View Poll Results: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Voters
819. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think Lor'themar Theron would make a fine Warchief. He's got my vote!

304 37.12%
  • I'd be okay with it. Not the worst candidate.

191 23.32%
  • I'm neutral on it. Don't care much either way, or am willing to let it slide, no worries.

91 11.11%
  • No, I personally would not want him as Warchief.

148 18.07%
  • This would be the worst decision ever! My rage will be felt on this!

85 10.38%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The best leaders are often the reluctant ones, the ones who don't want to do it, but know what has to be done for the good of their people. Most people forget that being a leader is a servile role.
    Oh aye I agree with that, and as you said, with the history Lor'themar has behind his buckle due to what happened to his people he surely is more prepared for leading, even if he doesn't want to admit that. It was really refreshing to see him take action at Isle of Thunder.

I love the idea of redoing Silvermoon aswell, maybe at some point they could actually make the area the scar left behind Silvermoon's walls habitable.

Heres hoping that they open Draenei and Blood elf starting zones to flying mounts, it's quite funny that at some parts of Eversong there is invisible objects in the air that I've hit when jumping just from ground level, and also showing me that I can mount up on a flying mount too.

I would love it if Lor'themar became the next warchief, especially if that meant Silvermoon being updated and becoming the new Horde hub city.

Dreadlord
    Speaking as an Alliance player, I would feel really weird about it. I mean, he lives further from the rest of the Horde than even Sylvanas. Granted, all I know about him is his involvement with the Isle of Thunder assault.
    Arguing with other internet users is just marginally more productive than counting the ants in your garden.

Vol'jin for the win.

Nope, cuz Warchief is an orc title, for the orc leader which will have to be replaced, and not by another racial leader.
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

Holding Gamon as captive inside Orgrimmar's inn.
    Every warchief so far has been an Orc and I think that it should stay that way!

Hes the best candidate in the Horde right now. That traitor Thrall can stay away.

I don't think it will be Lor'themar, it'll probably another orc.
    [/URL]

Sadly blizzard seems to have bought into the nonsense that a warchief will have to be an orc.

And forum posters didn't help this stupid prospect. Which basically leaves us with a pretty damn limited pool of potentials.

If they make blood elf male a new "warchief" of the horde, me and my Undead friends are rerolling Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Hes the best candidate in the Horde right now. That traitor Thrall can stay away.
    How can you call Thrall a traitor? He didn't betray anyone...

I would really like it! First of all because I'm a huge Blood Elf-fan, and secondly, he proved his capabilities multiple times in this expansion. I really like the guy.
    There is also something nice in the two factions having humanoid leaders (no racism here, I mean the structure and personalities of the characters).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    How about Grom's spirit returns to strike the final blow but slips on a goblin oil slick and accidentally decapitates a passing Cenarius.

I'd be insulted if he wasnt!

Okay...but seriosuly I would love for him to be warchief.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

I can see this working as a temporary storyline.

Change the name of the Horde into: "Sindorei's Horde" for the duration. Have Orgrimmar somewhat sacked, most of it's functionality destroyed/removed after the Siege on Orgrimmar and turn Silvermoon into the new central hub for the "Horde" for the duration of the next expansion and the duration of Lor'themar's rule as Warchief.

This would open the door for a very Blood Elf focussed storyline development for the next expansion. And looking back at TFT and TBC the blood elves and their lore were one of the most favoured races. It would bring back a touch of that WC3 and TBC feeling., which really is the Midas' touch for WoW as far as I'm concerned.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Sadly blizzard seems to have bought into the nonsense that a warchief will have to be an orc.

And forum posters didn't help this stupid prospect. Which basically leaves us with a pretty damn limited pool of potentials.
    It's like a tradition in Warcraft. And I personally think that it should stay that way.

I think Lor'themar would make a decent and interesting warchief---but heres the only thing that really kind of makes me wonder.

I know that Garrosh didnt really stop Sylvanas from raising up humans, and keeping the valk'yr, and all her other little hobbies she got into after Wolk, but he did set her straight with how he felt about them, and her. He made it clear that he had her number and was watching her--and also didnt respect those tactics (one of the few times i really kinda miss pre-sha Garrosh--that was a great moment for him. That and when he wouldnt back up Magatha when she took over TB, that note he wrote her was priceless). We have no idea if his attitude about that may have curbed some of her behavior, but she knew she had to watch her step.

Would she respect Lor'themar the same way? or just ignore his wishes and do what she pleased? Even though Silvermoon is so much closer to the Undercity than Orgrimmar, does he have that in him, and how would it play out?
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    To be honest, the worst thing about Horde archetecture is how incredibly ineffective and easily destroyed it is. To take out an alliance fortress you need siege weapons and spies. To take out a Horde fortress you need some torches and a book to read while it all burns down.

The Blood Elves overall just don't fit the Horde. I mean I can see them as part of it, as an Alliance of convenience, but I can't see them leading it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*

Quote Originally Posted by The plumber View Post
    It's like a tradition in Warcraft. And I personally think that it should stay that way.
    And about the only orc that has never screwed that up that's an orc is Thra...Oh wait, he gave the mantle away to an idiot so he doesn't count either. See a pattern? Give an orc a leadership position and eventually they will screw things up.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    This would open the door for a very Blood Elf focussed storyline development for the next expansion.
    because they already havent had plenty of development?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Have Orgrimmar somewhat sacked,
    dont you dare touch the most badass city of the Horde
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Worst decision Blizzard could possibly make. It wouldn't even feel like good story, it'd feel like catering to the Horde's majority player race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

- Manakin.