Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if you truly think this would happen you clearly dont know much about japanese buisness men.

these are the people who said f it were making our own system when nintendo decided not to go with their cd system (sony)

they are very proud people, IF and this is a serious if nintendo ever went 3rd party you can guarantee the games would be shitty as hell because all the people who have the biggest influence on their games would quit, many of them have said if it ever happened they would just retire.

if nintendo got out of the console buisness what they would do is just make games for the 3ds.

people complained about the wii well the 3ds is just a little bit better than the wii in terms of power so if they stopped making consoles all games would essentially become wii games.

the wiiu may be in a tough spot now but the 3ds is the fastest and best selling console on the market, they are making tons of cash and have tons in reserves.
    It's not just about the money to them, each game is their pride. Someone gets it.
    Hey everyone

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    There are a few reasons:

1. They develop games and systems specifically to exploit the nature of children being able to get mommy and daddy to open their wallets, instead of developing games for a wider audience. It doesn't matter that having a second screen is redundant or motion controllers are gimmicky, kids eat that shit up.

2. They've rehashed the same titles for the last ~30 years. It's getting really tiresome to see Mario # 15 doing the same tired shit he did back in 1984. It's shows a lack of originality, creativity, and innovation.

3. They've never really grasped the depth of the hardware they build. It's always been about playing video games and video games only. Other media just doesn't get to share the same space as their consoles. Even their games tend to be unable to fully utilize the hardware they build.

In the end, Nintendo has always been about gaming for people who don't really care about quality or depth, and that's a problem for people who do care about those things.
    Well honestly...

1. Nintendo has ALWAYS been a more family friendly console. The games and systems they create are designed for a family living room, not a dorm room. Like ANY good company, they focus most of their efforts on their core demographic. They have been pushing innovation since the beginning, and some of the things don't come out as well as planned.

2. People buy Nintendo FOR those franchises. Claiming that Mario does "the same tired shit he did back in 1984." is pretty pathetic. The game now shares 2 things in common with that original game, 1) the name Mario, and 2) The platformer genre. Nintendo is the company on the forefront of innovation, and creativity. Without their successes AND failures, the landscape of gaming would be far behind what we experience today. I will however give you that they lack the originality in their games these days, compared to those that built the company.

3. They are a video game console company, they shouldn't really spend any time worrying about anything other than making the gaming experience on their system better. Their target audience doesn't care about an all-in-one system, they buy a Nintendo to play games. Do you expect your Blu-Ray player to make phone calls for you? Wouldn't that just be wasted time/money invested by the company to put that function in?

In the end, Nintendo has always been about gaming for people who get entertainment from having fun, not from creating games for people that can't feel excitement without sex, violence, and fake competition; The anger towards Nintendo comes from the latter.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2013-08-25 at 04:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few reasons:

1. They develop games and systems specifically to exploit the nature of children being able to get mommy and daddy to open their wallets, instead of developing games for a wider audience. It doesn't matter that having a second screen is redundant or motion controllers are gimmicky, kids eat that shit up.

2. They've rehashed the same titles for the last ~30 years. It's getting really tiresome to see Mario # 15 doing the same tired shit he did back in 1984. It's shows a lack of originality, creativity, and innovation.

3. They've never really grasped the depth of the hardware they build. It's always been about playing video games and video games only. Other media just doesn't get to share the same space as their consoles. Even their games tend to be unable to fully utilize the hardware they build.

In the end, Nintendo has always been about gaming for people who don't really care about quality or depth, and that's a problem for people who do care about those things.
    Just going to point this out, your reason 1 is a bit funny. Every company exploits certain demographics, that's what marketing and whatever their product is for. They develop games for the widest audience as far as I'm aware, people bought the Wii tenfold. I'm going to make a wild assumption and say you bought a Wii at some time or another, just about everyone has.
    Hey everyone

Its not that I hate nintendo, it's just that they're really bad at figuring out what to sell and how.

How many people thought the Wii U was just an accessory?

because "lol nintendo doesn't even have good graphics!" or "omg nintendo games are for kids." Really there are no good reasons.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Shrug. Everyone has an opinion. But why would you give value to some random person's opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know there was hate for Nintendo, just... no interest in them anymore really.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if you truly think this would happen you clearly dont know much about japanese buisness men.
    Clearly you don't know about Wii-U sales.

Dude... the PS3, even after 8 years, is outselling the Wii-U on a weekly rate in Japan.

Media Create's console hardware sales in Japan for the week of Aug 12-18.

Wii – 1,772 [54,893]
    Xbox 360 – 322 [17,607]

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Dude... the PS3, even after 8 years, is outselling the Wii-U on a weekly rate in Japan.

Wii – 1,772 [54,893]
    Xbox 360 – 322 [17,607]
    whether or not the wiiu is in a bad shape or not has nothing to do with whether or not they would go 3rd party. when the wiiu starts to get a bunch of first party titles after this year/early next year if it still doesnt sell then theres a chance nintendo might make ANOTHER console.

the likelyhood of nintendo ever going 3rd party is about as likely as shigeru miyamoto stabbing reggie onstage at next years e3.

and way to completely ignore the fact that nintendo has for a few years now the fastest and best selling console in the 3ds which also has pretty solid software sales as well. again, if they dropped out of the home console buisness they wouldnt go 3rd party they would devote all their resources to the 3ds

- - - Updated - - -

incase you didnt understand what i meant. if the wiiu fails its far more likely we will see nintendo try to bring out a high end console than go 3rd party. either that or it will be 3ds all day every day.

3rd party is a pipe dream that will never happen
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Sports

Just going to put this out there. This may not be a great game by anyone's standards... It was actually pretty fun when it first came out but it has the title of "best selling video game ever" and you know what's behind it? Super Mario Bros. 1. I just want anyone to believe that Nintendo should go third party that even thinking that is just wrong, the gaming industry would change a lot and not for the better, we need Nintendo. They deserve more respect than people give them, they pretty much made the video game industry happen. Super Mario Bros. saved the industry, there really wasn't much too it before it.

Yeah they probably kicked themselves a bit with the launch of the Wii U being a bit too early but do some of you guys think it will never really sell? This may sound stupid but the new Super Smash Brothers game will increase the sales pretty well, just one game will. I think it's safe to say the same thing happened to the 3DS and I'm going to bet the same for the Wii U.

- - - Updated - - -

http://playeressence.com/japanese-wi...min-3s-launch/

And that's just Pikmin 3, not even considered one of their bigger franchises.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-08-25 at 05:08 AM.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a correlation between Nintendo haters and high school kids calling each other "n*ggers" on Xbox Live.

We got a Wii U last year for Christmas and I was flabbergasted. To this day, I tell my parents it was a terrible present because there are hardly any quality games on it and the sales reflect this.

But woe unto Nintendo haters when Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda, etc. arrive for Wii U...
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-08-25 at 05:18 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    Probably a correlation between Nintendo haters and high school kids calling each other "n*ggers" on Xbox Live.

We got a Wii U last year for Christmas and I was flabbergasted. To this day, I tell my parents it was a terrible present because there are hardly any quality games on it and the sales reflect this.

But woe unto Nintendo haters when Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda, etc. arrive for Wii U...
    woe even more when they find out they cant poop and play their games at the same time!

THE WIIU SHALL WIN WITH THE POWER OF POOPS~!
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    There is a lot of hate for Nintendo? Never heard about that.

*leaves thread and continues living on ignorant about irrelevant opinions*
    i think this may be the first time weve ever agreed on something

Deleted
    Why I hate nintendo? Easy: They abducted Fatal Frame 4 and hold it hostage on their wii.
    I mean, the previous three games were on PS2 (and XboX IIRC), why would I think the 4th game would be any different?

I will never forgive them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Why I hate nintendo? Easy: They abducted Fatal Frame 4 and hold it hostage on their wii.
    I mean, the previous three games were on PS2 (and XboX IIRC), why would I think the 4th game would be any different?

I will never forgive them.
    thats like saying nintendo stole bayonetta 2.

some people need to accept that if nintendo didnt "steal" those series they still wouldnt have been made

I've seen a lot of irrational hate towards Nintendo and I don't get it. They have plenty of critically acclaimed innovative games under their belt, they don't try to screw over their customers every chance they get, and they are one of few developers who try to create something unique instead of delivering generic brown first person shooters every year. I guess you could say they are out of touch with the modern world with their outdated online philosophies, but that doesn't warrant the hate they get.

Nintendo took a dive in my book when they decided to go with those god damned motion controls from wii. I frigging loved playing on nes, snes and n64, I have no idea how many times I played through super mario 3, mario world and mario 64

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Nintendo took a dive in my book when they decided to go with those god damned motion controls from wii. I frigging loved playing on nes, snes and n64, I have no idea how many times I played through super mario 3, mario world and mario 64
    how many motion controls were in super mario galaxy?

motion controls could be completely ignored if they didnt fit the game.

games like skyward sword benefited IMMENSELY from motion controls, no other zelda game has the levels of immersion that skyward sword has

There are a few reasons:

Some companies make software, other make hardware. Nintendo makes toys.

Soccer balls have barely changed in the last ~30 years. Who is stupid enough to buy that shiat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Wii – 1,772 [54,893]
    Xbox 360 – 322 [17,607]
    Still a pretty high number. And lets not forget, that Wii beat the hell out of PS3 and Xbox in total sales.

Well they did do the whole stupid Youtube stuff where basicly everyone who had any content from nintendo games got strikes... Oh yeah, and then they removed the cutscenes from the new supersmash bros because apparently they are useless if people can watch them on youtube... I guess stuff like that could piss people off.