Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    There ARE legitimate reasons not to want your dog on your bed, there's a bunch of nasty bacteria that tend to build up on different parts of a dog, and you don't want them transferred on your sheets/mattress, but provided that you are aware of the risks - and do everything to minimize them, then go ahead and let your dog do whatever. Google it, and see for yourself.

Like I said before, it's your choice, that guy sounds like a douche - being a guest in your house and going all hygiene police.
    LOL Right? But yeah, I try to keep her, my bed, and me as clean as possible.. She gets a bath at least twice a week, and I change my sheets n stuff, pretty much every other day. Not really because of her, it's just the way I've always done it. But yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    All of my pets sleep on the bed, lay on the sofa - whatever with me. One of my cats even likes to be carried around the house like a baby so I often have him in one arm while using the other to clean up or whatever.

Most people with the view that pets are "gross" don't own any, so they don't "get" it.
    Haha cuuute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    2 Deer Chihuahuas and 1 Chugiener (puppy) in a King Size bed. Usually works well but then all 3 get the Bright Idea of sleeping on my Pillow......
    You have Deer?! In your house? No shit? (Oh wait "Deer Chihuahuas" Gotcha.) I was gunna say.. That's actually kinda cool. lol
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Heh, I told my GF years ago. She can do what she wants to the Kitchen, Living Room, Bathroom, Bedroom and I'll always make sure she has the Vehicle she wants without any problems AND I'll fully support her Coca-Cola Collection without questions..........BUT...........the dog sleeps in the bed with us AND stay out of my Computer Room

Been Married 17 yrs now :P
    I wish, the problem is, when things would heat up, he bites her let or butt rofl. that and he sheds like crazy and no amount of baths, brushing, cleaning, grooming, or tricks/products can lower the volume. so he had to transfer to the brother's room

I slept with my dalmation every single night of you 15 year life span.

She would sleep between my legs with her head on my thigh, she was my best friend, i dont care what anyone said.

Id kiss my dog on the mouth and let her lick my face, shit i would share ice cream cones with my dog.

But yeah, OP if he thinks your gross, he need not come over to your house, you wouldnt wanna offend the dbag would you?!

10+ Year Old Account
    To each their own, many people share bed space with a pet. I suppose it's "gross" to people who aren't fond of dogs. Not much of a dog person personally so can't say I'd do that, but for every "gross" person with a dog on their bed there's another with a face full of cat fur, or god knows what else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    Well, at least he probably makes an extra cushy pillow when you sleep! :P
    Nah, he farts too much and makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    LOL Right? But yeah, I try to keep her, my bed, and me as clean as possible.. She gets a bath at least twice a week, and I change my sheets n stuff, pretty much every other day. Not really because of her, it's just the way I've always done it. But yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha cuuute.

- - - Updated - - -

You have Deer?! In your house? No shit? (Oh wait "Deer Chihuahuas" Gotcha.) I was gunna say.. That's actually kinda cool. lol
    The bolded statement is good... you strip the dogs of natural oils they need to keep their skin healthy....is your dog prone to rashes and such, if so...that might be the factor....I would wash my dalmation every 2 weeks, get the stink off her, but not dry out her skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    But yeah, OP if he thinks your gross, he need not come over to your house, you wouldnt wanna offend the dbag would you?!
    Haha, true that, wouldn't want him to feel uncomfortable with the way I sleep.. LoL
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pvrwizard View Post
    must be pretty damned fat. Dobermans aren't that big. My 2 year old St. Bernard is only 140 or so and my Great Pyrennes is maybe 150 and these are considered large breed. Dobermans are not considered a large breed. Average weight of a Doberman is 70-90 pounds
    I spoil him, I admit it, I treat my animals♥like babies, the dominant animals are the rats funnily enough, it is hilarious to watch a 3LB rat swinging off a 200lb dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    The bolded statement is good... you strip the dogs of natural oils they need to keep their skin healthy....is your dog prone to rashes and such, if so...that might be the factor....I would wash my dalmation every 2 weeks, get the stink off her, but not dry out her skin.
    Nah, she doesn't have any skin problems or anything.. And most of the bath time, is just to get off the dirt she likes to roll in, or some of the loose hair still left over after a brushing. Plus I add a lil Olive Oil to her food, to keep her skin & coat healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I spoil him, I admit it, I treat my animals♥like babies, the dominant animals are the rats funnily enough, it is hilarious to watch a 3LB rat swinging off a 200lb dog.
    LoL, That sounds funny to watch, just reading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Disclaimer: Gutter dwellers will find no rule 34 here.

OT: Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Now see, I don't think so either.. But this person (a friend of a friend) was so adamant about it. And proceeds to tell me how dirty dogs are, and that I'm going to wake up one day with pink-eye and stuff like that. Needless to say, he won't be coming over again anytime soon.
    The guy just sounds like a faggot, and I don't mean that in the gay sense, who gives a shit what he thinks if you like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really thought at first you were talking about having relations with a dog. But then I read it and I found out it was actually sleeping next to your dog. Well I dont have a problem with it. I sleep next to my dog all the time. Shes a golden retriever lab mix. And I live in buffalo so she adds extra warmth.

I sleep w/my dog. Sleeping with your pets is a way of bonding with them, your dogs naturally want to sleep with you, it makes them feel safe...they are pack animals, it is unnatural for them to sleep separately from you :P At the very least, I think people should let their pets sleep in the same room, or at least have 2 pets that can sleep and hang out together.

I bathe my dog and change my sheets regularly, and my dog gets heartworm/flea meds monthly, so health and cleanliness is not an issue.

peanut butter + hungry dog= good time
    Don't force me to run you through!

-Knight, Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I sleep w/my dog. Sleeping with your pets is a way of bonding with them, your dogs naturally want to sleep with you, it makes them feel safe...they are pack animals, it is unnatural for them to sleep separately from you :P At the very least, I think people should let their pets sleep in the same room, or at least have 2 pets that can sleep and hang out together.

I bathe my dog and change my sheets regularly, and my dog gets heartworm/flea meds monthly, so health and cleanliness is not an issue.
    Right, I do the same. Making sure there's no health or cleanliness issues.. Then again, I'd do that anyway, even if she didn't sleep next to me. I think it's pretty bonding too, takes a lot of trust for an animal to "let go" of fears they might have about humans. Both us, and dogs are social animals, so it's only makes sense to be as social and together as possible. Even if we're just napping.

Deleted
    I change my bedding daily and clean my house daily, so I don't mind if my dog sleeps in my room or on my bed. As long as they're cleaned regularly, dogs aren't that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't do it because of fur, stinky, and risk of fleas.

I got a mini yorkie, she sleeps next to my pillow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the dog. I have two dogs at home and I never sleep with either of them, even though I sometimes want to especially when its cold. The reason for not letting them on the bed is because my German Shorthair Pointer leaves a shit load of fur all over the place and the Bichon has a 50% chance of peeing/pooping on my bed. I have let my Pointer sleep on the bed before when she was i'll or after surgery but its a pain in the ass to clean the bed after. I love both my dogs but I prefer letting them sleep on their doggy beds. Plus they prefer their own ridiculously large doggy beds over my bed anyways.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to lie, i saw the title and got happy. I then read the thread and got sad.

J/K there is nothing wrong with it, hell I used to cuddle with my dog, but now its with my cat.