2013 US Open (Tennis)

What's up guys. Tomorrow marks the start of the last Grand Slam of the year, the United States Open. It's in New York, and, *looks at my location* I bought some tickets for the Men's Quarterfinals. Let's see what happens.

I'm rooting for Serena as usual for womens.
    Mens can go either way, Djokovic, Murray, or Nadal. Federer fell down in ranks, possibility he could make a comeback.

Hopefully Venus will come through and make a comeback, she's trying to return to No. 2 under Serena, if her injuries let her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping Murray has another great major.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Hoping Murray has another great major.
    Same here.

I want my Federer to win.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and of course Serena.

I love the US Open and the night matches are my favorite Always wanted to go there.

It's tough to pick a favorite but I do love to watch Del Potro play and I hope he does well. Nadal has looked really good coming into the Open as well. Either way, I hope Del Potro, Murray, Djokovic, Federer and Nadal make it deep into the tourny because they're always good matches when they play each other

Ya I'm going to a night match KUKUKUKU.

Venus is about the get knocked out by this Chinese lady. Zzz.

Laura Robson won her match 6:4 7:6

Venus came back to the almost VERY closest possible ending and still lost. I'm sad.

Anyone seeing this Isner vs Monfils match? A US crowd cheering for Monfils and against the #1 American!? I like Monfils too, it's just crazy. It's a great match though.

Time to put the earplugs in for those horrid female screeching matches

I can't even fucking watch today because the games are on CBS and Time Warner Cable is in a fight with CBS so I can't watch it.......................................

Federer lost. Nadal isn't in great shape but let's see.

- - - Updated - - -

Ferrer moves on!

- - - Updated - - -

Rafael won. More than likely ill be seeing that World 19 guy who beat Federer vs. Nadal. Probably?

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm I was doing some projections. More than likely I'll be seeing Murray's match, which is cool because he won last year I guess. Or Djokovic which is cool because he's badass.

- - - Updated - - -

Serena Williams is MURDERING this spanish rank 18 lady.

Djokovic won.

Andy Murray is playing next.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna see the exhibition match between some old ladies and some comedians and Djovokic vs. World 21 guy tomorrow.

Not Andy Murray.

- - - Updated - - -

Rafa is schooling this guy.

Just thought I'd look at the BBC live text feed, totally not expecting to see "0:6 0:1". Nadal only dropped 5 points in that first set.

Can't believe Murray lost lol. I was in school and didn't get to watch it.

But then, I went to see the night match. Exhibition match first, was a couple of comedians I don't remember vs. Monica Seles and a Chris Evert, and then I saw Djokovic win in 4 sets. (I was so tired lol, thank god match was quick. It was 2.5 hours or so, if it was a 4-5 hour match I'd be DYING.)

Seeing it live was really cool lol. I didn't really miss the commenters as much as I would in another sport like basketball, plus seeing t live was really cool.

?

1. NFL season only really started yesterday.
    2. They didn't show the US Open match on CBS last night, I believe it was on ESPN (but I was at the game so I wasn't around a TV to know).

3. You're really blaming CBS for showing the US Open Women's and Mens FINALS as opposed to showing a few games of the opening weekend (not even the first game) of football?

Tennis may not be a super popular American sport, but it's one of the four grand slams that the entire world gathers to watch, most likely between marquee players. I think the finals are quite important.

- - - Updated - - -

If Djokovic and Nadal lose today I'll be mad. Btw I wish I had tickets for today's games. Mens Semifinals are the hottest ticket, even moreso than the Finals, perhaps. Since you get to see two marquee matches...

Serena won her singles match but lost with Venus in the doubles game.

Btw I love the way I'm just chatting with myself. Where are all you Wimbledon people? "They're not playing on grass, fuck this the sport is completely different."

- - - Updated - - -

WW guys, I honestly thought Djokovic was gonna get crushed watching the first two sets. That was a crazy match lol. 4.5 hours long.

"What are you gonna do after this match Djokovic?"
    "I'm gonna get some popcorn and watch the other semifinals match on TV."

Deleted
    Yay Serena! A lot of choking by both, annoying wind aswell, but she managed to beat her opponent and the wind in the end

Ya Serena won. I was surprised by the prize money. $3.6 million. Guess US Open is best///

I fell asleep after set 3. :/

Nadal won. I kind of wanted Djokovic to win.