Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    ILoveLoreALot, Lor'themar himself gave us the reason why he is not going to be the new Warchief. He was one step of taking Quel'thalas to the Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLoreALot View Post
    Baine has great relations with Anduin, and to that effect, likely good relations with Varian, the "high-king" of the Alliance, plus he's level-headed, peaceful and all that, making him a very good pick.

To count Lor'thremar out just for being a Blood Elf is fucking stupid, so you can blow off with your assholey attitude and go back to playing with sticks or whatever it is people who can't construct their own thoughts do when they aren't polluting threads with stupid posts.
    First of all, what you say about Baine actually makes him a very bad pick since Blizzard wants the Horde and Alliance war to continue, peace is not an option. Their franchise is built on the war between the two factions, they're not going to mess with something that works for them.

Second, the franchise is at the core still Orcs vs Humans, Blizzard have repeated this multiple times. Why did Varian become the High King of the Alliance? Why not Malfurion or Tyrande becomes supreme leader? It's because Humans are one of the core races. Same with Orcs. The next Warchief will be an Orc because of that. They're not going to mess with a working formula.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy has always been right like 95% of the time.

I do believe him and tbh would be a good thing if he's wrong cuz it's looks shit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    He was never wrong since TBC, btw
    Perhaps share links of his other findings prior? It would certainly add to his credibility for it to all be in one place.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultismash View Post
    The problem with "Warchief Lor'themar" is that prior to patch 5.1, people who weren't obsessed with every teeny detail of lore had absolutely no idea who the guy was. His in-game development didn't move an inch before Landfall, and if what he's accomplished during his short time in the spotlight in MoP is enough to make Blizzard think he deserves the Warchief's seat, I might actually start crying.
    Yeah, they have stated that Garrosh was built up during multiple expansions. Why would they suddenly decide 1 patch of action is enough for Lor'themar? It doesn't add up.

Some of this seems very similar to the fake Cataclysm leaks.

If this is true then please post links to his previous 'leaks'.
    That way we can see for ourselves if he's been right all this time or people are just saying he is.
    I'd like to see this also.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Definitely fake.

Blizzard finally stated not too long ago that there definitely wouldn't be an Azshara Crater battleground. Why would they say that if they are going to release it anyway? It has been in the game files since vanilla, and only recently have they decided it's never going to happen.

Still, I think it's a well thought of leak. It's so much more than just underwater and underground questing, it has quite some variety.

Oh, and Warchief Lor'themar? Don't make me laugh.
    Remember when Blizzard stated there'd be Dance Studio, or Path of the Titans, or they said there wasn't going to be X or there would be X? I bet you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ultismash View Post
    The problem with "Warchief Lor'themar" is that prior to patch 5.1, people who weren't obsessed with every teeny detail of lore had absolutely no idea who the guy was. His in-game development didn't move an inch before Landfall, and if what he's accomplished during his short time in the spotlight in MoP is enough to make Blizzard think he deserves the Warchief's seat, I might actually start crying.
    Can you give me any good, thought-out reasons why he can't be Warchief?

"He didn't do much until recently" and "Not many people know who he really is" are NOT very good reasons, nor especially is "I don't like him personally".

Well, let's see:

What did Garrosh do, other than just head the Horde in Northrend?

Ignoring that, Lor'thremar makes just as much sense- perhaps even more in his own ways- to be the leader of the Horde as Baine or Vol'jin do.

Saurfang, Eitrigg, Drek'thar have all already been said to be too old to lead the Horde at this point (this DOES NOT mean Blizzard can't pull a wacky banana U-turn and do this, I'm just saying, right now, it's confirmed they're not candidates), and it's incredibly unlikely Sylvanas would ever be Warchief, so that narrows it down to Vol'jin, Baine and Lor'thremar.

Baine has great relations with Anduin, and to that effect, likely good relations with Varian, the "high-king" of the Alliance, plus he's level-headed, peaceful and all that, making him a very good pick.

Vol'jin has headed the revolution against Garrosh, unofficially uniting the Horde and Alliance forces in their spear-head of Orgrimmar, and obviously loves the Horde and is well, well-respected by it's members. But still, for all the fanboying "VOLJIN NEXT WARCHIEF 2014!!!!" stuff, I doubt Vol'jin would take up Warchief mantle, that's just me.

So now it's down to Baine and Lor'thremar.

Lor'thremar, as seen in the Isle of Thunder quests, has a sort of 'delicate' relationship with Jaina, and the two share a sort of "We're in this together" moment at the very end, which is obviously Blizzard's way of laying out groundwork for future character interactions. Jaina is more or less 'da horde must die lol fuk em', and is in understandably bad moods with what the Horde has been doing.

Lor'thremar has lots of qualities about him that would make him a great leader. Easily just as much as Baine; if not even possibly more. Does that mean he's the absolute 100% best pick of all time? No, it doesn't. But then look how good of a pick Garrosh turned out to be.

To count Lor'thremar out just for being a Blood Elf is fucking stupid, so you can blow off with your assholey attitude and go back to playing with sticks or whatever it is people who can't construct their own thoughts do when they aren't polluting threads with stupid posts.
    I wasn't dismissing Lor'Themar for being Blood Elf, I said that the Blood Elves did nothing of significance for the HORDE AS A WHOLE to make the Trolls, Tauren, Orcs, Forsaken and Goblins suddely go "YEP, these guys should lead us!" Piss off with your assumptions caused by your inability to read.

And what qualities does lor'themar have more than Baine? Where the hell did you pull that from? Neither have had enough screen time to dictate which one of them is more fitting to be a good Warchief.

Garrosh was son of Hellscream so the Horde allowed him to lead them for that reason and because he defeated Thrall in combat, it was a semi-political/semi-oh-shit-the-Lich-King-just-attacked-Orgrimmar-with-Frostwyrms-let's-settle-this-later type of leadership choice. Once again your prove you're ignorant to events of the past and just pollute the thread disingenuous allegations about your own legitimacy.

Also, the Isle of Thunder has ONE quest, not quests, where you see a very awkward, forced alliance once again between lor'themar and Jaina cause taran'fail just happens to be there and give US a shitty lesson in morality which no one would listen to if this were Warcraft 2 or WC3.

Seriously, piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    First of all, what you say about Baine actually makes him a very bad pick since Blizzard wants the Horde and Alliance war to continue, peace is not an option. Their franchise is built on the war between the two factions, they're not going to mess with something that works for them.

Second, the franchise is at the core still Orcs vs Humans, Blizzard have repeated this multiple times. Why did Varian become the High King of the Alliance? Why not Malfurion or Tyrande becomes supreme leader? It's because Humans are one of the core races. Same with Orcs. The next Warchief will be an Orc because of that. They're not going to mess with a working formula.
    "I'd know for sure because I have no idea."

Yeah, you go, girl.

I'm not sure because I'm not a huge lore buff like some people are. So I can't say whether ot not some things add up or not. But I do like the idea of going back to 10 lvl's instead of 5. And the path of the titans sounds nice still. The lack of a new race or class doesn't bother me either. I already have plenty of alts, another class would just add more and another race would either add more or make me pay for a race change. So I'm fine without those. If this leak is true, I'm happy. If not, I don't mind. I just love when all of the leaks start happening and peoples' gear start grinding. Just trying to figure out what will happen and all that is fun as hell.

Remember when Blizzard stated there'd be Dance Studio, or Path of the Titans, or they said there wasn't going to be X or there would be X? I bet you do.

- - - Updated - - -

"He didn't do much until recently" and "Not many people know who he really is" are NOT very good reasons, nor especially is "I don't like him personally".
    No, maybe they're not good, thought-out reasons, but Vol'Jin having just helped coordinate the overthrow of the guy everyone hates, and brought the Horde together again, makes it a GOOD GODDAMN REASON TO PICK HIM- so he wins by default.

Deleted

His willingness to jump ship too fast. If it wasn't for the Sunreavers, Quel'thalas would be Alliance by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    His willingness to jump ship too fast. If it wasn't for the Sunreavers, Quel'thalas would be Alliance by now.
    As it should be! Horde can have gnomes or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    As it should be! Horde can have gnomes or something...
    Go to hell, Gnomes stay with us, keep your oversized-head Goblins, decaying undead shit who revive dead people to replenish their ranks, and mana junkies.

Deleted
    There will not be an Orc as the new Warchief of the Horde. The other races would not tolerate that.

Sylvannas would be opposed by literally everyone else. Baine is not the man his father was. Voljin would be opposed by the Orcs, as perhaps rightfully they would fear troll retribution for the oppression.

Lorthemar is neutral enough for that to be acceptable.

Deleted
    Very interesting but... so far it's only new content (zones, dungeons, raids etc.) : what about new professions (jewelcrafting, archeology), new minigames (pet battles, tiller's farm), new "system" (LFR, Flex, transmog) etc. ? Will there only be Path of the Titan ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    im willing to bet anything that NO WAY will there be 10 levels, as again we will have 5lvls so they can drag expacs out with 1/2 content for the same price as tbc/wolk
    5 levels doesnt mean less content. It would be 2 levels with twice the content.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Deleted
    Although I'm not going to believe it, it definitely sounds all very plausible and I could definitely see them going with this. However if this is indeed the expac details I wont be playing it. Sounds good but doesn't really excite or wow me.

I wasn't dismissing Lor'Themar for being Blood Elf, I said that the Blood Elves did nothing of significance for the HORDE AS A WHOLE to make the Trolls, Tauren, Orcs, Forsaken and Goblins suddely go "YEP, these guys should lead us!" Piss off with your assumptions caused by your inability to read.

And what qualities does lor'themar have more than Baine? Where the hell did you pull that from? Neither have had enough screen time to dictate which one of them is more fitting to be a good Warchief.

Garrosh was son of Hellscream so the Horde allowed him to lead them for that reason and because he defeated Thrall in combat, it was a semi-political/semi-oh-shit-the-Lich-King-just-attacked-Orgrimmar-with-Frostwyrms-let's-settle-this-later type of leadership choice. Once again your prove you're ignorant to events of the past and just pollute the thread disingenuous allegations about your own legitimacy.

Also, the Isle of Thunder has ONE quest, not quests, where you see a very awkward, forced alliance once again between lor'themar and Jaina cause taran'fail just happens to be there and give US a shitty lesson in morality which no one would listen to if this were Warcraft 2 or WC3.

Seriously, piss off.
    I think both of them have had a decent amount of "screen time" in game. But ultimately, it's not just about the game. Lor'themar's plight as a leader and a person has been made apparent in his short story and in other sources (ignoring that fanfiction that portrayed him as a careless ganja smoker that Blizzard awarded as a winner of some writing contest way back when)

I'm pulling this from the fact that the Blood Elves have been built up as "under-dogs" much like the Orcs for a long time. A big part of the Blood Elves joining the Horde was because the Orcs understood the pain of being addicted to a source they couldn't control. While it's true Lor'thremar could, ideally, use more development time, he's gotten about as much serious development as Garrosh ever got.

But your posts are descending deeper and deeper into ragey dweeb status.

By the way, The Isle of Thunder had multiple quests that you accepted to take the single-player scenarios, so yes, they were "quests".

Anyways, anyways. You go on being an angry little fella. When the new expansion hits and this leak is proven to have been legitimate, your anger and upsetness wont matter anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    No, maybe they're not good, thought-out reasons, but Vol'Jin having just helped coordinate the overthrow of the guy everyone hates, and brought the Horde together again, makes it a GOOD GODDAMN REASON TO PICK HIM- so he wins by default.
    Wow, your posts are getting even WORSE, I'm almost tempted to claim you're just a "troll", but I know better than to underestimate some people's (lack of) intelligence.

Vol'jin may, and most probably doesn't, even WANT to be Warchief. You just disregard that fact entirely for.... no reason, I don't know why.

I think both of them have had a decent amount of "screen time" in game. But ultimately, it's not just about the game. Lor'themar's plight as a leader and a person has been made apparent in his short story and in other sources (ignoring that fanfiction that portrayed him as a careless ganja smoker that Blizzard awarded as a winner of some writing contest way back when)

I'm pulling this from the fact that the Blood Elves have been built up as "under-dogs" much like the Orcs for a long time. A big part of the Blood Elves joining the Horde was because the Orcs understood the pain of being addicted to a source they couldn't control. While it's true Lor'thremar could, ideally, use more development time, he's gotten about as much serious development as Garrosh ever got.

But your posts are descending deeper and deeper into ragey dweeb status.

By the way, The Isle of Thunder had multiple quests that you accepted to take the single-player scenarios, so yes, they were "quests".

Anyways, anyways. You go on being an angry little fella. When the new expansion hits and this leak is proven to have been legitimate, your anger and upsetness wont matter anymore.
    whatever man I frankly don't care about your delusions.