View Poll Results: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Voters
819. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think Lor'themar Theron would make a fine Warchief. He's got my vote!

    304 37.12%
  • I'd be okay with it. Not the worst candidate.

    191 23.32%
  • I'm neutral on it. Don't care much either way, or am willing to let it slide, no worries.

    91 11.11%
  • No, I personally would not want him as Warchief.

    148 18.07%
  • This would be the worst decision ever! My rage will be felt on this!

    85 10.38%
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntzii View Post

    If you don't want to offend people, then keep your mouth shut. Because not only did you just bash anyone who actually like elves, you basically said anyone who's of LGBT population acts like a narcissistic flaming puffster.

    If you can't get it through your head that being narcissistic is NOT the same as being gay, and/or that all gay people don't act like flamers, then take the advice I'm sure your mom gave you. If you don't have anything nice to say, STFU.

    BTW, the 'all elves are gay' spiel is old and trite. Try being original instead of rehashing some crap that's TBC old.

    EDIT: In fact, going through your posting history was quite illuminating. Seems you have a history of being antagonistic, insulting and trolling.
    If you don't like joke and like to call people trolls, then you STFU, thanks. People can't make jokes these days, usually they are trolls. Thanks.

  2. #402
    If they make Lor'themar war chief or some kind of "head of the council" I think after 8 years on the horde Ill just roll an alliance toon and see where that takes me.

  3. #403
    Dreadlord Ciarán's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wandering Isle
    Posts
    776
    Blood Elves have no business in the Horde, just like the Forsaken. I have disliked both of them since the moment they were announced. I guess you can understand how I would feel about Lor'thewho becoming Warchief.

    Besides that, he was nothing until patch 5.1 and was suddenly built up to be something. Feels too much like Garrosh and his sudden rise. Even more than that, the guy actually tried to get into the Alliance in 5.1, so that makes him an even worse candidate.

  4. #404
    If Lor'themar becomes Warchief, which I'm 70% sure he will be. do you think he will reside at Silvermoon?


    Surely when he becomes Warchief then he'll need to be in a place at the center of the attention. And I don't think he will stay at Orgrimmar because that would make a BE the racial leader of Orcs and leaves SM leaderless, so will he go back to SM?

    the leader of the entire horde, residing in a place so far away from the iconic horde capital?


    -meditate on this-

  5. #405
    I know it will never happen but if he did then i'm behind this.

    Imagine all the benches he would flip. It would become a horde sport.

  6. #406
    Brewmaster Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rivenspire
    Posts
    1,496
    Soon enough we will finally find out who the warchief is... i just hope it's not someone from warcraft pop culture like gamon or an alliance leader, that would truly kill the game for me.

    Anyway back to lor'themar, i wonder what he will do regarding the kirin tor and the prisoners they still hold, maybe varian will let them go ?

    But most of all...i can't wait to see jaina's reaction when he is named warchief, Mwahahahahaha! I'm half expecting her to outright attack varian in rage if he names lor'themar warchief and demands that jaina release her prisoners.

  7. #407
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    at least vol'jin understands about living rough, warfare and has some small degree of political understanding. He's a better combination then someone who can't even stand bad smells.
    Then I dont think you've read alot what happend in the last patches just because he is a blood elf isn't it?

    Hes imo the only 1 who came with a plan a strategy.


  8. #408
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Blood Elves have no business in the Horde, just like the Forsaken.
    Just like the Tauren.
    Just like the Trolls.
    Just like the Pandaren.
    Just like the Goblins.

    How about we kick the Orcs out of the Horde and start a new faction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    If you think the Horde needs diplomacy then you're playing the wrong game. There's a reason the highest leader is called Warchief and not Diplomat.
    What do you think this is, World of Peacecraft?
    Warchief is a title, not a job description

  9. #409
    I'd love him as a warchief, though, the title would need to change, seeing as how that is more of an Orc leadership title. Blood Elves have always been good at politics, and he seems to have emissaries that can talk to Varian, I can see him being warchief and then one day brokering a truce with Auldiun against the Legion.

  10. #410
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,109
    Of the various contenders i can predict what my emotional reaction would be

    Vol'Jin: "Meh, yeah, obviously whatever, ok. That make sense'
    Baine: "Seriously i don't even know or care who this punk is"
    Lor'Themar: "Whoa, Blizzard, look at you taking the unexpected choice, i'm impressed"
    Sylvanas: "Dafuq you thinking?! I, mean, I love Sylvanas, but b*tch be cray-cray!"
    Saurfang: "Who? Oh... Really? Well, I suppose it's ok, I guess."
    Rexxar: "HAH!, I used to BE Rexxar"

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    If that's the crux of your argument then your reasoning for Lor'themar being Warchief is no better-- no, it's actually worse than the reasons people think he shouldn't be.
    It's not, nor has it been. It's a point against Vol'jin though.

    2. Not wanting power can also mean being lax in authority and allowing your subordinates to run the show. That is not automatically a good trait.
    Except Lor'themar hasn't been like that so, yeah.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Just like the Tauren.
    Just like the Trolls.
    Just like the Pandaren.
    Just like the Goblins.

    How about we kick the Orcs out of the Horde and start a new faction?
    Exactly. Orcs have been proven to be subject to being power mad and easily corruptible. They've displayed a complete lack of ability to learn from their past.

  12. #412
    This joke is getting way too far!

    This guy was nobody for a long time. He had his moment in Isle of Thunder and suddenly people are like "He would the best wurchief evah!". He did nothing for the Horde, he was basicly absent for most of the time, He even wanted to get back to the Alliance for crying out loud.

    That is the worst warchief idea ever for my taste, I rolled the horde to be part of tribal society not Alliance 2.0 ruled by pinkskin pixie.

    I'll accepty any orc, I'll accept Baine, and I'll accept Vol'Jin.

    BUT Any Elf or Gallywix is huge No-No-NO! For me

    This guy would be good leader for blood elves only, he have no idea about Horde politics, he wasn't there when Horde was found, he stays away from traditions that are important to 3 core races (orcs, tauren, trolls), he never was part of any debate or action in the name of the Horde.
    He don't consider himself as part with the nation, he don't get it at all, he is there because he has to. His negotations with Wrynn got sabotaged, and he had to suck it up and stay with Horde.

    That's horrible choice. I'd rather for Mankrik to rule the Horde. Or Gamon. But not this traitor that is switching sides as it's convenient for him.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Garrosh did what he had to do for the Horde. Had the rest of the Horde not been so blind, he would have conquered Azeroth already.
    Who's to say the Horde wants to conquer Azeroth? I'd go so far as to say the opposite, most of the Horde just wants to live peacefully. It's the whole reason the Horde as we know it today exists. That's why Lor'themar, being so capable of diplomacy, is the perfect choice for Warchief right now.

  14. #414
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Laorenshu View Post
    Who's to say the Horde wants to conquer Azeroth? I'd go so far as to say the opposite, most of the Horde just wants to live peacefully. It's the whole reason the Horde as we know it today exists. That's why Lor'themar, being so capable of diplomacy, is the perfect choice for Warchief right now.
    there are likely a multitude of opinions among various members of the horde regarding the Horde's position in Azeroth, though i think it would be foolish to even try to concquer Azeroth.

  15. #415
    Warchief Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    I disagree; I feel that if you read his lore, from being a high ranking veteran of the 2nd and 3rd wars, to his diplomacy and making some tough decisions; he has done more fighting and bloodshed, and more diplomacy and decision making than Vol'Jin ever has.
    And this is the reason i wouldn't be surprised if he was indeed considered for the mantle of Warchief. but the Orcs would still need a racial leader, under the Warchief.
    Disclaimer: The majority of my posts might be dripping in sarcasm. Don't take everything I say literally.




  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    Blood Elves have no business in the Horde, just like the Forsaken. I have disliked both of them since the moment they were announced. I guess you can understand how I would feel about Lor'thewho becoming Warchief.

    Besides that, he was nothing until patch 5.1 and was suddenly built up to be something. Feels too much like Garrosh and his sudden rise. Even more than that, the guy actually tried to get into the Alliance in 5.1, so that makes him an even worse candidate.
    I agree.

    Jaina's actions have effectively alienated the Blood Elves (through the Sunreavers) from the Alliance. The Blood Elves and their inherent refinement have never really fit in with the "tribal" "classic" image of the brutish Horde.

    It seems they have always been stuck between a rock and a hard place, with no real place in world politics.

    I'd like to see them become or return to a Switzerland like role. Either that, or Jaina is held accountable for her actions, and the Blood Elves are "allowed" into the Alliance. Something I personally wouldn't really have a problem with, as much as I don't really care for the stereotypical player base of the Alliance.

    As for the Forsaken, as much as I love their lore, and as much as I Love Sylvannas, I view them as essentially a rogue nation like North Korea.

    I think the plain ol "two diametrically opposed factions" based world is rather stale. I'd like to mix it up in the ways above.

  17. #417
    High Overlord Dragger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    116
    Warchief Varok Saurfang.

    "Without its master's command, the restless orcs will become an even greater threat to this world."

    "Control, must be maintained. There must always be.... an orc Warchief!

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    BUT Any Elf or Gallywix is huge No-No-NO!
    Gallywix would just buy out the alliance and end the war, though.

  19. #419

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    Like a broken record...

    Lor'themar has had involvement since his appearance in WoW, moreso than Vol'jin or Cairne ever did in the first two expansions. Most people knew who he was, and it was a joke not an actual thing where people didn't know who he was unless you were new to WoW or something.
    Nope. Since TBC he had this very brief appearance in MoP. While Vol'Jin had been developed since the WotLK (Reclaiming Echo isles, and he was at the sige of Undercity, to take care of the rest while Thrall Sylvanas, player and Kor'Kron unit went inside).

    Baine started off in Cata and he had been also developed gradualy.

    Lord Who? was very good term because he literally was nobody, for a long time.


    How do you know he couldn't govern the other races of the Horde? Does Vol'jin know? Does Baine? Garrosh had like one campaign before Thrall thought he was ready, and Thrall himself had barely any experience leading an army let alone an entire people when he became Warchief. People think Rexxar and Baine are good choices because they're ugly and savage, despite having little to no experience in leading anyone, much less the Horde.
    That's also very incorrect Statement since both Baine and Vol'Jin had been with Horde since it's been found. Baine was also mentioned in Warcraft 3 if I remember Correctly. Vol'jin for years was Thrall's right hand. He was sending his people to aid the Horde. So at each Horde outpost each horde's base you saw both orcs and trolls. You enter the Dark portal and you see orcs and trolls, you enter Thrallmall you see orc and troll grunts. in Northrend Kor'Kron troops has not only orcs but Trolls and Tauren aswell. Bainse is following his father, he is sending his people to Pandaria, he is creating his own troops in form of Sunwalkers, while Vol'Jin formed Siame Quasi.

    Vol'Jin was very active since Cata, and whatever he attended he was successful in it.
    1) he reclaimed echo isles
    2) he stopped Zandalari while having very little resources, when everyone else were busy with something else.
    3) he is the leader of rebelion.

    So I have no idea why people call him incopetent if so far whatever he attended he was succesful with it.

    When it comes to revolution, you guys have to keep in mind that all the power Horde has is within the Garrosh's grasp. Vol'Jin has very little resources compared to Garrosh. But when combining all other Horde's forces and Alliance counterattack, Rebelion has huge chance of being successful aswell.
    And mind you- he is the one that currently is giving the orders.

    And it is important to keep Horde's spirit. Horde always had and should have savage tune within it. That wat makes it different from the Alliance. Otherwise it would be boring as hell if we would have 2 barely different faction fighting against each other.


    Lor'themar and the blood elves have also lived a harsher life in the last decade than the orcs, trolls, and tauren ever have. Could they survive having 90% of their race butchered by the Scourge, persecuted by Alliance racists that almost executed the rest of their race, betrayed by their prince and forced into a civil war, forced into a war with the Lich King right after, then having to deal with a Warchief that persecuted them just as much as the Alliance did?
    You see Blood elves ended in this situation purely as a result of thier own doings. If they stayed loyal to Alliance and actually helped them, there wouldn't be such a tragic outcome. But blood elves are convenient egoists who only do anything as it's beneficial and convenient for them. They can only blame themselves for picking bad decisions. While the Horde always was sticking together no matter how shitty situation was, no matter how little they were, together they were creating something strong, they were joined by shamanistic roots, culture based on spirits, ancestors, and elements. Darkspears had extremely hard life before meeting Thrall, so don't go around telling that only belves are the only tragic figures here.

    Lor'themar wanted to leave Garrosh's Horde, not the Horde he originally joined. If you forgot, Vol'jin wanted to leave the Horde since the beginning of Cataclysm until Thrall convinced him not to. Lor'themar does whatever he can to help his people, that doesn't include staying in a Horde that uses them like tissue paper.
    Leaving Horde, and plotting to join Horde's enemy are two different things. Vol'jin spent almost half of his life as one of the Horde's founders, he was against Garrosh, but he cared to deeply doe Horde, it was as much his creation as was Thrall's and Cairne's, they were brothers after all, those bounds cannot be that easily shattered. While Blood elves joined Horde becuase it was convenient for them, they shared nothing with other races of the Horde, they used to be mortal enemies previously. So it makes even less sense. Theron did nothing for the Horde, he was absent for a really long time. And he was seeking aoudience with Wrynn in hope of rejoining Alliance. there were no ties for him, he did no investment, he had no real bounds here apparently. so he wanted to join other more civilized party.

    Vol'Jin despite the fact that his people were equally bad treatened, stayed in, and prepared revolution. He is the one who wants to stop the bloodshed, and Garrosh.
    There's no reason you give why he wouldn't be a good warchief other than 'he just wouldn't do a good job '. I'm really curious to see who YOU would select as Warchief.
    Because he really woudn't do a job. He is traitor, he can be good leader for blood elves, but he is not solid at all. He did nothing for the Horde, he don't get the Horde, and he is stuck there just because that's all he have right now. You can't revard such a person by giving him such a power. That's an absurd.

    Who would I see? Deffinietly not him, deffinietly not Sylvanas and not Gallywix. I'm ok with Any Orc whater it is Saurfang, Nazgrim, Thrall, Eitrig's son or whatever, I'm ok with Vol'Jin becase he proved that he is the guy who cares deeply for horde (not only for his tribe), and he is not found of Alliance. Baine, becuase he also seems to be level-headed man, who makes his own decisions. But those are my pics purely for the sake of keepin's horde's spirit. And as much as am Troll fan, I'd still like to keep Orcs in power. Horde should stay the way it is.

    But seriously If you want belf for warchief, then why don't you reroll alliance? Anyone who is ok with it, clearly don't get the Horde at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destian View Post
    Gallywix would just buy out the alliance and end the war, though.
    I think it would be other way around. Gallywix would sell the Horde, and the war would be over :P

  20. #420
    Scarab Lord Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    4,890
    I don't have any feelings on it since it will never happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •