Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're going to use the Fantasy-equivalent of Wesley Crusher Syndrome to shoehorn in someone who will be seen as a kind of messiah for the Horde and act as a positive conduit between the two factions.

You know what? Calling it now, Anduin Wrynn.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    You won't play just because they didn't give a certain NPC a certain title? Best "I QUIT" reason ever.
    Yeah Ok, that was a bit of hyperbole getting caught up in the moment. But seriously, I won't play as Horde if Lor'themar becomes warchief. Since Garrosh became warchief I've played ALOT more as Alli since, so if this does actually happen, I'm changing allegiances for good. Cos it will be the final nail in the coffin for the old Horde - the REAL Horde. They will lack any self-identity anymore.

I hope that at some point Lor'themar no longer regent Lord. its maximum payoff is back to being a ranger and fight in battle defending quel'thalas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    why people dont want lorthemar to be warchief ?
    Because he isn't concerned in what's the best for the Horde, only for his own people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    They're going to use the Fantasy-equivalent of Wesley Crusher Syndrome to shoehorn in someone who will be seen as a kind of messiah for the Horde and act as a positive conduit between the two factions.

You know what? Calling it now, Anduin Wrynn.
    Hah, would love to see the look on the Orc faces then XD.

I still think if they go that route they'll somehow work Med'an in.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    why people dont want lorthemar to be warchief ?
    Some think a typical fantasy elf with "not-so-manly" looks is against the whole theme of the Horde. May be if the new model updates lean towards a "Dark Elf" type of look, they can please that crowd a little bit.

the least expected is Anduin, how screwed up would that be

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

Because at no point has he expressed that he wanted to be warchief.
    At this point, no one as expressed that they want to be warchief (at least to my knowledge). Someone has to take the mantle though.

OP - Wrathion wanted the war to end and the full efforts of Azeroth to be focused on the future threat. If Lore'themar were to become leader and was willing to work the with alliance, I doubt Wrathion would have been as upset as he is about the decision.

Deleted
    I still reckon it might be a council that'll lead the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    At this point, no one as expressed that they want to be warchief (at least to my knowledge). Someone has to take the mantle though.

OP - Wrathion wanted the war to end and the full efforts of Azeroth to be focused on the future threat. If Lore'themar were to become leader and was willing to work the with alliance, I doubt Wrathion would have been as upset as he is about the decision.
    In 5.1 questline, Rommath says "My lord YOU would make a fine Warchief" to Lor'themar, to which Lor'themar replies by saying "It may come to that. Bring me my blades, the next move is mine"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Very good point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Very good point.
    Well that Wrathion guy is always edgy and mad at something...someone has to tell him to just take a deep breath, forget about the whole "burning legion is coming" thing and find a dragon lady to get laid...

...the future of the black dragonflight depends on it!

-----

I don't think Lorthemar -fits- to be a -warchief-

I mean warchief is so tribal, when you think of warchief you think of a muscular guy with braided hair and very little clothing... like Garrosh, or Khal'Drogo...

I'll only support Lor'themar if he ditches his -high born noble warrior- clothes, goes barechested and wears harnes with fur pants and a big ass belt...and grabs Grom's Axe.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-08-25 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving a pretty little blood elf leadership over the savage races of the Horde...not even Blizzard would stoop to something that's such a huge thematic joke. Also, if Wrynn is "allowing" (whatever that means, honestly) the Horde to pick a new warchief, it doesn't mean literally, like he's going to pick the warchief himself and then go, "hay guiz, this is your warchief, cause it's convenient for me! kbai!" That would be asinine and the Horde would never take it. Obviously. It's more likely referring to the Alliance not using the invasion of Ogrimmar to give themselves some leverage/a tactical advantage over the Horde, so in a way Wrynn would be sparing the Horde and allowing them to continue on, thus giving them time to reorganize and pick a warchief...
    Look! Words!

Maybe this could be the reason to redo Silvermoon City, make it the new Horde Capital.

Deleted
    ok i got it.... they are going to say we need no warchife and light a fire
    as a sighn of the united factions of the hord aka basic camp fire

For reasons said already, Lor'themar doesnt really fancy being the Regent Lord in the first place, so I can't see him being Warchief willingly (though that does make for some delicious tension between he and Sylvanas, based on his short story). And if Vol'jin declines the offer, there's only one person I can see taking over the mantle:

Sunwalker Dezco.

He has: a well-documented history of service through the expac, has formed the best relations between the Horde and the native Pandaren of all the Horde characters, he's seen Garrosh's madness and tyranny first-hand, the player base has an emotional connection to him after his wife's death, AND he has a really good rapport with Anduin Wyrnn, the prophesied leader of The Army of the Light and Prince of Stormwind. If anyone is able to bridge the gap between Horde and Alliance to defeat the Legion, it'd be these two. Plus, we know that some sort of great vision lead his wife and their party to Pandaria in the first place.

(Oooph, upon thinking about it, how much of a kick in the guts is it for Dezco to walk into the Vale, see that place and KNOW it was the subject of his wife's vision and KNOWING that those waters could've saved her life? Then spend the rest of the expac watching it be torn apart under Garrosh's idiocy. Ouch.)
    Last edited by Schaden; 2013-08-25 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Well that Wrathion guy is always edgy and mad at something...someone has to tell him to just take a deep breath, forget about the whole "burning legion is coming" thing and find a dragon lady to get laid...

...the future of the black dragonflight depends on it!
    I'd rather he didn't take any deep breaths near me, he might take after auntie Onyxia... :/

Deleted
    How come no one has yet commented on this dialogue from the 5.1 questline?
    -Rommath: "My lord, YOU would make an excellent Warchief!"
    -Lor'Themar: "It may come to that"

Quite a hint right there tbh. Honestly I would not mind him as warchief at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    If you wish to dethrone someone that means you will start thinking about who to replace that someone.
    You might like to think that, but history is littered with coups to put anyone but this guy in charge. The results are typically very messy indeed.

As to whether it'll be Lor'themar, well it's possible but unlikely. I think the clue's probably in the title: "Darkspear Revolutionary". Maybe that's wishful thinking. More likely Thrall.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-08-25 at 05:43 PM.

Oh god please, i really hope not