View Poll Results: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Voters
819. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think Lor'themar Theron would make a fine Warchief. He's got my vote!

    304 37.12%
  • I'd be okay with it. Not the worst candidate.

    191 23.32%
  • I'm neutral on it. Don't care much either way, or am willing to let it slide, no worries.

    91 11.11%
  • No, I personally would not want him as Warchief.

    148 18.07%
  • This would be the worst decision ever! My rage will be felt on this!

    85 10.38%
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Because I haven't played the last few content patches I still don't know who this dude really is. To me he's still "the paperwork guy". Someone who's come to prominence so recently should not be warchief imo.

  2. #242
    Stood in the Fire tinyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexighar View Post
    I play on an RP server and yes I RP. Our RP is heavily based on lore. Now blizzard has done things in the past that are not lore appropriate or contradict their own lore in which red shirt guy so graciously pointed out at blizz con, but this would be it for me. Warchief is an orcish title. Horde was all orcs with some ogres in the beginning. I do not believe this would be fitting lore wise at all what so ever. It would be cool for all the kids who play elves but from an RP standpoint, it makes zero sense to have the leader of the least populated race (again lore) be the warchief. In the past it has always been the strongest person in the strongest clan. Lore wise elves are still not as strong as orcs even though the sunwell was restored. They need to grow in numbers and that will take many years. I could see Baine or another orc taking the title of warchief but not anyone else. I think the orcs would not respect Lor'thermar or sylvannas and would therefore succeed and likewise. lor thermar and sylvannas joined out of convenience, they do not plan to stay in it forever. If an elf takes the throne I will be finding a different game.
    There is no rule that says only an orc can be the Warchief. Warchief is perceived as an orcish title because the only option for Warchief has only ever been an orc . The Warchief is the leader of the Horde, not just the orcs, and the Horde now is made up of many races, not just the one or two that you like. I would prefer that my faction leader be someone who is capable and experienced, rather than resort to nepotism AGAIN and pick another orc because it HAS to be an orc for some made up reason. I think of everyone, the orcs have the least say in who gets to be Warchief after so many of them willingly followed Garrosh on his genocidal rampage.

  3. #243
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Because I haven't played the last few content patches I still don't know who this dude really is. To me he's still "the paperwork guy". Someone who's come to prominence so recently should not be warchief imo.
    well that happens in real life all the time
    Stalin was just a paper-work guy and he went from mid-level bureaucrat to the most powerful individual world leader in about 20 years.

    anyway, Lor'themar seems like a dark horse, but that's the whole point of a dark horse, you can't really anticipate one.

  4. #244
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,070
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    and why could it be the other way around? why can "Add orc name here" do that? and lorthemar can't?
    Because bias, that's why :P

    If this was anything realistic the Forsaken and Sin'dorei would veto any Orc-choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Wait so the Ranger turned Politician that has a strong distaste for politics and had enough headaches overseeing Silvermoon is a good canidate for Warchief? What is this Warcraft: Blood Elves vs. Humans?
    This is as much Warcraft: Blood Elves vs. Humans as it is Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans.
    That's to say: Not at all, it is World of Warcraft.
    No thanks, anyone who wants "Warchief Lor'themar Theron" Needs to go piss off and play the Alliance. There's no reason to strip the Horde of it's Classic feel.
    Anyone who wants an Orc as Warchief can piss off and play a Classic-Pandaria private server \o/

  5. #245
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because bias, that's why :P

    If this was anything realistic the Forsaken and Sin'dorei would veto any Orc-choice.


    This is as much Warcraft: Blood Elves vs. Humans as it is Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans.
    That's to say: Not at all, it is World of Warcraft.

    Anyone who wants an Orc as Warchief can piss off and play a Classic-Pandaria private server \o/
    Pretty much my thoughts. This orc supremacist crap is getting out of hand, they're statistically more like than anyone to have terrible leaders. Out of all the races on the horde, they're the only one with a large part still corrupted and driven by blood lust.

    It's time this evolved and the mantle of war-chief evolved with it unto a leader who actually has a chance of making a solid horde again. Hint: that isn't an orc.

  6. #246
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts. This orc supremacist crap is getting out of hand, they're statistically more like than anyone to have terrible leaders. Out of all the races on the horde, they're the only one with a large part still corrupted and driven by blood lust.

    It's time this evolved and the mantle of war-chief evolved with it unto a leader who actually has a chance of making a solid horde again. Hint: that isn't an orc.
    Yeah, i'm sick of Orcs and humans, i really want to see other races having the spotlight

  7. #247
    Not to mention that big chunk of orcs is about to be slaughtered so...

    Oh wait, I forget, this is warcraft, where population decline is nonexistant and Metzen pulls entire legions out of nowhere (I would say out of his ass, but I say that so often it is no longer funny (or sad)).
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  8. #248
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,940
    A big, massive "Whateeeeever".

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I would never trust him, the blood elves are a bad choice for leader.

    A tauren would be a better leader more in line with Thrall, and less likely to turn into another Garrosh. Baine is a far better choice for a level headed leader to push the horde into a new dawn.
    Let me explain why you're wrong, and why Lor'themar the best possible choice for a new warchief.

    We need to take other things into account besides personal prejudices against races. We need to take a look at the individual candidates as well as other things going on in the world, including the direction Blizzard seems to be taking the story (which is toward a more cooperative standpoint between the horde/alliance than enemy).

    We all know the legion is returning, and only a fool would ignore Wrathions warnings. Any level headed leader would be less concerned with the horde being their enemy, or alternatively the alliance than the Legion returning.

    We know they've been turning Wrynn into a more accepting person than he was initially portrayed including as I understand it, even being open to welcoming the Blood Elves back into the alliance.

    Lor'themar does not want to be a politician, he is a reluctant leader, he leads because he must and does what is right for his people. He doesn't seek power, he simply seeks the survival of his people and a future for them. That does NOT mean one needs to go the route of Garrosh or Kael'thas to meet that end.

    As a Blood Elf, his people have had former relations with the alliance up to and including once being part of it. It was the works of petty men which sent the Blood Elves into the hordes arms.

    The Horde itself is a group of rag-tag people who have come together for survival against hatred and racism. With certain exceptions all the horde (since the time of Thrall) ever wanted was to live in peace. War happened, battles happened, but none of the leaders were ever power hungry twits seeking the ultimate destruction of the alliance.

    Lor'themar was man enough to turn away from Jaina and do what was necessary despite his anger at the Sunreavers being imprisoned. Anyone doing those quests knows how pissed he was about them being attacked and imprisoned in Dalaran and how much he wanted them freed. However when faced with the larger picture, he turned and walked away. He knew it wasn't about getting revenge against Jaina for imprisoning his people, he knew it wasn't even about freeing his people. It was about making a stand, putting his weapon down and turning and walking away.

    His dialogue clearly has shown he is tired of the racism BOTH sides of shown and as I said above, interested in a future for his people.

    The point of all this being is that Lor'themar has shows he is extremely level-headed, is not by any means power hungry, potentially accepted by the alliance and Wrynn, and is a reluctant leader which often works in their favor. Lor'themar can build a future for the Horde that doesn't require the raping of the land or the destruction of the alliance.

    Ultimately though, I think a 'council' that has been suggested is the best idea. Each member of the Horde has their own needs and a council would represent that best, though I don't think it would prevent any further incidents like Garrosh. If for example Sylvanas were to completely flip her lid (which I don't agree she has, I think it's deeper than that), a council wouldn't prevent her or her Forsaken from going to war against whoever she chose, just like the threat of the Tauren, Blood Elves, Trolls etc rebelling against Garrosh are stopping him or the orcs loyal to him.

    I welcome any replies as to why he'd not make a good leader that aren't simply race related. If you want to say someone would be teh suck as a leader, gives points that aren't simple "taurens are better" or "blood elves can't be trusted".

  10. #250
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Oh wait, I forget, this is warcraft, where population decline is nonexistant and Metzen pulls entire legions out of nowhere (I would say out of his ass, but I say that so often it is no longer funny (or sad)).
    If Metzen couldnt do that we would have stopped making expansions after Wrath
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    at least vol'jin understands about living rough, warfare and has some small degree of political understanding. He's a better combination then someone who can't even stand bad smells.
    Because Blood Elves don't having nearly been made extinct by the scourge then turned on by the alliance, then having their beloved leader go nutcase on them?

    Or how about the Tauren and them being mercilessly attacked by centaurs?

    The Forsaken having to live with everyone's hate and prejudice?

    Lor'themar and Sylvanas are better politicians than Vol'jin, and they all understand living rough. I have come to really like Vol'jin over this expansion but I don't think he'd make the best warchief. He's a follower, not a leader. He had no problem following Thrall (and I don't mean that in a 'it makes him weak' or 'a chump' way). I mean he has no problem following a good leader who does good for the Horde.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Garrosh did what he had to do for the Horde. Had the rest of the Horde not been so blind, he would have conquered Azeroth already.
    He never had to do that for the horde. The horde survived fine all this time without a tyrant like Garrosh. The fact that we're not losing Orgrimmar after the seige proves exactly how unnecessary Garrosh' actions were. Garrosh has committed war crimes that escalated the war when actions could have been taken to calm the war.

    That and the fact that the burning legion is returning, this was a bad time for Garrosh to go all nutter butters. He should have and could have waited for the legion to be dealt with. Like it or not, the devs have worked it into the story that without a whole horde and a whole alliance we won't survive the next invasion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Why ? All things change,Sylvanas is no superpower that can own everything. Just look at how Lor'themar talks to her in the Siege of Orgrimmar.

    He does not fear her at all.
    Exactly. Just because at one time Sylv was his 'boss' doesn't mean she still is. If we're going to go by that logic, as regeant lord of the Kingdom of Quel'thalas, Sylvanas is his underling now, and if he were to become Warchief even more so.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    There is no rule that says only an orc can be the Warchief. Warchief is perceived as an orcish title because the only option for Warchief has only ever been an orc . The Warchief is the leader of the Horde, not just the orcs, and the Horde now is made up of many races, not just the one or two that you like. I would prefer that my faction leader be someone who is capable and experienced, rather than resort to nepotism AGAIN and pick another orc because it HAS to be an orc for some made up reason. I think of everyone, the orcs have the least say in who gets to be Warchief after so many of them willingly followed Garrosh on his genocidal rampage.
    Bro, you need to go read a book and make shit up in your head or something.

    WoW isn't and never had been about peace and butterflies.

    WoW is about War and conflict. I don't know why all you goofs want a peaceful "WAR"chief.

    The role Warchief is perceived as a Orc role because Orcs are the foundation and the Leaders of the horde. If it wasn't for Orcs there wouldn't be a Horde.

    Every other faction that's in the "Horde" are in it because the Orcs let them.

  13. #253
    I'd love it. Then again, I play a blood elf.

  14. #254

    Some prissy elf as a warchief?! NEVAAH! If Blizz even tries to make such a blasphemous move, my days as a Horde player are DONE.

    After all, it's orcs and humans, not elves and humans. Is it so hard to comprehend?

  15. #255
    im not sure warchief is the right title for him, from my knowledge (i could be way off) didn't he almost join the alliance again at some point? not sure thats what we want in a warchief. He's level headed and a great tactition yes, but i would rather have Vol'jin sit as warchief. While being a level headed and great tactition he has also been with the horde for quite a long time and has some strong friendships within the horde such as with Baine Bloodhoof

  16. #256
    Stood in the Fire tinyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Bro, you need to go read a book and make shit up in your head or something.

    WoW isn't and never had been about peace and butterflies.

    WoW is about War and conflict. I don't know why all you goofs want a peaceful "WAR"chief.

    The role Warchief is perceived as a Orc role because Orcs are the foundation and the Leaders of the horde. If it wasn't for Orcs there wouldn't be a Horde.

    Every other faction that's in the "Horde" are in it because the Orcs let them.
    Really? Because until Garrosh became Warchief, war between the two factions wasn't never the main focus of the story. It's only until MoP that Blizzard finally acknowledged that there was an all out war between the two factions. It's funny that you say that a peaceful Warchief is a bad idea, when Thrall was more peaceful and diplomatic than any racial leader in the game . You're also mistaken if you think the Alliance, Vol'jin, and the rest of the faction leaders are going to let another bloodthirsty warmonger become the Warchief of the Horde again. This isn't the old Horde anymore where orcs just bullied the other races into doing what they say. We had a Warchief who did just that, and he's by far the most despised character in the franchise. No one wants the orcs to hog the spotlight as the "foundation" and the leaders anymore, everyone has had enough of Garrosh's ubermensch ideology, it's time to let the other Horde races step up and play bigger roles.

  17. #257
    As long as Green Jesus doesn't come back, we're all good.

  18. #258
    Stood in the Fire tinyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post

    Some prissy elf as a warchief?! NEVAAH! If Blizz even tries to make such a blasphemous move, my days as a Horde player are DONE.

    After all, it's orcs and humans, not elves and humans. Is it so hard to comprehend?
    It's called World of Warcraft, but there is a game called Orcs & Humans so you could go play that if you like.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Bro, you need to go read a book and make shit up in your head or something.

    WoW isn't and never had been about peace and butterflies.

    WoW is about War and conflict. I don't know why all you goofs want a peaceful "WAR"chief.

    The role Warchief is perceived as a Orc role because Orcs are the foundation and the Leaders of the horde. If it wasn't for Orcs there wouldn't be a Horde.

    Every other faction that's in the "Horde" are in it because the Orcs let them.
    Just like some of us don't understand why to people like you, the WAR in warcraft has to be between the factions. Things change. Originally yeah it was Orcs vs Humans. Things have changed. We have the every growing threat of the Legion, we had the liche king and his scourge, Deathwing, still dealing with old gods. There's plenty of War to be had in Warcraft. Just because it started as Orcs vs Humans (which was just another plot of the real enemy, the legion) doesn't mean it always has to be that way.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post

    Some prissy elf as a warchief?! NEVAAH! If Blizz even tries to make such a blasphemous move, my days as a Horde player are DONE.

    After all, it's orcs and humans, not elves and humans. Is it so hard to comprehend?
    Don't let the door hit you on the fanny on the way out.

    World of Warcraft is not Orcs Vs Humans. Warcraft is. WoW is an extension of that story, but stories progress and change. If it were as simple as OvH, why are there other playable races with their own sub factions and goals?

    BTW Lor'themar is far from prissy.

    And to further my point above... by your logic there would be no book series since stories should never progress or change.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    It's called World of Warcraft, but there is a game called Orcs & Humans so you could go play that if you like.
    Eh, forgive my outburst, but seriously I just don't see elf leading the entire Horde.
    As for the orcs and humans thing, I was referring to the fact that the orcs are the backbone of the Horde, therefore putting some non orc in charge would mess up that base aspect that was in place the very day Warcraft was created.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •