View Poll Results: Have you ever regretted what allegiance you sided with?

Voters
197. This poll is closed
  • Yes

55 27.92%
  • No

142 72.08%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I admit that I think I have..

... but only because I wasn't allowed to join the Argent.

So, went Horde for my main (don't regret it at all). I also play Alliance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I rerolled ally only once for a while, but I never ever liked them. I am back to Horde where I belong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started as horde, then i switched to alliance and then i realized 'wtf kind of idiot am i playing alliance?' and switched back to horde. and i am so glad i did.

From a lore standpoint? Absolutely not. I chose the Horde because I like the idea of a darker, battle society over a cliche good guy faction any day. The races are cooler overall, too, at least to me. I regret my choice all the time when it comes to random battleground win rates, but not enough to switch permanently. I have faction changed a couple times, and even though I like the higher win rates and faster queues, I just hate the faction. Though I will admit, if a certain troll becomes the new warchief, I might consider switching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in the least. I'm a proud Alliance member my entire WoW career. I have levelled Horde alts just to see what their side of the story is like, but all my serious toons are Alliance and always will be.

One thing I'll say for Horde though is that it seems their random groups are a lot more laid back and fun. I'd way rather do LFD/LFR as Horde than Alliance. Don't know why, but it was just a way different vibe. Granted there were still jerks (mostly Blood Elves and Tauren for some reason), but for the most part, there wasn't so much DPS police and angry curse-word dispensers in Horde groups.

Every time I'm on Alliance, I regret it. Minus the rp with friends. I dislike Alliance calming they are good and Horde is bad. Yes, the orcs are bad because of Garrosh, but Alliance needs to get on their high horse and be reminded they are Evil too.

You people imprisoned Orcs, used them as slaves, and what. You thought they would never rise and attack you. Alliance is by far the worse of the two Factions. For the Glory of the True Horde! Death to the would-be Warchief! Death to All!

Horde has better lore and story-lines. Also, they have better models and mounts. All the Alliance has going for them is the guild mount and the Nightsabers.

never. 'murica > all

Quote Originally Posted by The Cyber-Dalek Master View Post
    Every time I'm on Alliance, I regret it. Minus the rp with friends. I dislike Alliance calming they are good and Horde is bad. Yes, the orcs are bad because of Garrosh, but Alliance needs to get on their high horse and be reminded they are Evil too.

You people imprisoned Orcs, used them as slaves, and what. You thought they would never rise and attack you. Alliance is by far the worse of the two Factions. For the Glory of the True Horde! Death to the would-be Warchief! Death to All!
    They could have exterminated them back then, but chose not to, the orcs were rightfully imprisoned, after all they ravaged almost all of the eastern kingdoms. The only mistake the humans made was treating the orc children poorly, who are now firmly supporting Hellscream.

The Alliance is not evil, their very core is the moral highground and most of the time they keep it, once in a while they fall, but overall they uphold their principals.

I like the feel of alliance as a faction more, but the Races are all just different height Humans. So I went with Horde, and love the races soo much more, although I recently have been leveling a space goat monk and rather like the look and feel of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer horde, but my main right now is alliance, and that's only because i love female draneai death animation (lol) and because i'm sick of red areas and cities...

Deleted
    Started as alliance due to friends. Then went horde 1 year later during tbc to form a new guild with friends. Stayed horde for a couple years, quit playing for a while, then went alliance in cata due to friends again, and have been alliance since.

So it's pretty much always been friend-driven, and I don't really care which faction I play.

I do prefer the layout of ogrimmar over stormwind, and I'm still a bit sad that ironforge is somewhat dead, when it used to be the main alliance hub before cata.

Field Marshal Rathnor The Flesher's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played both and, unfortunately, they aren't different enough to really care.

lore is pretty big in the game, or at least it was in the beginning. but today almost a decade later things like casting animations, looks, racials, guild availability, etc, are 1023852523 times more important and no one really pledges their allegiance.

Sorta i started out as aliance because friends already played that but now i'm a happy horde

I dallied on Alliance side a bit during summer of '05, but afterwards to this day I've been a proud Horde. To the point I like the quests where I am pitted against Alliance the most and quests where I'm pitted against Horde the least(on Alliance alt).
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I never saw a video game sprite as an act of pledging my allegiance to anything. I'm not pledging allegiance to Ken by not choosing Ryu. I just make characters on both sides of the faction line to see the whole game.

It's a vidjya game, not a revolutionary political movement.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Many times... especially in Vanilla. I rolled Horde originally and HATED the Alliance, and then switched to Alliance and ended up HATING the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Never.

Horde for life, baby. Yeah.

I started playing Alliance because all my friends did, and like most, always wondered about the other side. Before TBC hit I started playing a Troll Shaman who became my main shortly after TBC and throughout the xpac. The grass wasn't really any more green on the other side and I've been playing both sides ever since.

They both have their ups and downs.

That being said, I'd probably go Horde and never come back if Horde had Dark Iron Dwarves or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started as Alliance because of a friend of mine. It turns out he was a douche. I ended up quitting WoW a while after that, only to pick it back up when I met a cool guy who played. He was Horde, so I rolled a horde toon. Then he quit, so I didn't quite know what to do. I ended up finding a small raiding guild while Ulduar was current. I've been with them since then, they are my family now!

But I do somewhat regret it because I met another awesome guy who plays WoW, but he's on the Alliance side. We always give each other heck for being the wrong faction. Maybe someday I can have both my WoW family and play with this other friend of mine. Time will tell.