View Poll Results: Have you ever regretted what allegiance you sided with?

Voters
197. This poll is closed
  • Yes

55 27.92%
  • No

142 72.08%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No not at all because i've almost always played both factions. I do favor the horde a bit unless i'm on one of my alliance characters.

My only regret is that my leader is a dictator who has just imposed martial law on my capital city, and is rounding up people like me and having them executed, without trial, in the streets. Other than that, I'd think I picked the right side thank you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. I've been alliance since vanilla even though all of my friends are horde. I made an orc to play with them and it just felt wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't regret it, I've sided with both. Now if I could forsake both of them and side with the Ravenholt... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I love both factions to be honest; they both tell a side of the story.

But I just can't play alliance, all them races are just so aesthetically unpleasing to me. I kinda like draenei, but the dimorphism is just weird and the clipping is distracting, specially on the males.

-Night elves; animations are cheesy, models are too blocky.
    -Dwarves; crappy animation
    -Gnomes; they are a mess all around.
    -Worgen; the females are a disgrace, the males are okay.
    -Human; males are pumped out atrocities, females are okay but for some animations I just don't like.

Just being honest here: The only thing I would miss about the Alliance is the Draenei. I loved Night Elves until they shafted them in the lore. Cenarius' return should have been so must more amazing.

I wish over and over again that I started a Horde toon when I bought the game almost 10 years ago. It's too expensive to faction change all of the characters I enjoy, so I just keep rolling Alliance

I have 3 level 90s on Alliance. I have 2 level 90s on Horde. Faction means absolutely nothing.

Nope. Because I didn't pledge allegiance to a faction and instead treated it as a video game. :P
    Half my classes are Horde and on Stormreaver, and half are Alliance on Trollbane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was alliance in Vanilla. TBC, and the first half of WotLK and then I went horde right when faction change came out mostly for pvp reasons. During the last month or so before MoP came out I went back to alliance because I just love the races and scenery more than horde. When I first went horde on that server, the population balance wasn't too bad, but when I went back to alliance it had declined massively. About 3 months ago the alliance population was completely abysmal so I went to Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I pray for the day when Blizzard gets rid of the stupid Red vs. Blue concept so I can play with my friends on both sides
    This. WoW taught me to avoid games that split the player base like the plague. It adds nothing fun and just reduces the people you can play with.

I am horde. I am the son of the wind and rain. Thunder beckons - And I heed the call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    This. WoW taught me to avoid games that split the player base like the plague. It adds nothing fun and just reduces the people you can play with.
    Also this. It's the reason I won't be playing ESO. I hate factions.

I regret nothing because I am on nobody's side but my own.

"I pledge allegiance to my Swag, and the United States of Emotional Instability,
    and to the "Republica" which is a Band,
    one Nation under Capitalists with Liberty and Justice for Rich People."

Amen
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-08-26 at 03:16 AM.

in 2004 i joined alliance to play with friends. In 2005 i joined who i was meant to join, The Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    I'll echo this as well. You end up with popular faction seeking behaviors so one faction can feel like a ghost town in a server that is full. It's great some people really get excited about the war between the horde and alliance, but it always feels forced in the lore and forces character behavior that is nonsensical.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I did it with my Alli pandaren monk, I regretted it because I HATED Aysa or whatever her name is with a passion. Mainly because Alli is my main faction, and the fact that she was our "faction leader" annoyed me. But thankfully we got Jojo.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played Horde for a long time and didn't even look at Alliance. Then I rolled one after Cata launched and now basically the ratio of my eleven characters has Alliance as the more prominently played faction.

I love both factions and play characters from both, but I felt that my place was with the Alliance mainly after rolling with them.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I'll echo this as well. You end up with popular faction seeking behaviors so one faction can feel like a ghost town in a server that is full. It's great some people really get excited about the war between the horde and alliance, but it always feels forced in the lore and forces character behavior that is nonsensical.
    This is all too true. The only thing I hate more is conforming to one perfect style according to a soon to be changed DPS chart. Imagine playing basketball with the referee constantly changing the hoop height every time a player with a 2% difference in height jumps in. Also for every Horde 35 year old fanboy that calls a 12 year old fag for playing Alliance the Subscription count plummets by 25,000 and I loathe this game further.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pissed the game forced me to go Alliance. I wanted to stay Ebon Blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only good way to properly see both sides of the story is to have two mains, one for each faction. I lean slightly Alliance though but would really wish for a truly neutral faction.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."