Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't really see it happening.

Deleted
    It seems weird at first since the Horde is still in many minds the group of 'savage beasts', but when you think about it, it makes actually some sense. The Horde is composed of many factions and sub-factions now. Forsaken, Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Goblins, Blood Elves and Pandaren. Each of these brought their own unique ideology and history with them and had to get along. It's not unthinkable that the Horde of these many races was pushed to the back due to how Blizzard told their story recently with Garrosh.

Lor'themar formerly fought with the Alliance for the big wars and as such has some respect and pull among them, though he is clearly no politican he knows nontheless how the Alliance works internally. He also respects the Horde formed during the Third War and is respected in turn by the other leaders. He is neither a Warmonger nor is he as passive and peace loving as Thrall was. And he is probably one of the few people who can actually reason with Sylvanas at this point, not to mention solve the mess with Jaina. He isn't one who likes to lead passively, he likes to be on the frontlines and take care of his people.

He'd probably make a good leader for the Horde in the coming times, but I think a lot of people would perceive it as weird.

Vol'jin on the other hand is too old and too much the old Horde. Baine is too young, while wise.

Putting Lor'themar into the Warchief position until Baine is olderish and more experienced might be a good decision here.

Or Gamon for Warchief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    At the end of the day, I think the Horde needs to retain somewhat a tribal theme in order to remain a...horde, and Lor'themar just isn't conducive to that. While he, and the Blood Elves, could become more tribal, that would be a long process that shouldn't start with Lor'themar becoming Warchief.

What I would like to see is Lor'themar earn a place of honor in the Horde. Perhaps he could even be the one to nominate the person who becomes the next Warchief.
    I don't think that Blood Elves will ever become tribal simply because they don't have shamanistic ways, they don't have a spiritual leader they never had one and I don't think that they ever will and they have more arcane and paladin ways just like the Alliance than shamanistic ways.

after attempting to negotiate with alliance about joining them I can't take any speculations about the belves' "leader" to become warchief of the horde seriously. even sylvanas would make more sense to me but I'm still confident it will be thrall/vol'jin/baine.

if I wasn't poor I'd make my pala a tuaren instead of belf. luckily it's my 3rd char atm so cba. I'll just use tmorph or something meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Since when does Sylvanas obey the Warchief?
    technically, she's supposed to lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The plumber View Post
    I don't think that Blood Elves will ever become tribal simply because they don't have shamanistic ways
    ai, Horde races (orcs, trolls, tauren) are much more tribal, while the Elves are more 'advanced' or 'civilized'
    Looking at Ogrimmar you get the feeling of brutish, rugged
    While looking at Silvermoon you get the feeling of majestic
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I would hate him to be warchief...still better choice than vol'jin though >.<

Also in the past ie. tbc-cata he was just sylvanas's errand boy , we haven't see a really dominant moment where he has stood up to her I'm pretty sure if he got to be warchief sylvanas would pull the ghostlands/ getting them accepted into the horde cards.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-08-25 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    I think the Warchief should always be an Orc, so I wouldn't be happy with this. The game is still at the core Orcs vs Humans (Blizzard have said so on multiple occasions), not Elves vs Humans.

I think it'd be a fantastic idea because a) he could be written as someone who has a bit more cleverness than 'me ork me smash', and b) the horde fanboys would have an absolute meltdown, thus making for some entertaining reading.

from a lore perspective prior to MoP events, it doesn't make sense. however, from the build-up he got in MoP, i guess it wouldn't be surprising. if it does become fact, i think it's just blizzard's way of retcon'ing horde so the pretty and the popular race is in charge and draws in more people to the game. despite all the hate on forums, BE's are the most played race on horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    At the end of the day, I think the Horde needs to retain somewhat a tribal theme in order to remain a...horde, and Lor'themar just isn't conducive to that. While he, and the Blood Elves, could become more tribal, that would be a long process that shouldn't start with Lor'themar becoming Warchief.

What I would like to see is Lor'themar earn a place of honor in the Horde. Perhaps he could even be the one to nominate the person who becomes the next Warchief.
    Funny, since the only races that can really claim a tribal theme anymore are tauren and trolls. Have you seen Orgrimmar since the update? The orcs are an industrial juggernaut now. But yea, let's forget that the Horde is a coalition of multiple races with different cultures and beliefs and JUST focus on the ones that we still fondly remember from Warcraft 3. I'm also not sure as to why the Warchief is suddenly the role model of the Horde. No one considered Garrosh to be their true warchief and no one adopted his ideals so why shouldn't it be the same here? I don't see why suddenly the Horde would have less of a "tribal theme" if their leader was an elf. Have Forsaken players every considered Thrall or Garrosh as the representative of their culture? No, they've always looked to Sylvanas as the representative of their race. When people look at Varian do they see gnomes, dwarves, night elves, worgen, and draenei? No, they see the human leader, who is also the de facto leader of the Alliance, which also holds these other races. And so on and so forth. What? Is everyone that afraid of Lor'Themar giving all the cities and races a Silvermoon makeover?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be fantastic! Lore-wise it would be the better choice as well. But I seriously doubt it will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    is this not the same guy that was considering leaving the horde and rejoining the alliance? If so it wouldnt make a whole lot of sense for him to go from that line of thinking to warchief.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

hate it. hes another poorly fleshed out character with one shitty questline in-game. even garrosh had TWO questlines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most played because most of the people who play them are actually Justin Bieber fans and like "pretty things". I still think that it was a mistake that they were even allowed to join the Horde, the Horde is all about brutality, rage and total ugliness. Even though that the Blood elves are evil lore-wise, they still don't belong in the Horde. That's my opinion.
    Yes. Every person who plays a Blood Elf is a Justin Bieber fan, and likes "pretty things". There is no way anyone could possibly actually like blood elf lore, and actually prefer them over orcs or trolls and still be sane, or, not an 11 year old girl.

Jesus Christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would cry with joy if Lor'themar was Warchief. I've been telling everyone that I think it will be him and they try to crush my dreams. No way, I'm sticking by my belief. Time to bring some order to the Horde.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    Yes. Every person who plays a Blood Elf is a Justin Bieber fan, and likes "pretty things". There is no way anyone could possibly actually like blood elf lore, and actually prefer them over orcs or trolls and still be sane, or, not an 11 year old girl.

Jesus Christ.
    I never wrote that every person who plays a Blood elf is all of that, but the majority are. Please, don't exaggerate my words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Nope.

As I said on the other thread, its the equivalent of sticking a white american socialite in charge of Afghanistan. Lor'themar belongs in his own kingdom, not becoming wrapped up in politics with every member of the horde, especially those on kalimdor.
    The Horde hasn't been too big on politics, not until Vol'jin was stabbed in the back (well front, but whatever). Really Horde politics is just having a powerful person in charge that they can rally behind. Lor'themar is an excellent commander and he is very smart. I think the Horde might be sick of the whole "savage angry people" thing by now, at least I'd hope so.

- - - Updated - - -

I never wrote that every person who plays a Blood elf is all of that, but the majority are. Please, don't exaggerate my words.
    Not anymore bub, you're living in the Wrath/TBC days. I've found that more and more people have stopped caring about that "Pansies play Blood Elves" stereotype. I know plenty of "manly men" who play Blood Elves. I play Blood Elves and I think I'm a regular enough person?
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

10+ Year Old Account
    I never wrote that every person who plays a Blood elf is all of that, but the majority are.
    No. They really are not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post
    No. They really are not.
    Okay, I'm not going to argue with you. After all it's pointless to argue with an idiot because he would always think that he's right.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-08-25 at 10:18 PM.