Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No offense, but this is utter fucking nonsense.

Nintendo has set the vast majority of console gaming's trends, and others follow, always. To this day, Microsoft/Sony controllers feature a + thumbpad, which originated on the Famicom's controller. Xbox's A B X Y L R buttons... SNES controller much? Portable gaming? Thanks, Gameboy. Analog sticks? Hi Nintendo64. Touchscreen gaming? Mainstream because of DS. Motion controls? Dear Wii, Playstation Move and Kinect send their thanks. Hell, the SNES even had online play with Xband (though, the Genesis did as well in all fairness).

Wii, by far the weakest system of the last generation, outsold both PS4 and XB360. Say what you will about 'but thats because of casual gamers' - it doesn't matter. Nintendo made more money than their competitors, period, and I believe that's called 'winning'.

Even their franchises are ripped off. Playstation All Stars... Super Smash Bros called, it wants its idea back. And how many ripoffs of Mario Kart have there been?

I appreciate all 3 console makers and we have all 3 consoles in our household. But to say Nintendo doesn't understand games is possibly the greatest display of ignorance I've seen on these forums and that is saying something. We wouldn't have gaming as we know it today if it was not for Nintendo, and that isn't an opinion. Its an inarguable fact.
    SNES also had DOWNLOADABLE GAMES via Satttilview in japan... I'm totally jellious we didn't get the zelda games for that here... And these games had voice acting!

(Well. It was more like a radio broadcast, they sent you whatever game was being offered via satellite, and when your charcter came in range or a specific time hit, you would hear the people speak their lines (or part of the line if you walked in in the middle of it) it was either live or recorded)
    Last edited by Time Sage; 2013-09-09 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Majora's Mask is quite dark to be honest. The best way to describe it is foreboding and that feeling is throughout the entire game.
    What else could you use to describe a game that introduced this guy:

Because Nintendo seems to think they are going to keep the 'casual' market you had success with using the Wii into the move to the Wii-U, and they clearly aren't. Meanwhile a lot of people who played Nintendo games as children want that same feeling again, but are continually disappointed by the recent and current Nintendo Offerings, not necessarily because they are sub-par, but rather because they feel like they have played it all before.

Also, I feel like there is a ton of backlash against the Nintendo Fanboys, who are imo, the worst of the lot, easily. But then all fanboys should be taken out back and beaten with a rubber hose, so w/e.

To be fair, most of what some people call 'hate' is just predictions that Nintendo isn't going to do well with their console market this generation... and then when you say something like that people yell at you for 'hating' on Nintendo, which is just wrong, but hey, its a part of fanboydom.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Nintendo seems to think they are going to keep the 'casual' market you had success with using the Wii into the move to the Wii-U, and they clearly aren't. Meanwhile a lot of people who played Nintendo games as children want that same feeling again, but are continually disappointed by the recent and current Nintendo Offerings, not necessarily because they are sub-par, but rather because they feel like they have played it all before.

Also, I feel like there is a ton of backlash against the Nintendo Fanboys, who are imo, the worst of the lot, easily. But then all fanboys should be taken out back and beaten with a rubber hose, so w/e.

To be fair, most of what some people call 'hate' is just predictions that Nintendo isn't going to do well with their console market this generation... and then when you say something like that people yell at you for 'hating' on Nintendo, which is just wrong, but hey, its a part of fanboydom.
    Let's be fair, how was the 3DS fairing before the games came out? Not well. Please, you can predict all you want but the odds aren't in your favor once more games come out on the Wii U, Pikmin 3 spiked sales pretty well when it came out. Are you not even going to put Zelda and Mario into the mix? That will spike sales tremendously.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    As a 30yr old male that grew up with nintendo, gameboy, super nintendo and nintendo64 I will NEVER hate Nintendo...
    As a 32 year old male who grew up with Nintendo, Gameboy, Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 I can't fucking STAND Nintendo anymore...

I mean seriously, they INTENTIONALLY release systems that are at LEAST a generation behind the current kings. Why do this? I mean seriously. You think the Wii wouldn't have sold as much if it ran at 1080p? Nintendo was still using cartridges LONG after everyone else had switched over to disc. The Wii was the FIRST NINTENDO SYSTEM that used Discs - Xbox was on its second generation, and Playstation was on its THIRD GENERATION of systems that use discs. Really Nintendo, really? Sega released the SegaCD FOUR YEARS before the Nintendo 64 came out. Then the Sega Saturn, then the Sega Dreamcast. Then Playstation. Xbox. Playstation 2. Xbox 360. Playstation 3 and FINALLY we get the Wii...it uses discs...but still has low-def quality -_- good going, Nintendo.

I jumped on the Sony bus when the Playstation came out, and I've never looked back. Hell, I preferred the Genesis over the SNES. (SNES fucking censored violence in the games, Genesis did not.) Nintendo got the ball rolling for sure, but their time in the limelight has come and gone. They should just go the way of Sega and stick to making games.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's be fair, how was the 3DS fairing before the games came out? Not well. Please, you can predict all you want but the odds aren't in your favor once more games come out on the Wii U, Pikmin 3 spiked sales pretty well when it came out. Are you not even going to put Zelda and Mario into the mix? That will spike sales tremendously.
    And the biggest flaw with this? You're saying people will buy a console for a SINGLE game. That's self-defeating: If people won't buy a console until a certain game finally comes out, one that is EXCLUSIVE to that console, the console isn't worth buying. People are buying the console because they love a specific game SO MUCH, they're willing to shell out the money for a shitty system just to play that one game. That says heaps about the game, and nothing but trash about the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The people that hate Nintendo do so for the same reasons they hate Nickelback. They don't know why but everyone else is doing it so hey why not.

It's more of the wow mentality. There's a Zelda game only on nintendo so they think they HAVE to get one. Not realizing there is a choice.

The hardware is another problem for some, I'll be the first to admit the Wii should have included dvd playability. Other than that, it's fine. Everything released doesn't have to be cutting edge and cost $600.
    Proof: one of the most popular games on the planet right now is Minecraft.

Nintendo is just fine, they're making plenty of money with their model and luckily they aren't caving to the whiny minority.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

"Mature" gamers at their finest.

Aren't there like 5 'Mario' games currently out on the Wii-U?

Also, Nintendo just announced a price cut on the U (down to 299.99$) and, iirc, the only Zelda game coming out anytime this year is a Wind Walker redux. Faaabulous.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    What else could you use to describe a game that introduced this guy:
    Pedoriffic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account

Also, Nintendo just announced a price cut on the U (down to 299.99$) and, iirc, the only Zelda game coming out anytime this year is a Wind Walker redux. Faaabulous.
    Call me a sucker but I want that bundle.
    Hey everyone

never hate on nintendo. they brought Zelda man! Zelda!

they also brought Super mario kart, Mario world, Super mario 64, Goldeneye, Star Fox, Diddy Kong Racing, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros, Super smash bros melee, and Pokemon red green blue. So what if the games just dont have excessive blood guts or gore in them. If i wanna see something violent ill just play silent hill or w/e. but im good sticking with the classics.

not to sound like a rabid fanboy, but i just appreciate the games they make, even if they are made on ancient machines.

Deleted
    no he's in one unless you count the expansion / stand alone game New Super Luigi U. totally close with 5 though

Deleted
    From my view Nintendo is great. one of my first consoles was a nintendo 64. but I think it all went wrong with the release of the Wii.

Deleted
    I think the reason with the hate for Nintendo, is as some have said, it is like the hate for WOW. People remember the old nostaligia about a game, and they wont that new feeling but they just can't get it - so ofc there is something wrong with nintendo.
    The reason i have not bought a nintendo mashine is they try to be to " giveme" they wont to be a gameing machine for the non gamers, Look at the Nintendo wii, a horrible gameing controler, and all the games had something to do with the motion controler. Then game the Wii U, a better gameing controler but now with a screen in it, so it is " special" Added to The wii U is a fail, lets be honest here, it is "nexst gen" but as weak as last, i mean EA have said it is not powerfull enough for the frostbite 3 engine.
    Added to Nintendo seems to just fuck up with the lunch lineup, so few games. i mean I used to love nintendo, but the games are the same(more or less) and i hate gameing giveme, i dont want to wave my controler around when i want a deep gameing experiens

I wouldn't necessarily say that there's hate, but it seems to me that more and more of Nintendo's own fans are becoming concerned for the future of the company because really, they're becoming irrelevant. Nintendo was awesome back with the N64 and the Gameboy. Now they've really lost ground in the "hardcore" gaming market because of both pushes from Xbox and Playstation and because of their focus on a more casual audience. On top of the fact that the Wii U has had a pretty shakey start what with the lack of decent games, EA openly saying they had no plans to develop games for it, etc. They're still doing okay in the handheld market, but I'd even say that that's a market dying in of itself, what with the rise of smart phones.

Also it seems to me as if Nintendo just constantly re-uses the same IP's. Mario and Zelda are probably the worst examples. No denying that while both Xbox and Playstation have their own cash cows (The Halo series, Uncharted.) they're also getting a lot of new IP's. Watchdogs, Ryse: Son of Rome, Titanfall.

This is all just my 2 cents anyway.

the sad thing is...

the console SUCKS
    the games a great

Deleted
    I love how people tend to put games in either one of two categories these days.

"It's mature, so it must be cool"

or

"It's childish, so it can't be cool"

OT: I can understand that these days where people tend do focus on graphics much more Nintendo consoles look like the retarded younger brother of Sony and Microsoft consoles. I personally just can't bring myself to hate Nintendo, their games always are of top quality thanks to their quality control, unlike some other "this is the best game ever"-games that have been released over the past few years, which were full of bugs and technical flaws.

Deleted
    I just hate that they milk some stuff too much and don't try to innovate as much. I remember playing stuff like Mario Kart, Metroid, Super mario and stuff like that when I was younger but I've outgrown them all with the exception of Metroid. To me nintendo games are really hard to enjoy anymore because they aren't as complex or deep as the more mature games. The exception is always metroid because the prime series are one of my favourite series ever honestly. I remember when I was 12 years old and I embarked on planet aether for the first time... I was shocked! The atmosphere, the music, the creatures, the lore and the exploration as well as the rewards were epic! There is nothing that interesting in nintendo anymore for me. Although no, I don't hate Nintendo, I just think it's too childish and pretty casual with low difficulty challenges plus a lot of stuff feel underpresented. For example, OP unlimited Journey is garbage for the Wii. On the contrary, naruto UNS series are really epic and fun to play on xbox 360/ps3.

Also the Wii U... to me it feels more like an "addon" for Wii was released than a next gen console. I don't even know when it was released, or if it's released even lol.
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2013-09-09 at 11:25 AM.

I wish they would just make their flagship games for all platforms. PC, Xbox, PS3, and all else I might be missing out on. Screw the hardware department. Just make the games that everyone loves for everyone.