10+ Year Old Account

Challenge Mode trinkets, dps

I'm looking to start with the challenge modes, which trinkets are the best for dps and which spec should i run with as dk.

armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A0wk/advanced

I might hold of until i get the legendary cloak for the proc on them.
    Last edited by Blade Wolf; 2013-08-25 at 09:09 PM.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The legendary cloak proc likely will not work. Set bonuses, the 500 stat gems, and Legendary Meta gems all do not work in CM's.

Edit: Trinkets won't really matter too much, you already have a lot of sockets on your gear which is a huge boost. I did them last november in mostly blues / msv epics. If I recall correctly I used the DMF strength trinket and lei shens final orders from will of the emp. I would also recommend going 2H frost or DW frost if it stays as is next patch, most of the time is eaten with AoE'ing huge trash pulls.
    Last edited by Criptos; 2013-08-25 at 10:20 PM.

Trinkets are your biggest DPS contributer in Challenge Modes.

I run with Relic of Xuen and Fabled Feather.

On lust bosses with army, I do anywhere from 160-200k DPS. Not burst. I actually end the fight there. (inb4 someone says that's impossible in 463)

P.S. Alot of people still play Frost in CMs. It was good last tier. Unholy is king now, for sure. Ghoul cleave damage is insane on 3-4 targets and Blood Boil+dot damage is very good on more than that. Single target is also very LORD.
    Last edited by Dossou; 2013-08-28 at 07:22 AM.

Just a note- ICD trinkets such as Relic of Xuen and Lei Shen's Final Orders will have an increased ICD in Patch 5.4.

Lei Shen's Final Orders, for example, went from 45 seconds to 55 seconds: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=87072

Trinkets with a 105 second ICD also went to 115 seconds (following the same rule as the SoO trinkets).

Obviously this doesn't mean much when raiding and taking ilvl into consideration, but it is definitely something to consider for Challenge Modes.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Trinkets are your biggest DPS contributer in Challenge Modes.

I run with Relic of Xuen and Fabled Feather.

On lust bosses with army, I do anywhere from 160-200k DPS. Not burst. I actually end the fight there. (inb4 someone says that's impossible in 463)

P.S. Alot of people still play Frost in CMs. It was good last tier. Unholy is king now, for sure. Ghoul cleave damage is insane on 3-4 targets and Blood Boil+dot damage is very good on more than that. Single target is also very LORD.
    While this may be true now frost while certainly become the better CM spec come next patch with the large buffs coming their way, when I did them on my DK I used relic and Lei Shens final orders, if you're not an alchemist they are probably the best, RPPM trinkets aren't great with the nerfed ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    Just a note- ICD trinkets such as Relic of Xuen and Lei Shen's Final Orders will have an increased ICD in Patch 5.4.

Lei Shen's Final Orders, for example, went from 45 seconds to 55 seconds: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=87072

Trinkets with a 105 second ICD also went to 115 seconds (following the same rule as the SoO trinkets).

Obviously this doesn't mean much when raiding and taking ilvl into consideration, but it is definitely something to consider for Challenge Modes.
    This is important info. thanks for posting magdalena
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    While this may be true now frost while certainly become the better CM spec come next patch with the large buffs coming their way, when I did them on my DK I used relic and Lei Shens final orders, if you're not an alchemist they are probably the best, RPPM trinkets aren't great with the nerfed ilvl
    Feather doesn't have a reduced proc rate in Challenge Modes because of it's ilevel, but indirectly because of lower haste levels. It still procs a ton but I haven't played my DK in a while in Challenge Modes. I think Unholy will still be very good because of the 15% strength buff.

Do remember that Feather won't double dip into Haste next patch, meaning that its proc rate won't be influenced by Haste any longer. Its base proc rate will be doubled, but its duration will also be reduced to 10 seconds.
    The Haste change is an actual nerf, while the duration/proc rate changes cancel each other out mathematically (situationally, I think it might still be a nerf).
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...