View Poll Results: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Voters
819. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think Lor'themar Theron would make a fine Warchief. He's got my vote!

    304 37.12%
  • I'd be okay with it. Not the worst candidate.

    191 23.32%
  • I'm neutral on it. Don't care much either way, or am willing to let it slide, no worries.

    91 11.11%
  • No, I personally would not want him as Warchief.

    148 18.07%
  • This would be the worst decision ever! My rage will be felt on this!

    85 10.38%
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntzii View Post
    No they really haven't. In fact most of your counter points have been blasted out of the water time and time again, and most of your points apply to any potential candiate.



    Yeah cause Vo'jin never had thoughts of ditching the horde.



    Which is the fault of the devs. Just like Rexxar was supposed to be scene in the Barrens patch, he got cut. Don't blame the character for what the devs can squeeze in, or not. Sylvanas has been mostly absent this xp, that's not her fault, that's the fault of the devs.

    As for the 'too scared' comment, you want to make points, make factual points. If you can't make a point without bashing him, you already lost.



    Lor'themar has been leading the Blood Elves since TBC. He may not have been in the spot light until now, but he's been leading them.

    Where in the game is it said she only uses it because she was pushed by Garrosh? And sure anyone could tell her not to, it's a matter of who she'll listen to. Again, fail argument because it applies to ANYONE. This argument doesn't state why Lor'themar SPECIFICALLY is not fit to lead.



    Capitalization, punctuation and breaking points into more appropriate paragraphs makes my eyes bleed less and as such able to have a discussion with you easier.

    Again, you're hold a real world problem (how and when the devs decide to put him into the spotlight) against who the character is. Thrall was untested and he did fine... at least until he made Garrosh warchief. So again your argument fails. The only other warchief we've had was a compeltely untested pup who at the end of his career put the worst possible person in charge of the Horde. Lor'themar couldn't do much worse than that.



    I fail to see the point here. Vol'jin has never been a fan of the alliance (in fact his original ptr text had him speaking down to the alliance during the barrens stuff). You also assume he saw going to the alliance as an option. Who's to say that if in the past his trolls and the alliance had been allies, he wouldn't have thought about it? He thought about leaving the horde and I argue he only didn't go to the alliance because he doesn't like them and knew they'd just as soon kill his people as allow them into the alliance. You're making comparisons where they don't exist because your argument assumes both men had the same options available, they didn't. The elves were once part of the alliance, the trolls never were.



    So this automatically means he's a better potential leader than Lor'themar who has connections with um... the alliance. I'd take a guy who can peace-talk with the alliance over some hybrid who has had very little to no character growth in this entire game.

    If you want to use Lor'themars lack of spotlight moments as a point against him, don't use knowing Rexxar as a point in favor of anyone. Lor'themar has had more time in the spotlight than Rexxar, so again another failed argument.



    Yes and as I already stated, was a nobody until he was made someone by leading the horde, and he also made the single largest mistake in the history of the Azerothian horde.



    But Saur is still an orc, and his people were never actually part OF the alliance. Dying beside them against the orcs.

    I don't argue it has to be Lor'themar simply based on race. If you go back and look at my posts, I've listed specific reason why he should and the only time his race has come up as a factor is simply because his people were once part of the alliance.

    Simply stating he should/shouldn't for no other reason than his race is personal preference and nothing more. It's like saying Obama never should have been elected or should have been elected because he has african heritage. It's about who the man is, not what genes make him up.

    So again, most of your 'good reasons why he shouldn't' have been countered multiple times.

    Looking forward to your next post where you argue the same points that could apply to any of the potential leaders and still fail to argue:

    WHY LOR'THEMAR SPECIFICALLY SHOULD NOT BE WARCHIEF

    Because so far, you've failed at doing that.
    you simply ignoring or denying every point that isn't saying your favorite character isn't the perfect decision you're pushing for him to be is not the same as not having given valid points. and most of the counterpoints haven't been "blown out of the water" they've been met with what equates to "well..hey look at this other thing that I think makes him look good!" vol'jin may have had thoughts of leaving, but unlike lor'themar he never acted on them. if not for the dalaran purge he WOULD have left to join the alliance without even having looked to the rest of the horde for aid. on the "blame the devs" they've had plenty of time to show him and when they finally did THAT'S when all of the love for him spontaneously came into being. you don't think he was "scared to act" go look at his leader short story, even going to northrend is a decision that's made for him by sylvanas.

    lor'themar has had a dedicated council helping him manage things around silvermoon consisting mostly of the decision making and support of romath and halduron, he has otherwise, from what's shown, been simply following whatever sylvanas or garrosh say. and I never said sylvanas would ONLY use it because of garrosh forcing her into fights, I'm saying she wouldn't use it AS MUCH. gilneas was a fight she was forced into by garrosh, that is the largest use of plague we actually see in game aside from the unexplained circumstances of southshore, and she uses it there because garrosh managed to screw up the initial assault so badly she had to in order to keep an advantage. also if you're going to make a comment based on my punctuation and way of typing in an attempt to discredit me, let me help you out. ?!@$!@%$@!%!@^!^$#^.

    so...you're saying no to vol'jin because your speculation on what ifs...and you're saying that unless someone is the bestest of friends with the alliance there can't be peace... right.. you then try to discredit baine who has about as much good leadership of his people as lor'themar has shown for the same reason you say I can't shoot down lor'themar. read lord of the clans then look into the amount of time between when thrall started leading all the orcs of the new horde and when he actually gained the support and friendship of the trolls and tauren..unlike lor'themar he didn't get from competent leader to leader of an entire major faction instantly like people want. and your dismissal of saurfang is yet again just saying "he's not bestest friends with the alliance, somehow that means he can't get peace with the alliance without having been a member of the alliance"


    saying a race was or was not part of the alliance shouldn't impact their ability to not declare war like idiotic children, that's simply personal decisions and goals. and yes I agree with you no leader should be chosen or denied based on race, but that's part of my annoyance with this sudden "lor'themar for warchief" push. people seem to be pushing lor'themar more simply because he is a member of the most "alliance like" of the horde races (and no I don't say that meaning he should be in the alliance, they have good reasons not to be in the alliance), claims that the bloodelves should come to the forefront are almost all backed up by saying the horde needs to advance or "we have enough orcs vs humans".

    yes I get that you think I'm arguing the same points and that you think none of them have any negative effect towards lor'themar, I understand that. but. JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE A CHARACTER DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD IGNORE THE NEGATIVE PARTS OF THEIR STORY! IGNORING THAT LOR'THEMAR ACTIVELY PLANNED TO ABANDON THE HORDE, THAT HE, MUCH LIKE GARROSH, WOULD BE PUSHED TO LEADERSHIP DIRECTLY AFTER A LONGSTANDING LACK OF CONFIDENCE, AND THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT HIS OWN OFFICE BUT IS SUPPOSEDLY MEANT TO ACCEPT BEING WARCHIEF IS IDIOTIC.

    but don't worry, I suspect somehow you will continue to ignore all points against him as ineffective but swear up and down your own arguments in his favor make him the best candidate ever.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  2. #342
    Stood in the Fire tinyninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    you simply ignoring or denying every point that isn't saying your favorite character isn't the perfect decision you're pushing for him to be is not the same as not having given valid points. and most of the counterpoints haven't been "blown out of the water" they've been met with what equates to "well..hey look at this other thing that I think makes him look good!" vol'jin may have had thoughts of leaving, but unlike lor'themar he never acted on them. if not for the dalaran purge he WOULD have left to join the alliance without even having looked to the rest of the horde for aid. on the "blame the devs" they've had plenty of time to show him and when they finally did THAT'S when all of the love for him spontaneously came into being. you don't think he was "scared to act" go look at his leader short story, even going to northrend is a decision that's made for him by sylvanas.

    lor'themar has had a dedicated council helping him manage things around silvermoon consisting mostly of the decision making and support of romath and halduron, he has otherwise, from what's shown, been simply following whatever sylvanas or garrosh say. and I never said sylvanas would ONLY use it because of garrosh forcing her into fights, I'm saying she wouldn't use it AS MUCH. gilneas was a fight she was forced into by garrosh, that is the largest use of plague we actually see in game aside from the unexplained circumstances of southshore, and she uses it there because garrosh managed to screw up the initial assault so badly she had to in order to keep an advantage. also if you're going to make a comment based on my punctuation and way of typing in an attempt to discredit me, let me help you out. ?!@$!@%$@!%!@^!^$#^.

    so...you're saying no to vol'jin because your speculation on what ifs...and you're saying that unless someone is the bestest of friends with the alliance there can't be peace... right.. you then try to discredit baine who has about as much good leadership of his people as lor'themar has shown for the same reason you say I can't shoot down lor'themar. read lord of the clans then look into the amount of time between when thrall started leading all the orcs of the new horde and when he actually gained the support and friendship of the trolls and tauren..unlike lor'themar he didn't get from competent leader to leader of an entire major faction instantly like people want. and your dismissal of saurfang is yet again just saying "he's not bestest friends with the alliance, somehow that means he can't get peace with the alliance without having been a member of the alliance"


    saying a race was or was not part of the alliance shouldn't impact their ability to not declare war like idiotic children, that's simply personal decisions and goals. and yes I agree with you no leader should be chosen or denied based on race, but that's part of my annoyance with this sudden "lor'themar for warchief" push. people seem to be pushing lor'themar more simply because he is a member of the most "alliance like" of the horde races (and no I don't say that meaning he should be in the alliance, they have good reasons not to be in the alliance), claims that the bloodelves should come to the forefront are almost all backed up by saying the horde needs to advance or "we have enough orcs vs humans".

    yes I get that you think I'm arguing the same points and that you think none of them have any negative effect towards lor'themar, I understand that. but. JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE A CHARACTER DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD IGNORE THE NEGATIVE PARTS OF THEIR STORY! IGNORING THAT LOR'THEMAR ACTIVELY PLANNED TO ABANDON THE HORDE, THAT HE, MUCH LIKE GARROSH, WOULD BE PUSHED TO LEADERSHIP DIRECTLY AFTER A LONGSTANDING LACK OF CONFIDENCE, AND THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT HIS OWN OFFICE BUT IS SUPPOSEDLY MEANT TO ACCEPT BEING WARCHIEF IS IDIOTIC.

    but don't worry, I suspect somehow you will continue to ignore all points against him as ineffective but swear up and down your own arguments in his favor make him the best candidate ever.
    There is no way in hell I or anyone else should go through the effort of reading through that wall of text if you can't be bothered to put in some effort yourself and use some damn capitilization. I know you don't care because you think it's not important but it is, because your posts are literally eyesores. Not that you're talking about anything new that we haven't already refuted about four pages back.

  3. #343
    Best choice ever, its about time the Horde had a pretty War Chief.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    you simply ignoring or denying every point that isn't saying your favorite character isn't the perfect decision you're pushing for him to be is not the same as not having given valid points. and most of the counterpoints haven't been "blown out of the water" they've been met with what equates to "well..hey look at this other thing that I think makes him look good!" vol'jin may have had thoughts of leaving, but unlike lor'themar he never acted on them. if not for the dalaran purge he WOULD have left to join the alliance without even having looked to the rest of the horde for aid. on the "blame the devs" they've had plenty of time to show him and when they finally did THAT'S when all of the love for him spontaneously came into being. you don't think he was "scared to act" go look at his leader short story, even going to northrend is a decision that's made for him by sylvanas.

    lor'themar has had a dedicated council helping him manage things around silvermoon consisting mostly of the decision making and support of romath and halduron, he has otherwise, from what's shown, been simply following whatever sylvanas or garrosh say. and I never said sylvanas would ONLY use it because of garrosh forcing her into fights, I'm saying she wouldn't use it AS MUCH. gilneas was a fight she was forced into by garrosh, that is the largest use of plague we actually see in game aside from the unexplained circumstances of southshore, and she uses it there because garrosh managed to screw up the initial assault so badly she had to in order to keep an advantage. also if you're going to make a comment based on my punctuation and way of typing in an attempt to discredit me, let me help you out. ?!@$!@%$@!%!@^!^$#^.

    so...you're saying no to vol'jin because your speculation on what ifs...and you're saying that unless someone is the bestest of friends with the alliance there can't be peace... right.. you then try to discredit baine who has about as much good leadership of his people as lor'themar has shown for the same reason you say I can't shoot down lor'themar. read lord of the clans then look into the amount of time between when thrall started leading all the orcs of the new horde and when he actually gained the support and friendship of the trolls and tauren..unlike lor'themar he didn't get from competent leader to leader of an entire major faction instantly like people want. and your dismissal of saurfang is yet again just saying "he's not bestest friends with the alliance, somehow that means he can't get peace with the alliance without having been a member of the alliance"


    saying a race was or was not part of the alliance shouldn't impact their ability to not declare war like idiotic children, that's simply personal decisions and goals. and yes I agree with you no leader should be chosen or denied based on race, but that's part of my annoyance with this sudden "lor'themar for warchief" push. people seem to be pushing lor'themar more simply because he is a member of the most "alliance like" of the horde races (and no I don't say that meaning he should be in the alliance, they have good reasons not to be in the alliance), claims that the bloodelves should come to the forefront are almost all backed up by saying the horde needs to advance or "we have enough orcs vs humans".

    yes I get that you think I'm arguing the same points and that you think none of them have any negative effect towards lor'themar, I understand that. but. JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE A CHARACTER DOES NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD IGNORE THE NEGATIVE PARTS OF THEIR STORY! IGNORING THAT LOR'THEMAR ACTIVELY PLANNED TO ABANDON THE HORDE, THAT HE, MUCH LIKE GARROSH, WOULD BE PUSHED TO LEADERSHIP DIRECTLY AFTER A LONGSTANDING LACK OF CONFIDENCE, AND THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT HIS OWN OFFICE BUT IS SUPPOSEDLY MEANT TO ACCEPT BEING WARCHIEF IS IDIOTIC.

    but don't worry, I suspect somehow you will continue to ignore all points against him as ineffective but swear up and down your own arguments in his favor make him the best candidate ever.
    A good leader does what is best for his people. As of that time, Lor'themar's people were the Sin'dorei. He took the oath yes, the same oath all the other leaders did - to protect and guard each other. But where was Vol'jin when the blood elves were being thrown to the wolves by Garrosh? Some family, eh?

    Furthermore, there is a small part in Tides of War where Garrosh summons Lor'themar to Orgrimmar:

    Garrosh later summons Lor'themar for a private audience, thanking him for his loyalty. When prompted to discuss the nature of said loyalty, Lor'themar makes it clear that he is loyal to the Horde, though Garrosh reminds him that he is the Horde. Lor'themar corrects him, stating that he is merely its leader. As Garrosh observes the sin'dorei retinue leave Orgrimmar, he uneasily concludes that Theron in particular is worth watching.
    This makes me think that Garrosh tried to get Lor'themar to leave, putting the stealing of the Divine Bell and the Purge of Dalaran in a whole new light. Perhaps getting Lor'themar to the breaking point was Garrosh's plan all along, to get the Blood Elves out of the Horde and get the others to turn on them.

    As for the lack of wanting an office, the best leaders are those who do not actively pursue power. THe best leaders are those who are pushed into the role - and they generally come to terms, and accept and excel at the role they are given. It happened with Thrall, it happened with Vol'jin - hell, it happened with George Washington (he didn't want to lead the military, much less become President of the nation).

    I don't care that Lor'themar is the most "Alliance-like" of the Horde - because the Blood Elves aren't. It doesn't matter anyways, because Lor'themar is, by and large, one of the most qualified people we have for the job. I'm saying to to Vol'jin because he, much like Cairne, actively went against Thrall's wishes (the same Thrall who Vol'jin says what the Horde should be). And yes, yes Thrall did. He was pushed into the role of Warchief when Doomhammer died his untimely death.

    On to the Vol'jin/Cairne stuff: Before Thrall left, he asked Cairne, Etrigg, and Vol'jin to help Garrosh out, to guide him into the role of Warchief and stand by him. THis was to keep the peace, reign Garrosh in, and keep the Horde in Thrall's ideals. We saw how well that went over. Cairne immediately told Thrall that is was a bad idea and challenged (and died, due to Magatha's interference) Garrosh for the Warchief's throne. Vol'jin immediately upped-and-outed from Orgrimmar. SO Vol'jin, the same Vol'jin who claims to be upholding Thrall's ideals of a better Horde, went against Thrall in the first place. Had he and Cairne not, we might very well not be here arguing this right now.

    As for Lor'themar's credentials: He spent a good few years as Ranger-General (after Sylvanas died; he was her second-in-command, if memory serves), leading the Farstriders and defense of the kingdom from the remnants of the Scourge. After that, he was thrown into the regency. He, as per Kael'thas' request, was guided and helped, shaped into the leader he is today. He was built upon, in the same way Garrosh ought to have been by Cairne and Vol'jin. And what do we see? He is a really good person and leader, which is why I advocate him for becoming Warchief (and King of Quel'thalas, but that's a different matter entirely).

    So yes, the beginnings of Lor'themar's and Garrosh's insertion to leadership roles are much the same. The difference is Lor'themar's aides helped him as they were asked, while those who were asked by THrall to help Garrosh told Thrall and Garrosh to fuck off. That's why Lor'themar should be Warchief and Vol'jin shouldn't be.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    There is no way in hell I or anyone else should go through the effort of reading through that wall of text if you can't be bothered to put in some effort yourself and use some damn capitilization. I know you don't care because you think it's not important but it is, because your posts are literally eyesores. Not that you're talking about anything new that we haven't already refuted about four pages back.
    Eh, I took the effort to. Hope he doesn't just go "LOL LOR'THEMAR SUCKS" on me, since I'm just joining the argument.

    - - - Updated - - -

    As well, read this. It's from his journal:

    I cannot remember the last time I told anyone such a bald-faced lie, even since I was forced into politics. But I did lie to Aethas, and he knows it, and I know it, and anyone who heard me say it knows it. My will means very little, in fact. I can pretend my power is real, but in the end, it is all an act, and none of it is honest. I can wash my hands of it, play martyr, be victimized, and accomplish nothing, or I can fight and victimize others in my turn and thus become the essence of all I have battled. If I have ever rationalized my choices using any other logic, I was certainly lying to myself. Hawkspear was right: I deal with the devil indeed, but the Sunwell may never have been restored had we not sunk to those levels. He and Aurora can sleep soundly, knowing they have never compromised their ethics, but if they deny that they prosper in the wake of those who have, then they delude themselves as much as I.

    Here I find myself so close to believing that the ends justify the means. But the ruins of the Magisters' Terrace will haunt me forever, reminding me of the fate I tempt with that thought. This is the line I walk, finally knowing that the actions I take in necessity are nonetheless indefensible. Those truths can never be reconciled, but sometimes I can hold them both side by side and almost understand. I might call this revelation profound if I were ignorant enough not to realize that I am only learning what Kael'thas, and Anasterian before him, had also learned in their turns. All we can do is walk the road we are given with such dignity as we can muster, each to our own glory or demise, and pray that there yet remains something of our own hearts when all is said and done. By the Sunwell, I hope that there will remain something of mine.
    I loved the ending of that so much I made it my Senior Quote for my graduating yearbook. You can't tell me that he wouldn't make a fantastic Warchief. If you'd like the context, it's from his short story on the WoW website.

    EDIT: Do note that that entry is from just before the release of Wrath, lorewise. Since then, he's obviously thrown off Sylvanas' bindings, as the Sunwell and the recently-acquired Blood Golems (as well as the possible, hopefully shown if they ever re-do the starting zones, reversed corruption of the Ghostlands), combined with the Lich King's death (meaning less Scourge), means that they no longer need to rely on Sylvanas' Forsaken to defend their borders.

    And no, I don't foresee an Alliance assault somehow surviving a Sin'dorei controlled Dark Animus for long.

    EDIT: This too:

    Lor'themar has become a ruler balancing a fierce love for his country together with the weight of his peoples' burdens, though his responsibilities were not always so heavy. Years before his regency, Lor'themar was a patriotic and passionate ranger, with a talent for both battle and strategy. Lor'themar took pride in his role as a Farstrider and a warden of the Sunwell, which the great traitor Dar'Khan Drathir exploited for his own gain. Lor'themar holds guilt for his inability to see through Dar'Khan's betrayal, and further remorse for the exile he imposed on the quel'dorei who opposed Rommath's teachings; Lor'themar reasoned that he could not lead a nation divided. Theron was hit hard by the betrayal of Prince Kael'thas, with the future of the country falling into his lap alone.

    As the regent lord of Quel'Thalas, Lor'themar has become highly versed in the world of politics, able to quickly deduce hidden meanings and often see through the masks of those within (and out of) his sphere of influence. Though authoritative (and not afraid to exert that authority), Lor'themar values the opinions of his advisors, in matters of state and beyond. The life of a politician is not something Lor'themar ever craved, however; ever the ranger at heart, Lor'themar enjoys a good fight.

    Lor'themar places the safety of Quel'Thalas and its people high above all else. Lor'themar's loyalty is clear in this regard: he will not suffer allies who would harm his people, and will not shy from negotiating with his enemies or plotting rebellion to secure his people a future.

    Though the burdens of leadership have weighed heavily on Lor'themar's shoulders in the wake of Prince Kael'thas' betrayal, under his leadership Quel'Thalas has survived many of its darkest days. He has resolved to see his people overcome their struggles, and lead them into a prosperous future.
    Last edited by Shadow the Edgehog; 2013-08-27 at 07:49 PM.

  5. #345
    Stood in the Fire Polltergeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Stratholme
    Posts
    441
    I'd be cool with him as warchief..But I can't imagine Sylvanas obeying him, I prefer someone else. Like Vol'jin(but that's so obvious that they might not even do it)or Sylvanas. But i don't think everyone agrees with her methods of rulling.
    Dot, Dot, Dot... Who's there ??

  6. #346
    It would be interesting if anything. He gets my vote.

  7. #347
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Polltergeist View Post
    I'd be cool with him as warchief..But I can't imagine Sylvanas obeying him, I prefer someone else. Like Vol'jin(but that's so obvious that they might not even do it)or Sylvanas. But i don't think everyone agrees with her methods of rulling.
    I don't agree... why? 2 reasons:

    first, Sylvanas can't be the warchief because she's not trusted by the rest of the horde

    second, Sylvanas would prefer Lorthemar than any other as the leader of the Horde, because she still see the BE as her people, remenber that she was the one who talked to Trall to let the Blood Elf into the Horde....

  8. #348
    I hope its not Vol'jin. He looks like someone shoved a couple of broken bicycle handlebars into his mouth and bashed his head bad, Not to mention the freakiest gross feet. Trolls are fucking weird.

  9. #349
    Mechagnome lupii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    second, Sylvanas would prefer Lorthemar than any other as the leader of the Horde, because she still see the BE as her people, remenber that she was the one who talked to Trall to let the Blood Elf into the Horde....

    This actually might give weight for Lor'themar to be warchief, because it will keep Sylvanas in line better than Garrosh ever could.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

  10. #350
    Pandaren Monk GreenFuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The States.
    Posts
    1,791
    I voted neutral but after reading some of the comments, I'm convinced. Let's put Lor'themar in charge.

    Maybe we can finally use flying mounts in the greater Silvermoon City metropolitan area.

  11. #351
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,759
    Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    This actually might give weight for Lor'themar to be warchief, because it will keep Sylvanas in line better than Garrosh ever could.
    Yeah, also... Lorthemar could easily get her to vote for him, if they have to chose a new warchief

  12. #352
    Mechagnome lupii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, also... Lorthemar could easily get her to vote for him, if they have to chose a new warchief
    Pretty much. But I also question Sylvanas in general, its not completely clear where Blizz wants her to end up as. She isn't the character that she was at the beginning of WoW and she seems to have actually deteriorated when Arthas died.

    ...Might wanna call it Maiev Syndrome.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

  13. #353
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,759
    Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    Pretty much. But I also question Sylvanas in general, its not completely clear where Blizz wants her to end up as. She isn't the character that she was at the beginning of WoW and she seems to have actually deteriorated when Arthas died.

    ...Might wanna call it Maiev Syndrome.
    Naaa, she hasn't gone as far as Maiev :P

  14. #354
    Mechagnome lupii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Naaa, she hasn't gone as far as Maiev :P
    Yet... /10chars
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

  15. #355
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,759
    Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    Yet... /10chars
    True, i hope she doesn't, reasons:

    1- I love Sylvanas, she's my favorite character... and not these's not FAVORITISM! ... :P

    2- Cause that means we will have to kill her... and we have kill her once (End time), saw her die 3 times (Warcraft 3 when arthas killed her, When was betrayed and shooted in the head and in Garrosh vision) and read how she died once (in her short story where she commits suicide)

  16. #356
    Elemental Lord Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    True, i hope she doesn't, reasons:

    1- I love Sylvanas, she's my favorite character... and not these's not FAVORITISM! ... :P

    2- Cause that means we will have to kill her... and we have kill her once (End time), saw her die 3 times (Warcraft 3 when arthas killed her, When was betrayed and shooted in the head and in Garrosh vision) and read how she died once (in her short story where she commits suicide)
    I am somewhat baffled, that she didn't start to train in order to become a lich, given her track record.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  17. #357
    If LT becomes Warchief, where will he be stationed? Orgrimmar? Then are they going to replace him in Silvermoon? Would be lame to have the same PvP boss in 2 locations. If he stays in Silvermoon with his people, does Silvermoon become the new capital? Then who is going to be the PvP boss in Orgrimmar?

    The easiest solution is make an Orc the new Warchief and copy/paste his abilities from Thrall or Garrosh for the PvP boss. Or just make it Thrall like they originally intended.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-27 at 08:15 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  18. #358
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If LT becomes Warchief, where will he be stationed? Orgrimmar? Then are they going to replace him in Silvermoon? Would be lame to have the same PvP boss in 2 locations. If he stays in Silvermoon with his people, does Silvermoon become the new capital? Then who is going to be the PvP boss in Orgrimmar?

    The easiest solution is make an Orc the new Warchief and copy/paste his abilities from Thrall or Garrosh for the PvP boss. Or just make it Thrall like they originally intended.
    Not really, just put him as warchief, and leave Rommath and Halduron as the leaders of Silvermoon...

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I am somewhat baffled, that she didn't start to train in order to become a lich, given her track record.
    Well, she's only really died 3 times (actual death, suicide, getting her head blown up).

    End Time wasn't even really her (it was an Echo), and the vision during Garrosh's fight is a what-if, likely part of the short story where the goblins go through the stories and end up in a "last stand" at Orgrimmar where everyone still left makes a last stand against Garrosh.

  20. #360
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I am somewhat baffled, that she didn't start to train in order to become a lich, given her track record.
    I personally haven't seen her do anything bad, the only bad thing that she have done is when she took Koltira to Undercity to take out his weakness, but in one way or another, Koltira deserved it cause thanks to his friendship with the alliance, many soldiers were dying and he was losing Andorhal

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Well, she's only really died 3 times (actual death, suicide, getting her head blown up).

    End Time wasn't even really her (it was an Echo), and the vision during Garrosh's fight is a what-if, likely part of the short story where the goblins go through the stories and end up in a "last stand" at Orgrimmar where everyone still left makes a last stand against Garrosh.
    True, but we have seen her death enought :P, even if those are just visions XD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •