View Poll Results: Have you ever regretted what allegiance you sided with?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 27.92%
  • No

142 72.08%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was Horde for a lloonngg time. I always preferred the Alliance's races, lore and settlements though, so I moved over a few months ago. Never looked back. I mean, compare Ironforge to old Orgrimmar for coziness.

Alliance capitals actually fit what I, personally, think of a capital - a safe, relaxing place. Spiky orgrimmar doesn't feel like that at all. Though, I'm biased, and I'm sure a Hordie could argue with my point with Silvermoon City. The Horde cities have their charm, like Thunder Bluff with it's amazing views and the feeling of being high up, but I just prefer the gold and blue.

We also have gnomes and two practically immortal races. You jelly? \o/
    "Not one moment for granted". - Steve Cortez

Currently playing World of Warcraft and the Mass Effect trilogy. Not at the same time, of course. I'm not an octopus.

Not really. I wanted to play with my friends, so I chose the faction they were playing (Alliance). I would've been a Horde player if they'd been. My "faction loyalty" is based entirely on that.

Although, Dwarf is by far my favorite race in just about any fantasy setting. So even if I'd been playing solo and had no outside influence from friends, I probably still would've rolled a Dwarf and been Alliance anyway.

I am neither Horde or Alliance, I play both to get the entire lore, though almost all of my friends play horde, which is why I am far more active there.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

If you had went with your gut you would be making the thread: "Have you ever thought you should have chosen a different server/faction to play with friends?"

The grass is always greener on the other side.
    Blue text indicates sarcasm

Yes, I admit that I think I have..

... but only because I wasn't allowed to join the Argent.

So, went Horde for my main (don't regret it at all). I also play Alliance.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

I rerolled ally only once for a while, but I never ever liked them. I am back to Horde where I belong.
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

I started as horde, then i switched to alliance and then i realized 'wtf kind of idiot am i playing alliance?' and switched back to horde. and i am so glad i did.

From a lore standpoint? Absolutely not. I chose the Horde because I like the idea of a darker, battle society over a cliche good guy faction any day. The races are cooler overall, too, at least to me. I regret my choice all the time when it comes to random battleground win rates, but not enough to switch permanently. I have faction changed a couple times, and even though I like the higher win rates and faster queues, I just hate the faction. Though I will admit, if a certain troll becomes the new warchief, I might consider switching.

Not in the least. I'm a proud Alliance member my entire WoW career. I have levelled Horde alts just to see what their side of the story is like, but all my serious toons are Alliance and always will be.

One thing I'll say for Horde though is that it seems their random groups are a lot more laid back and fun. I'd way rather do LFD/LFR as Horde than Alliance. Don't know why, but it was just a way different vibe. Granted there were still jerks (mostly Blood Elves and Tauren for some reason), but for the most part, there wasn't so much DPS police and angry curse-word dispensers in Horde groups.

Every time I'm on Alliance, I regret it. Minus the rp with friends. I dislike Alliance calming they are good and Horde is bad. Yes, the orcs are bad because of Garrosh, but Alliance needs to get on their high horse and be reminded they are Evil too.

You people imprisoned Orcs, used them as slaves, and what. You thought they would never rise and attack you. Alliance is by far the worse of the two Factions. For the Glory of the True Horde! Death to the would-be Warchief! Death to All!

Horde has better lore and story-lines. Also, they have better models and mounts. All the Alliance has going for them is the guild mount and the Nightsabers.

never. 'murica > all

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyber-Dalek Master View Post
    Every time I'm on Alliance, I regret it. Minus the rp with friends. I dislike Alliance calming they are good and Horde is bad. Yes, the orcs are bad because of Garrosh, but Alliance needs to get on their high horse and be reminded they are Evil too.

You people imprisoned Orcs, used them as slaves, and what. You thought they would never rise and attack you. Alliance is by far the worse of the two Factions. For the Glory of the True Horde! Death to the would-be Warchief! Death to All!
    They could have exterminated them back then, but chose not to, the orcs were rightfully imprisoned, after all they ravaged almost all of the eastern kingdoms. The only mistake the humans made was treating the orc children poorly, who are now firmly supporting Hellscream.

The Alliance is not evil, their very core is the moral highground and most of the time they keep it, once in a while they fall, but overall they uphold their principals.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

I like the feel of alliance as a faction more, but the Races are all just different height Humans. So I went with Horde, and love the races soo much more, although I recently have been leveling a space goat monk and rather like the look and feel of them.

I prefer horde, but my main right now is alliance, and that's only because i love female draneai death animation (lol) and because i'm sick of red areas and cities...

Started as alliance due to friends. Then went horde 1 year later during tbc to form a new guild with friends. Stayed horde for a couple years, quit playing for a while, then went alliance in cata due to friends again, and have been alliance since.

So it's pretty much always been friend-driven, and I don't really care which faction I play.

I do prefer the layout of ogrimmar over stormwind, and I'm still a bit sad that ironforge is somewhat dead, when it used to be the main alliance hub before cata.

Field Marshal Rathnor The Flesher's Avatar
    I've played both and, unfortunately, they aren't different enough to really care.

lore is pretty big in the game, or at least it was in the beginning. but today almost a decade later things like casting animations, looks, racials, guild availability, etc, are 1023852523 times more important and no one really pledges their allegiance.

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cyber-Dalek Master View Post

Thanks for the hilarious laugh. This is on par with tripe about how dinosaurs coexisted alongside man. The bold part is also hilarious double speak.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.

Sorta i started out as aliance because friends already played that but now i'm a happy horde

I dallied on Alliance side a bit during summer of '05, but afterwards to this day I've been a proud Horde. To the point I like the quests where I am pitted against Alliance the most and quests where I'm pitted against Horde the least(on Alliance alt).
    Now you see it. Now you don't.