Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    The blood elves know very little about the troubles of present-day kalimdor and the horde's issues on kalimdor with various factions and species.

    Putting a blood elf to be a warchief is like putting a night elf to rule the human and dwarven kingdoms - it is a completely foreign land, with completely foreign cultures and various problems and needs and even completely different types of society structure and politics, not to mention the obviously different history.

    A warchief of the horde will (probably) never be a forsaken or a blood elf;
    They are just too distant (both geographically and culture/awareness wise) to be efficient and successful leaders of the horde.
    They are also vastly more interested in their own lands and their own people - undeads and belves never gave a damn about what happens to taurens or trolls or even orcs (let alone goblins).

    A real life example would be if you put the ruler of Pakistan to be the leader of the United Nations - just massive differences in pretty much every conceivable way would prevent any efficient work from being done.

  2. #82
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    A real life example would be if you put the ruler of Pakistan to be the leader of the United Nations - just massive differences in pretty much every conceivable way would prevent any efficient work from being done.
    I think a better example is it be like putting a white, rich american in as leader of a third world country, whos never had to interact or deal with that kind of harsh living before.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  3. #83
    Stood in the Fire Dat Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mega Drive Sonic 1's Special Stage
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There's a difference between "caring" and throwing a hissy fit.
    And yet there is a difference between throwing a hissy-fit and having conviction in one's own opinion, and potentially acting upon it.
    At what point did I get overly-emotional and start ranting incoherently? Having a strong opinion on something doesn't equate to a hissy-fit just cos someone says so.

  4. #84
    This makes a lot of sense. Maybe Varian thinks that he can still talk to Lor'themar and try to bring him and his people into the Alliance. Someone that almost rejoined the Alliance seems like the best (the least worst) choice for the leader of your enemy. If this is true, then I can totally understand why Varian let them choose another warchief. Lor'themar must be the person, in the Horde, he trusts the most. Maybe Varian thinks that with him as warchief there could actually be peace between our two factions. And yeah it makes total sense that Jaina would be displeased by that.

  5. #85
    I hope Lor'themar won't become warchief. Why ?

    Because the QQ from players will be so high it will only be a matter of time until they kill him off somehow or completely ruin him as a character.

    Leave him be,he does a good job leading the Blood Elves.

  6. #86
    Lor'themar is the warchief the Horde deserves, but not the one they need right now.

    My guess is either Vol'jin, Thrall again, or Thrall's child from the future.

  7. #87
    Stood in the Fire tinyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I think a better example is it be like putting a white, rich american in as leader of a third world country, whos never had to interact or deal with that kind of harsh living before.
    Yes because leading a kingdom that was completely ravaged by undead, having 90% of your population destroyed, then your prince and a good half of your people allying themselves with demons while the rest of your people are addicted to magic, then having a new warchief who treats you and your people like garbage is an EXTREMELY cushy job.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The blood elves know very little about the troubles of present-day kalimdor and the horde's issues on kalimdor with various factions and species.

    Putting a blood elf to be a warchief is like putting a night elf to rule the human and dwarven kingdoms - it is a completely foreign land, with completely foreign cultures and various problems and needs and even completely different types of society structure and politics, not to mention the obviously different history.

    A warchief of the horde will (probably) never be a forsaken or a blood elf;
    They are just too distant (both geographically and culture/awareness wise) to be efficient and successful leaders of the horde.
    They are also vastly more interested in their own lands and their own people - undeads and belves never gave a damn about what happens to taurens or trolls or even orcs (let alone goblins).
    Do you even understand what politicians and world leaders do? Especially ones that are allied to one another? Do you really think that Lor'themar and Sylvanas, and every other racial leader for that matter don't have extensive reports and teams of people exactly for the purpose of keeping them up to date with what is happening in the rest of the world, ESPECIALLY the cities they are allied with?

    Lor'themar makes sense, for both factions. For one it explains why the Alliance just packs up and leaves after taking the city. I don't know why people are so upset at the idea, since by looking at the character, he would make a perfectly good Warchief... OH but wait of course he's a blood elf, which automatically makes him a second class Horde citizen. Baine or Vol'jin will surely speak up against this outrage! It's not like anyone learned any lessons from Garrosh excommunicating and oppressing their own people because of his own bigotry and racism.

    I want Lor'themar because it would be interesting. We've had a Thrall, we've had a Garrosh, now give us something new and interesting instead of just a renamed Thrall which is what people seem to want.

  8. #88
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    I would rather have a female warchief than a Feminine Blood elf.
    Sure, just exclude sylvanas.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    Yes because leading a kingdom that was completely ravaged by undead, having 90% of your population destroyed, then your prince and a good half of your people allying themselves with demons while the rest of your people are addicted to magic, then having a new warchief who treats you and your people like garbage is an EXTREMELY cushy job.



    Do you even understand what politicians and world leaders do? Especially ones that are allied to one another? Do you really think that Lor'themar and Sylvanas, and every other racial leader for that matter don't have extensive reports and teams of people exactly for the purpose of keeping them up to date with what is happening in the rest of the world, ESPECIALLY the cities they are allied with?

    Lor'themar makes sense, for both factions. For one it explains why the Alliance just packs up and leaves after taking the city. I don't know why people are so upset at the idea, since by looking at the character, he would make a perfectly good Warchief... OH but wait of course he's a blood elf, which automatically makes him a second class Horde citizen. Baine or Vol'jin will surely speak up against this outrage! It's not like anyone learned any lessons from Garrosh excommunicating and oppressing their own people because of his own bigotry and racism.

    I want Lor'themar because it would be interesting. We've had a Thrall, we've had a Garrosh, now give us something new and interesting instead of just a renamed Thrall which is what people seem to want.
    QFT.

    Pretty much what I said in another thread.

    I can totally see Warchief Lor'themar and High King Varian working together for the betterment of Azeroth. And in a few expansions, I can see the Alliance mantle being passed on to Anduin, perhaps after Varian falls to the Legion.

    Then we get Warchief Lor'themar (wearing Doomhammer's plate) and High King Anduin (wearing his father's armor and bearing his sword) spearheading the Army of Light against Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, and Sargeras.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I find it somewhat disheartening that everyone hates Garrosh for being a racist, ignorant bigot, and then turning around saying, "Lor'themar can't be Warchief because he's a blood elf!!!"

  10. #90
    Stood in the Fire tinyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    QFT.
    I find it somewhat disheartening that everyone hates Garrosh for being a racist, ignorant bigot, and then turning around saying, "Lor'themar can't be Warchief because he's a blood elf!!!"
    It's because he was racist against the wrong races of course. It's hilarious to watch people tout about saying blood elves and forsaken aren't a part of the "TRUE" Horde. Where have we heard that before...

  11. #91
    If a Blood Elf sits on the throne in Grommash Hold, I'ma shadow bolt a hoe.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    If a Blood Elf sits on the throne in Grommash Hold, I'ma shadow bolt a hoe.
    Better a belf than Sylvanas or Thrall again.

    I'd prefer Vol'jin, but if Lor gets it, I won't be upset.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."


    I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

  13. #93
    It will be Rexxar. Watch and see.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    It's because he was racist against the wrong races of course. It's hilarious to watch people tout about saying blood elves and forsaken aren't a part of the "TRUE" Horde. Where have we heard that before...
    I still don't think of blood elves as being a "true" part of the Horde, I don't care how that sounds. They would be better off if they broke ties with the Horde and lead a third faction in the game.

  15. #95
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,881
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    I would rather have a female warchief than a Feminine Blood elf.
    Lol?

    What aspect of Lorthemar throughout this entire expansion has been feminine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Digory Kirke View Post
    It will be Rexxar. Watch and see.
    I hope so. Or Vol'jin, or really anyone else.

  17. #97
    So much hate on poor lor themar o-o

  18. #98
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I hope so. Or Vol'jin, or really anyone else.
    Or maybe even the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  19. #99
    High Overlord Stackodude1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    134
    After Garrosh has been brought to his knees, a strange mist will envelop the chamber. Rising from the mist, will be Kangaroo Jack. Everyone, including Garrosh, will have a look of shock, as Kangaroo Jack walks toward the "Warchief." He will execute Garrosh, and sit upon the throne, becoming our new Warchief.

    #KangarooJackforWarchief

  20. #100
    Stood in the Fire tinyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Lol?

    What aspect of Lorthemar throughout this entire expansion has been feminine.
    It's because he has long hair, smooth facial features, and proper proportions instead of tusks jutting out of his jaw and bad posture.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •