View Poll Results: Have you ever regretted what allegiance you sided with?

Voters
197. This poll is closed
  • Yes

55 27.92%
  • No

142 72.08%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Unhappy Have you ever thought that you pledged your allegiance to the wrong faction?

The only reason i played on the Horde side was because of my friends to be honest. I've always enjoyed the Alliance more (i started alliance back in vanilla, switched TBC for friend purposes) and now, i kinda regret my actions. My friends have moved on and play other games, and i'm still playing WoW like i did back in the day. I wish i would have went with my gut, not with my friends, having 6 maxed characters is to much money to transfer/faction change them all or re roll and start all over on another server (currently on Illidan US)

Anyone else in a similar situation?

I like being on Alliance better than the Horde due to the storyline and how it tends to weave itself, but I've always liked the actual races of the Horde much, much better. Blood Elves and Undead are races I've always loved for some reason, and whenever I make a Horde alt I always make them those races if I can.

But at this point, with 10 85+s and 3 90s, all on Alliance, it is just too expensive to switch over. Maybe someday I guess.

I faction change all the time, so pretty much. I pray for the day when Blizzard gets rid of the stupid Red vs. Blue concept so I can play with my friends on both sides

I played horde from vanilla->cata, then i made my first alliance char.. Now im neutral, and playing both, although its Horde (PvE) and alliance (PvP) chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I pray for the day when Blizzard gets rid of the stupid Red vs. Blue concept so I can play with my friends on both sides
    Nooo.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    My first character was a tauren, because they're the only decent horde race to me. Then i visited Orgrimmar, and rerolled the dwarf that's been my main for years.

Deleted
    YES, I did.

Back in mid-TBC when first I came over to WoW from GW:Nightfall, my initial impulse regarding the choice for my first character ever prodded me towards making a female Forsaken warrior. Although I LOVED it, the burden of newbie-ism [learning tailoring profession AND herbalism just because they were along the way to Brill with no idea how to undo these choices] coupled with a sudden urge to go exploring as much as possible ASAP [my 12-13 lvl character ultimately found herself in the middle of Wetlands] burned me out to such an extent that I accidentally sided with Alliance.

What a mistake that was. As I churned out a good deal of Horde characters on the side track, it took WAY too long for me to see the utter boredom that is Alliance on the grand scale.

Thankfully, early peeks at what 1-60 Cataclysm shift had in stock for each faction finally helped me realise that I actually MADE a mistake and yet I could still FIX IT.
    So I stood up and bellowed: "WHAAAAT!? Abandon ship! ! ! Make for the escape pods! ! ! Screw this shortbus of a faction, I'm rolling high now!"

My only regret is that the Alliance not only makes a dull playable faction, but a dull and uninspired foe, too! Having Horde wage war against Kobolds would have a more 'epic' touch to it.

Near the end of 2004 i sided with the Horde, since the Alliance had a lot of nasty characters in War3/TFT - and horde had thrall, cairne and vol'jin, which are all legendary characters.

I stayed with the Horde until the start of WotLK - basically when garrosh and his mindless raging horde began replacing the honorable spiritual and shamanistic Thrall's horde that drew so much inspiration from their once wise existence on Draenor (before BLegion found orcs).

I switched to alliance, never liked varian or moira but the rest seem fine.
    Overall i am very happy i switched to alliance in WotLK - but i might reconsider trying out the Horde when the new expansion arrives, after garrosh and his mindless imbeciles have been executed.

I started with horde cause all friends were horde.
    later tried alliance but never went past lvl 20, dunno why I'm not into alliance. even tried to lvl with a friend on alliance side but again never past 20.
    on horde easily max lvl

The horde don't have gnomes. I'm pretty happy with my choice.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Always been neutral, being a paladin, a hunter or a monk. The factions are just logistical "homes" for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont faction change my characters for that very reason, I have many alliance alts but mostly I play horde. OP if you dont want to pay a whole lot just faction change your main or 2 of your favorite toons, no need to faction change them all.

Deleted
    Nah, it's more like something I was born into blindly.

Now that you mention it, I always felt I should have rolled scourge.

But after Lich King was shown as complete idiot in wotlk, I changed my mind.

When I first started playing I was sure I was going to play Alliance and sure I was going to play a Dwarf. But I was joining to play with my best mate and he was Horde. So I made a Tauren Warrior, always felt that I made the right choice in the end. I have made alliance characters but I never really felt it was for me.

I now play on a highly populated WOTLK private server, I play Alliance and don't have any Horde characters... The Alliance feels like home to me now and I'm no longer getting lost in the cities, I know where to level etc. But I still feel an itch to go back to the Horde, I think the Horde just suits me better, I'm not an Alliance player at heart.

For the Horde!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I faction change all the time, so pretty much. I pray for the day when Blizzard gets rid of the stupid Red vs. Blue concept so I can play with my friends on both sides
    They're not, so how about you play with your friends on a different game. The "stupid" Red vs. Blue concept is here to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde for Life!

The faction pride is strong in me....orcs were also the best in Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    The only reason i played on the Horde side was because of my friends to be honest. I've always enjoyed the Alliance more (i started alliance back in vanilla, switched TBC for friend purposes) and now, i kinda regret my actions. My friends have moved on and play other games, and i'm still playing WoW like i did back in the day. I wish i would have went with my gut, not with my friends, having 6 maxed characters is to much money to transfer/faction change them all or re roll and start all over on another server (currently on Illidan US)

Anyone else in a similar situation?
    Yes. As soon as I did my first few regular BGs I realized I joined the wrong side. But mine is the opposite, I'm alliance and should've went horde... but at least we smell better.

I am much more bitter about the class I chose to main... worst mistake.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-08-25 at 04:11 PM.

Not exactly the same. I play alliance, but hate everything that isn't dwarf. So I guess I have my own alliance.

First character was Horde but now I am sort of both ways, so can't really answer the poll given. 0:

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. I've served the Argent Dawn loyally since 2007 and the August Celestials since late last year.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!