Deleted

Destro: how to play in PvP

Hi,

I'm a long time affli lock in good gear (mostly tyrranical) and I do quite well in normal BGs which I mostly play. Every now and then I feel like trying out destro but every time I do it's just a frustrating experience since I have a hard time getting spells off due to so much hard casting as destro and especially against melee. It's much easier for me against melee as affli since I can kite them around so much. As destro I run with the shivarra with mesmerize key bound of course and I chose mortal coil instead of shadow fury since I feel it's better against melee.

I feel less squishy though as destro but I have a hard time getting my spells off so how do you do it on destro and how do you deal with casters? Any advice would be much appreciated.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'll need to know how to faceroll.

Infracted for spam.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-08-25 at 12:54 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the constructive reply...

10+ Year Old Account
    1/A/2/1/1or3/2

the 'A' means any depending on what kind of pvp. I use howl for rbgs when im not on defense for the game. shadowfury for arenas. and mortal coil almost never but its good for both when either playing defense or arenas when youre confident in your healer. Basically follow up every shadorfury with a fear when blood horror is on CD or CB when you have blood horror up then fear after the blood horror. Basically what this guy does to soda but adapted for other classes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...3uQQHbI#t=396s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    1/A/2/1/1or3/2

the 'A' means any depending on what kind of pvp. I use howl for rbgs when im not on defense for the game. shadowfury for arenas. and mortal coil almost never but its good for both when either playing defense or arenas when youre confident in your healer. Basically follow up every shadorfury with a fear when blood horror is on CD or CB when you have blood horror up then fear after the blood horror. Basically what this guy does to soda but adapted for other classes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...3uQQHbI#t=396s
    That’s more or less what I try to do but as we all know fear is rather weak and shadow fury mostly let you get off one free spell cast if you’re lucky. I'm starting to suspect destro is good with a pocket healer but less so without one? As affli I don’t feel that need for a pocket healer since I can mostly get away with soul burn + portal= immune to snares and 150*% run speed for 8 secs.
    It would be nice if an experienced PvP destro lock could post some info here about their play style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you said pocket healer i assume youre talking about non-rated pvp. This is what my randoms look like http://i.imgur.com/qqj6EA9.jpg without a pocket healer.
    Last edited by dawawe; 2013-08-25 at 07:58 AM.

Destro is in a fairly crappy state since they put an invisible 25% dmg nerf to chaosbolt in pvp. You can pad the crap out of the meter by aoeing a ton with manno's fury but the burst that was there with chaosbolt now requires like 3-4 of them which is ludicrous considering the cast time.

There's a reason everyone switched to aff for 5.3 for arenas.

For destro BG's you just wanna use manno's fury and aoe the living crap out of everybody while fully mastery stacked and its fairly difficult to kill you since you generate embers like crazy which allows you to spam ember tap if people are training you. Howl is also nice for when you're getting trained since the cd keeps getting reduced.