Deleted

experience scroll - lvl 20

Hello! Just logged in to try solo queues and I received some gift called experience scroll that says it will bring me to lvl 20. Is it a permanent scroll or something that buff you to the level for some time? Not quite clear in the description

Deleted
    It is permanent.. since it is single use, it is best to use it on a level 1 character to gain the biggest leap from it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    It is permanent.. since it is single use, it is best to use it on a level 1 character to gain the biggest leap from it
    Nice. And I guess you are right. However, my mesmer and the only char I played in pve environment in this game is lvl 14... and I have owned the game since launch for preorder people :P Those 6 levels might mean something then hehe.

If you have the deluxe version of the game, make a new character and use your golem banker. Use this scroll in the tutorial area for epic 1-shotting lulz.

(There's no scaling in the tutorial area, as in, level 20 vs level 1s)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    If you have the deluxe version of the game, make a new character and use your golem banker. Use this scroll in the tutorial area for epic 1-shotting lulz.

(There's no scaling in the tutorial area, as in, level 20 vs level 1s)
    Yes, I did just this yesterday with 4 level 1 characters and was crazy xD. The "boss" you kill at the beggining died like a rabbit xD.

Quote Originally Posted by ateneadev View Post
    Yes, I did just this yesterday with 4 level 1 characters and was crazy xD. The "boss" you kill at the beggining died like a rabbit xD.
    The only thing I missed out on was having others around to witness my overpoweredness, should've made a new char during the free weekend and done it again. >:]

how do you get this scroll? i honestly don't think i would use it, because i have the most fun leveling below 15. but it would be nice to have, if i ever needed to remake a character or something for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    how do you get this scroll? i honestly don't think i would use it, because i have the most fun leveling below 15. but it would be nice to have, if i ever needed to remake a character or something for some reason.
    It's part of the gift a character receives when turning one year old. Mind the difference: this is per character, not per account. Type /age in your chat to find out how old your character currently is.

ah, then i'm waaaay off from that. i just bought the game a few days ago.

You get one as a reward from the 5k achievement chest as well

I used on on my elementalist when I had deleted him around 30 to try a different race and then went back, so popped to level 20. You can still do the level 1-15 stuff anyway, it still gives you xp, so no real point NOT to use it.

I got 2 of those on my account (head-start bonus + standard launch?). Used em both and actually now Im more eager to lvl those alts - in process of lvling my engineer (got Warr and Thief on 80, Mesmer is 20 now as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    I got 2 of those on my account (head-start bonus + standard launch?). Used em both and actually now Im more eager to lvl those alts - in process of lvling my engineer (got Warr and Thief on 80, Mesmer is 20 now as well).
    You get them by the character, not the account.

So, I assume you had one character right at start, and made the other a couple days later, like me?

I wish I could sell them. I have no use for mine.

I managed to luck out and somehow get two. Sup level 20 ranger and elementalist! Convenient, because I just started playing my elementalist recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You get them by the character, not the account.

So, I assume you had one character right at start, and made the other a couple days later, like me?
    There was a bug that affected some characters, preventing them from getting their birthday gifts. When they fixed that bug, everyone who had already gotten a birthday gift got a second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    There was a bug that affected some characters, preventing them from getting their birthday gifts. When they fixed that bug, everyone who had already gotten a birthday gift got a second one.
    Really? Odd.

I didn't get the email to my account, I got it to my oldest character, then a couple days later I got another on my second character made (that is still around), so just figured that's how it worked...

Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Really? Odd.

I didn't get the email to my account, I got it to my oldest character, then a couple days later I got another on my second character made (that is still around), so just figured that's how it worked...

Ah well.
    Right, it is character based. My elementalist (first, oldest character) didn't receive his, but my ranger did. A few days later, my elementalist received his, and my ranger received a second present.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Leveling to 20 instantly doesn't block you out of doing all the level 1-15 things. Just makes you stronger when you are doing them, and helps you unlock weapon skills much quicker.