Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It'd be a whole lot better and more interesting than Vol'jin. I'm pretty sure a Warchief should at least wear shoes. And the new throne room will be so FABULOUS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    And about the only orc that has never screwed that up that's an orc is Thra...Oh wait, he gave the mantle away to an idiot so he doesn't count either. See a pattern? Give an orc a leadership position and eventually they will screw things up.
    Oh so Blood elfs never had screw ups? What about Keal'thas Sunstrider? What did he do? Similar to what Garrosh did.

Look I just care about future subscriptions for WoW because I want WoW to succeed and not lose players, I want to be able to play this game for the rest of my life and look back nostalgically. Having a Blood Elf as faction leader would just hurt first impressions of what the story of Warcraft is about. People would think its a game centered around fashion, living lavish and Ru Paul.

Expansion leak? can i get a source, haven't seen this leak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The plumber View Post
    Oh so Blood elfs never had screw ups? What about Keal'thas Sunstrider? What did he do? Similar to what Garrosh did.
    Nope, Garrosh did it solo. Kael'thas pretty much followed the leader. Plus that was only one compared to....4 or 5 leaders of the orcs that screwed up?
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    After almost 9 years of focussing on the "Orc/Troll/Tauren brutish / shamanistic" type of Horde, I guess it would makes sense to give people a taste of something new instead, a Blood Elf centered faction instead for a while.
    Burning Crusade already focused heavily on the elves
    And the brutish/savage vibe has always been part of the Horde, its part of their identity
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    Expansion leak? can i get a source, haven't seen this leak
    It's fake. The person who wrote it wrote complete bull***t. He did a leak for MoP last year and everything he wrote there was 90% fake and didn't happen.
    Last edited by mmocebf671b2e5; 2013-08-25 at 09:07 PM.

"I'd be okay with it. Not the worst candidate." is what I went with, I can see how he could be good for the horde.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, Garrosh did it solo. Kael'thas pretty much followed the leader.
    eh?
    Both of their stories are similar in the overall.
    Well intentioned leader, starts using darker powers to achieve those aims, then they get darker and darker.........then boom raid boss
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Nope, Garrosh did it solo. Kael'thas pretty much followed the leader. Plus that was only one compared to....4 or 5 leaders of the orcs that screwed up?
    You obviously don't know about the WoW's lore and who Keal'thas was. Kael'thas was the leader of the blood elves back then.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Plus that was only one compared to....4 or 5 leaders of the orcs that screwed up?
    Well what exatcly entails as screwing up?
    Is Doomhammer a screw up for losing the Second War? Then that makes the previous Sunstrider a screw up for losing against the Scourge. Or others screws up for having to turn to humans for help against trolls way back in the day

I would really like to see Lor'themar as Warchief, at least temporally because he is the best indicated at organizing the horde as a strong faction. It would make the Forsaken take a more important role inside the horde since Sylvanas was once one of them and I do think she would respect Lor'themar at least more than Garrosh. Even the tauren, trolls and orcs respect him making things easier.
    He wouldn´t have to be Warchief permenantly, he would just help uniting the horde until someone more capable for the mantle appears. I just don't see Vol'Jin fixing all the mess in an organised way. Doesn´t mean he is not capable of being Warchief at some point.
    Last edited by Abeto; 2013-08-25 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    I think there's a cool idea that can be done with this.

Let's say Lor'themar is Warchief, he's not going to sit in Orgrimmar, why should he? New orc leader gets placed there, say Saurfang is now "Lord of the Clans", the changes in the later patch are made to reflect that Orgrimmar is no longer "THE" Horde capital, rather it's "A" Horde capital. Similar thing happens in Stormwind, they finally repair the park and the docks after 5.4.

OK so Lor'themar is back in Silvermoon? Warchief in title only? Well since the Warchief is now in Silvermoon, this gives Blizzard the opportunity to revamp Silvermoon. Take back a larger chunk of the city, make it a flying zone, put in teleporters that go direct to Orgrimmar, have it set up for something big... Yup! The base of operations for the Horde side "Army of Light", and the main city for the Burning Legion expansion.

But wait, what about Alliance? Well, guess what? The Exodar is already fixed, it's overdue for a makeover too! Have it floating in the air like Tempest Keep, redo the layout a bit to make it more attractive for Alliance players, make it a fly zone, put in a teleporter to Stormwind, and have Anduin be relocated there to represent the Alliance side "Army of Light" alongside Velen.

This would be super sweet!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    What's wrong with Vol'jin mon?
    When someone hates Vol'jin, the problem isn't with the son of Sen'Jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I would never trust him, the blood elves are a bad choice for leader.

A tauren would be a better leader more in line with Thrall, and less likely to turn into another Garrosh. Baine is a far better choice for a level headed leader to push the horde into a new dawn.
    Indeed.
    I mean, just recently they asked to join the alliance again... Sneaky bastards!

To all who think a Blood Elf warchief won't happen...

Blood Elves have been by far the most populous Horde race for years now. It makes sense if for that reason alone... Make the largest number happy.

Plus he's the only one with any balls to keep the alliance war going. Tauren are hippies. Trolls voted for Obama. Goblins are in it for the booty. Orcs had their chance and are hella boring. Pandaran makes the least sense. Undead have a leader and she would not be a Warchief.

Lor'themar is the next Warchief, regardless of that BS 4chan "leak".
    Last edited by LookingGlass; 2013-08-25 at 09:19 PM.

Not my first choice, I would like to see Sylvanas as the new Horde Leader, but since that is kind of impossible to happen, Lor'themar is a good choice...Something diferent...

At the end of the day, I think the Horde needs to retain somewhat a tribal theme in order to remain a...horde, and Lor'themar just isn't conducive to that. While he, and the Blood Elves, could become more tribal, that would be a long process that shouldn't start with Lor'themar becoming Warchief.

What I would like to see is Lor'themar earn a place of honor in the Horde. Perhaps he could even be the one to nominate the person who becomes the next Warchief.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd feel weird. not many years ago, sylvanas was lorthemar's boss as a ranger. to see her obeying him would be just sad lol
    Since when does Sylvanas obey the Warchief?