lock to get lots of fears out. Enemy teams we played against almost all tried to kill our shaman, leaving me free to fear spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennegadelawlz View Post
    Well from what I can tell you is here:

1. Lock was not multi-dotting the dps.
    2. Heals told me he wasnt running a trinket which made me laugh.
    3. I almost always had = pressure out even with getting trained. So maybe the lock wasn't up tobpar on affliction dmg.
    4.CC was subpar both of my team mates were relying on me for CC when I have CDs on my CC even with Beam.
    5. Even on matches where we lost I did more damage than the opposing teams MVP.
    6. As a group though I have played with players off the bat that have good positioning, and this pug arena griup might have been the worst positioning I have seen.

Also for the record everyone keeps saying this but Ele shamans do not have link or earthshield.

I wasn't running stomp totem because frankly as ele I compete much better with projection.
    As some ppls pointed you've wronged us on setup since you're playing first version of LSD. That aside you've simply played with wrong ppls, becouse shaman is generally a support CC whille core comes from warlock who should be shutting down oposite team so they are in a position to make a choice between training lock and allowing shaman free damage and risk someone going down in couple globals or train shaman and fall behind on healing and run into situation with healer + 1 cross-cced and 3d teammate fall over in 1v3. If lock isn't multi-dotting and controling healer then said healer can dispell through UA whille you're being trained and literally shut down all preassure.