Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Where was this stated?

Because Aethas knew about it, as you see in the dialogue on the Isle of Thunder.
    You see an orange line of text, which indicates that Aethas feels uncomfortable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Remember during 5.1?

"You would make an excellent Warchief, Lord Reagent".
    Lor'themar: "It may come to that".

While I would much rather see Vol'jin become Warchief. That was a very interesting comment. I do think Vol'jin has had the most development though. He's proven that he can command the Horde with his Revolution. I would rather see Vol'jin be Warchief. Hell maybe even a council of all horde races.
    "It MAY come to that" - yeah that's not a yes or a no, it's a maybe which isn't very affirmative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Seriously people, read Shadows of the Horde and pay attention during the 5.3 Escalation quest-line. Vol'jin will be warchief : he is the only remaining leader of the old horde still-aligned with it, and has determined to consciously represent the spirit of the values of its foundation. He will be warchief, I assure you.

If, on some weird-ass off chance he is supplanted by Lor'themar, I won't play the next xpac - I like the dude, but he is not of the Horde, he is a BELF first, foremost and above all else, caring only for his own species - he tried to re-align with the Alliance ffs. He would have left the trolls to their fate - that is no warchief of the Horde. NO. Just NO.
    Did *you* read the book? At no point in said book does Vol'jin even hint that he wants to be warchief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Lor'themar hasn't had much play time this expansion, or at all really. Players do not know him very well.

Maybe this is all the more reason for him to be the next warchief. Throw him into the limelight and let us get to know him!
    Not much play time? He's had more playtime in MoP than most other racial leaders have had since vanilla....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Well, it won't be Lemmiwinx, I mean Gallywix or whatever the mia goblin leader is. It won't be Sylvannas, she has strayed to far to the dark side with the capturing of Koltira. I think Vol'jin is the 'obvious' choice they lead into, followed with the statement, 'it won't be who you expect'. That also lines well with it NOT being an orc.

Orcs can get a faction leader that -is not- warchief of the (new) Horde. Saurfang could be the Orc leader. Warchief Theron is a possibility. I recall discussion in game (and most likely in the literature as well; can't currently find links to either) about making him King, but he refused and didn't like the idea at all. Those who recall this would find him being Warchief that much more unlikely.

What makes it seem plausible is the lack of other good candidates outside Orcs (which is fully expected). Baine is too young. What helps is the peace talks between Wyrnn and Theron. It would seem most plausible why he walks away and allows the installation of Theron as the new warcheif; and with Jaina's current bloodlust fueled hate towards belves, it would certainly cause a rift between her and the King. Allowing another Orc, after Garrosh, who isn't Thrall or Saurfang would be a rather stupid move on Wyrnn.

Saurfang makes the most sense as Warchief or at minimum orc leader for me. He is a veteran of many wars. He has remorse for the atrocities under the control of demon blood. He led the Might of Kalimdor to fight in Silithus in the AQ war effort.

He is the best Azeroth has. A true warrior. One who meters his rage and respects peace. He knows the TRUE war in WARcraft is against the threats to the planet and peace; not some silly squabbling between bipedals. He knows who the hated enemies are, and it isn't the Alliance, who he has allied with against the forces of AQ, who his son died fighting with trying to hold back the LK and scourge, Who saw honor and respect given to him when retrieving his son's corpse at the citadel.

He, is the true horde, a true warrior, a true orc, and a true leader; proven in battle and in peace.
    Too old, too lethargic - next.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I really think that Thrall will return as a warchief

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Some people actually care about the lore. I know, crazy.
    There's a difference between "caring" and throwing a hissy fit.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    With the next patch being released in a few weeks, and having been confirmed that we learn who the next Warchief will be in the SoO closing cinematic, it has come to my attention as to who is most likely to be the new leader of the Horde.
    I can see Blizzard doing it.

But he'd be a bad choice. He is TOO pro-BElf, doesn't really care for the Horde - or Alliance - except insofar as it can aid his people and doesn't even want his current job as Regent.

EJL

I would rather have a female warchief than a Feminine Blood elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

If Lor'themar becomes Warchief I am deleting my Horde toons. Not faction changing--deleting. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    ^

Tbh I think the whole corrupt-warchief storyline should have gone to Sylvanas anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

Rexxar doesn't want to live in a city, nor does he want to lead. Nor has he been seen since Wotlk - no Rexxar for you.
    People change and so do Orcs.

On the other hand there are people like you who are judging someone for quitting when a large aspect of the game they find fun is ruined for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    I'll only support Lor'themar if he ditches his -high born noble warrior- clothes, goes barechested and wears harnes with fur pants and a big ass belt...and grabs Grom's Axe.

How about Doomhammer's Plate?

Deleted
    Oh shut the fuck up

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-08-25 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

How about Doomhammer's Plate?
    That picture makes him look like a fag imo xD. He should stand up straight and not have that weird Belf stand.
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Deleted
    Venziir:

"Did *you* read the book? At no point in said book does Vol'jin even hint that he wants to be warchief."

Did *you* read my comment, properly? Point out exactly where I said Vol'jin claimed he wanted to be warchief. I pointed out that throughout his ruminations in the book, he clearly re-affirms his allegiance to Thrall's vision of what the Horde should represent, hence I believe he will step up when the time comes to see this through as he is the only one with a conviction of how the faction should be.
    Last edited by mmoc12ebfdbb38; 2013-08-25 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up
    Hey just opinions. Pretty much every Horde race is more manly than Belfs. In the looks department. And also I'm not the one screaming at people just trying to have a nice conversation.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Lor'themar does not even like being the regent lord least pretend to be warchief. I think his greatest wish is to be a ranger in the blood of the Highborne novella does not like having a high political office
    That's sort of what makes Lor'themar a good leader, ironically. He hates leading his people. He does it out of a sense of duty and nothing more. He has no aspirations for power because it isn't a power that entices him.

There are good points on all sides for whom the new Warchief should be. With the focus they've gotten this expansion, I think only Lor'themar and Vol'jin have a real shot at being Warchief at this point, and Lor'themar seems like a better candidate for A) his willingness to work with Varian and B) the fact that he and Jania have a very mutual understanding with one another. It leaves conflict in the form of those orcs who would be VERY upset with a non-orcish Warchief.

Edit: It would also be a good excuse to give Lor'theron his own unique model.

That picture makes him look like a fag imo xD. He should stand up straight and not have that weird Belf stand.
    Yeah. The look on his face too...idk. >.< Odd looking photo.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up
    Relax. :P

From the MoP quest-lines i got the impression that Lor'themar will be the next warchief/leader.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Believe it or not, this is the straightest picture of him around

On topic, having a person who does not give a crap about which faction does he belong to, as long as he is comfortable in it, a leader of one of them... Just stupid. Nothing more, nothing less, stupid.

And yes, I'm afraid it could be him at the end. But my money is still on Baine.

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    why people dont want lorthemar to be warchief ?
    Because he came to the Alliance trying to suck Varian's dick after this quest: What's in the Box? perhaps?
    Where neither Aethas nor Rommath actually died. And both were aware of what was inside. Rommath even compared it to trapped demon or spirit. And it was Rommath who urged you to open it (Aethas was somewhat unwilling).

This is how much Horde matters to Lor'themar. Less than two NOT dead Blood Elves. He is even more of a nationalist/racist bigot than Garrosh, the only difference is that Garrosh actually has the balls to be open about his bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    At this point, no one as expressed that they want to be warchief (at least to my knowledge). Someone has to take the mantle though.

OP - Wrathion wanted the war to end and the full efforts of Azeroth to be focused on the future threat. If Lore'themar were to become leader and was willing to work the with alliance, I doubt Wrathion would have been as upset as he is about the decision.
    Keep in mind Wrathion doesn't have details about what happened in Orgrimmar. When you talk to him when he throws a furious fit in the tavern he says none of his agents could give him a clear picture and during his final audio files he inquires the player as well. Perhaps the identity of the new Warchief is one of the details that did not reach him.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    And if Vol'jin declines the offer, there's only one person I can see taking over the mantle:

Sunwalker Dezco.

He has: a well-documented history of service through the expac, has formed the best relations between the Horde and the native Pandaren of all the Horde characters, he's seen Garrosh's madness and tyranny first-hand, the player base has an emotional connection to him after his wife's death, AND he has a really good rapport with Anduin Wyrnn, the prophesied leader of The Army of the Light and Prince of Stormwind. If anyone is able to bridge the gap between Horde and Alliance to defeat the Legion, it'd be these two. Plus, we know that some sort of great vision lead his wife and their party to Pandaria in the first place.
    You mean the Sunwalker Dezco that was not ordered to go into Pandaria with Nazgrim's expedition and went there on his own disregarding the fact he was a soldier of the Horde?

The Sunwalker Dezco who, when inquired by the player in Krasarang (which was the only member of official Horde expedition or Nazgrim's underling in that zone) about re-capturing Anduin (which was the official Horde expedition's directive) laughed it off? Only because teenage humans apparently give him a major erection?

Or the Sunwalker Dezco who goes to battle carrying babies and is potentially the one who then crashed one of them to death?

Perfect Warchief material here. Not only does he have no regard for orders or military hierarchy and lets his human perversion cloud his judgement, he can't even keep his children safe. Let alone a major faction.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Well that Wrathion guy is always edgy and mad at something...someone has to tell him to just take a deep breath, forget about the whole "burning legion is coming" thing and find a dragon lady to get laid...

...the future of the black dragonflight depends on it!
    You don't really want any black dragons taking a deep breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    People change and so do Orcs.
    Doesn't help a lot though, since Rexxar is only half-orc, he's still have a conservative half then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Because he came to the Alliance trying to suck Varian's dick after this quest: What's in the Box? perhaps?
    Where neither Aethas nor Rommath actually died. And both were aware of what was inside. Rommath even compared it to trapped demon or spirit. And it was Rommath who urged you to open it (Aethas was somewhat unwilling).

This is how much Horde matters to Lor'themar. Less than two NOT dead Blood Elves. He is even more of a nationalist/racist bigot than Garrosh, the only difference is that Garrosh actually has the balls to be open about his bigotry.

Keep in mind Wrathion doesn't have details about what happened in Orgrimmar. When you talk to him when he throws a furious fit in the tavern he says none of his agents could give him a clear picture and during his final audio files he inquires the player as well. Perhaps the identity of the new Warchief is one of the details that did not reach him.

You mean the Sunwalker Dezco that was not ordered to go into Pandaria with Nazgrim's expedition and went there on his own disregarding the fact he was a soldier of the Horde?

The Sunwalker Dezco who, when inquired by the player in Krasarang (which was the only member of official Horde expedition or Nazgrim's underling in that zone) about re-capturing Anduin (which was the official Horde expedition's directive) laughed it off? Only because teenage humans apparently give him a major erection?

Or the Sunwalker Dezco who goes to battle carrying babies and is potentially the one who then crashed one of them to death?

Perfect Warchief material here. Not only does he have no regard for orders or military hierarchy and lets his human perversion cloud his judgement, he can't even keep his children safe. Let alone a major faction.

You don't really want any black dragons taking a deep breath.
    Quick thing - Dezco didn't go to Pandaria on his own, he and his entire tribe was dispatched by Baine.

Very true.