Poll: Who stood out in this issue

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Huge One Piece Plothole

Considering One Piece is over ten years old, I don't see anyone bringing this up but I think I'll be the first?

Ok in One Piece a Devil Fruit is universally known as a horribly tasting fruit that gives whoever consumes it a certain power. Now because of it's taste most people that eat Devil Fruits, take only one bite and discard the fruit to gain it's power. What if someone else takes the discarded remains of the fruit and consumes it? Would they gain the same power? It has been stated that until the consumer of the initial fruit dies, the said fruit will never grow. But still, what if someone consumed the remains of the same fruit?

Has anyone asked Oda this before? It seems pretty big and makes much of the big plot events in One Piece inane such as..

-When Luffy accidently ate the Gomu Gomu no mi, couldn't Shanks have kept what was left of it?
    -Why did Teach kill Thatch, if he could've just eaten what was left of the Yami Yami no mi after Thatch would presumably eat it?

Deleted
    Magic happens.

Most likely it is the one who takes the first bite. The demon enters your body as of the first bite, would not call this a "huge" plothole...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I believe it was answered in one of the SBS.

IIRC, the first bite gives the power, after that it will be just a normal fruit.
    Yup yup. Whoever takes the first bite, takes the "devil" into themselves. After that, it is just a foul tasting fruit. As for what the devil is, that part has not been revealed. It has been said that Dr. Vegapunk has been researching the devil fruits and known more about them than anyone else, but who he is and what he known is still one of the One Piece mysteries.

Really though, like most of the other mysteries of the series, they are more tools to drive the plot forward they the main focus. The main focus of the series continues to be the adventures of Luffy and crew and their interactions. Sure, I would like to know the secret of what One Piece is, the void century, the Will of D, the secrets of the devil fruits and so on, but what keeps me tuning in each week is the characters, the fun action, and the humor.

[Anime] One Piece

i haven't watched any episode since the end of the Fish-Man Island arc.
    is it worth watching the rest its around 40 episodes and the Fish-Man Island arc was really lame compared to OP other arcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch the next 4 filler episodes leading to Film Z. The fillers themselves are kinda boring but the movie was amazing ( despite being non-canon ). As for the next arc I always prefer to let each arc end before starting it, so I have stopped at around 586 waiting for Punk Hazard to end first.

aha, i heard the movie is really fascinating but is related to the manga ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately no. Nothing you will see on the movie counts as canon. But still I enjoyed every second of it. The story was very good and the animation was beyond amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Punk Hazard starts slow but starts becoming very relevant to the main storyline (unlike Fish-man Island) in the second half, and the anime is in the second half right now, so if you can muscle through the semi-boring first half of Punk, then you'll be rewarded with great episodes at where it is currently at.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why this thread died? I've been rewatching One Piece and I just finished the episode with Chopper's backstory, it was one of the few times that I've ever been brought to tears. Such a beautifully executed story.

As for the current arc, I've been hearing from a lot of manga readers that Dressrosa turns out to be one of the best arcs of One Piece yet. So far I've definitely been impressed and we haven't even gotten to the main part yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I wonder why this thread died? I've been rewatching One Piece and I just finished the episode with Chopper's backstory, it was one of the few times that I've ever been brought to tears. Such a beautifully executed story.

As for the current arc, I've been hearing from a lot of manga readers that Dressrosa turns out to be one of the best arcs of One Piece yet. So far I've definitely been impressed and we haven't even gotten to the main part yet.
    The manga discussion thread still gets a bit of traffic every week.

Deleted
    One piece anime is just shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loni View Post
    .....hahaha

Ok, dead thread? But I need to say this!

What the fuck just happend in the current episode (663)?? SPOILER Was that really Ace? Or do Luffy have some other brother? Because this one that just showed up was Blond, and the Fire Fist Ace, clearly had black hair, and got a hole blown in his chest when he died, or did he die? Did someone ressurect him or some crazy shit? As his powers got back into a fruit, he shouldn't be alive should he?

Gaaah, why is it so many days before the next episode comes out!

Oh and I don't read the manga, if I started that I would most likely be sitting a week stright and read it all in one sitting, so I better keep a distance...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loni View Post
    And where did you draw this conclusion from? The story is great, the progression of the characters is great, and you fell in love with pretty much everyone involved. Also, the show got enough humor to make you laugh, enough action to my make you get tense, enough emotions to make you sad. What more can you really ask from a show?

But do feel free to tell us what animes are better Always open for new suggestions for animes to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Think back to the episodes about Luffy and Ace's childhood. Who else was an important character there.

Think on that and you will have your answer.

Wow, need to do some googling then, thats like many many moons and winters ago.. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, I think I remember, there was this other kid with the exact clothes that this dude was wearing, right?
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Wow, need to do some googling then, thats like many many moons and winters ago.. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, I think I remember, there was this other kid with the exact clothes that this dude was wearing, right?
    Correct, also note the three sake bowls in front of Ace's grave when it is shown late in the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Ok, dead thread? But I need to say this!

What the fuck just happend in the current episode (663)?? SPOILER Was that really Ace? Or do Luffy have some other brother? Because this one that just showed up was Blond, and the Fire Fist Ace, clearly had black hair, and got a hole blown in his chest when he died, or did he die? Did someone ressurect him or some crazy shit? As his powers got back into a fruit, he shouldn't be alive should he?

It's not Ace. It's Sabo, Ace and Luffy's sworn brother whom they thought died when they were young.

Yeah I figured it out after some googling. Been so long since those episodes where we got to know their youth, so I just didn't remember Sabo.

Can't wait for the rest of this arc, Dressrosa is just amazing.

I'm a bit new to the series. I started watching it just a few days ago and so far I'm at episode 312. Speaking of episode 312.. it made me cry like a little girl. Right in the freaking feels.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"