Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Kosak said it was too much work putting an entire city floating over Orgrimmar, but I think Alliance players would be happy with it just looming ominously over Org with bolts of lightning being fired down from it just as Naxxramas loomed over Stratholme.
    He also said it made the encounter look too sci-fi, rather than being a brute force seige, which is the look they were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    which dsnt matter
    Gameplay > lore
    Changing leveling zones had revelance when it was done, and how it hardly does. A gap in the quality of leveling content is hardly large, considering it only done last x-pac
    I agree with this quote, Gameplay > lore, only what, 11% of us care about lore at all anyway :P

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    No? We dont need new ones, we just need to remove the old horde ones. Making it empty. .
    so make changes to a zone for literally no reason?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

No, just to shut the people up who keep claiming "HORDE FAVORITISM", Theramore is also empty now, they did that for "no reason" too.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2013-08-26 at 05:09 AM.

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    which dsnt matter
    Gameplay > lore
    There is no gameplay lost redistributing Horde quests to other similar zones to make up for their loss in Ashenvale. Absolutely none whatsoever. when it comes to gameplay with heirlooms players are out of there level wise before even finishing the story arcs. The only ones remaining do so for the story. When it comes to these zones gameplay isn't even an issue.

Changing leveling zones had revelance when it was done, and now it hardly does.
    Because the story has moved on from that point. Which means they need another change...
    A gap in the quality of leveling content is hardly large, considering it only done last x-pac
    It will be effectively 2 expansions old when 6.0 comes out, which is not too far.

- - - Updated - - -

Reason being the Horde lost, just like the Alliance lost in Southshore and no longer has a hub there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    He also said it made the encounter look too sci-fi, rather than being a brute force seige, which is the look they were going for.
    meh, nothing says brute force like a bunch of pissed off mages raining down death upon you from repurposed thunder king gadgetry.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

Legendary!
    but one only seen if you 1) play Alliance 2) read the quest dialogue 3) follow the lore.
    so your making the assumption that none of those apply to me?
    The Alliance halt various Horde attacks and make counter-attacks of their own - that hardly consitutes as the Horde being pushed out of the whole dam forest

- - - Updated - - -

There is no gameplay lost redistributing Horde quests to other similar zones to make up for their loss in Ashenvale.
    da faq kinda suggestion is that?
    Ashenvele is a neutral zone, not an Alliance zone

- - - Updated - - -

It will be effectively 2 expansions old when 6.0 comes out, which is not too far.
    they wont be re-vamping old content any time soon
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

so your making the assumption that none of those apply to me?
    The Alliance halt various Horde attacks and make counter-attacks of their own - that hardly consitutes as the Horde being pushed out of the whole dam forest
    drek, I am fairly positive you don't have *any* Alliance toons at max level possibly even half that. Also, you don't seem to understand what pushing the Horde all the way back to the Warsong Lumberyard and then destroying said lumberyard constitutes. It is a victory, if you read Tides of War, the REASON hellscream attacks Theramore is because he was DEFEATED in Ashenvale. He was pushed out and it made him ragingly furiously made to the point of deciding genocide was the only solution, but first he had to cut off the rest of the Alliance from the Night Elves, and Theramore was supposed to be the trick. So no, its not in stalemate and showing the bloody victory *in game* will make it crystal clear to horde players like you that you got your asses stomped into the dirt and lost.

Legendary!
    Because the story has moved on from that point. Which means they need another change....
    in which i say again Gameplay > lore
    And why should Ashenvele get special treatment? There are 3 whole continents left in the cold

- - - Updated - - -

drek, I am fairly positive you don't have *any* Alliance toons at max level possibly even half that.
    well if you say then it must be true right?

da faq kinda suggestion is that?
    Ashenvele is a neutral zone, not an Alliance zone
    Ashenvale, lore wise is Alliance territory, its home of the Night Elves. Just cause some horde shits squat there doesn't change the aspect of the story. Never the less Hillsbrad was also contested territory, Southshore was removed, as a hub, to make way for the Horde. Why you can't put this together is beyond me.

they wont be re-vamping old content any time soon
    they're revamping shitgrimmar again after the siege. Like the place needs it...

- - - Updated - - -

well if you say then it must be true right?
    Do you? You don't even know how to spell Ashenvale correctly and you have clear ignorance of the Alliance arcs.

Legendary!
    Also, you don't seem to understand what pushing the Horde all the way back to the Warsong Lumberyard .
    Pushed back? You just attack it, that dsnt mean everything West of it was destroyed
    Last I checked Hellscream's Reach, Splintertree, and Silverwing where still there

Do you? You don't even know how to spell Ashenvale correctly and you have clear ignorance of the Alliance arcs.
    this level of nit picking is rather ridiculous. oh and you DON'T want Org to be in ruins after the siege? just have your forrest to fly through every now and then?

Legendary!
    the REASON hellscream attacks Theramore is because he was DEFEATED in Ashenvale.
    Wolfheart happens before Cata questing

- - - Updated - - -

will make it crystal clear to horde players like you that you got your asses stomped into the dirt and lost.
    and here I remember the Alliance always complaining that they were 'losing everywhere'

Pushed back? You just attack it, that dsnt mean everything West of it was destroyed
    Last I checked Hellscream's Reach, Splintertree, and Silverwing where still there
    Which is the whole point of the complaint, they shouldn't be.

this level of nit picking is rather ridiculous. oh and you DON'T want Org to be in ruins after the siege? just have your forrest to fly through every now and then?
    Ignorance of Alliance quest arcs isn't ridiculous, it's a very sound case for having no Alliance toons.

- - - Updated - - -

Wolfheart happens before Cata questing
    Tides of War is not Wolfheart... And the Horde was massively defeated in Wolfheart too.

and here I remember the Alliance always complaining that they were 'losing everywhere'
    you must've heard wrong. The Alliance is winning everywhere but in the fucking game, to the chagrin of many of us (and to the pride of the horde).

Legendary!
    Do you?
    yeah I do, a human rogue, though i dont think you would believe me either way

- - - Updated - - -

Ashenvale, lore wise is Alliance territory
    And gameplay wise its a contested zone
    As said before Gameplay will always trump lore in all aspects of WoW

yeah I do, a human rogue, though i dont think you would believe me either way
    nah I won't interrogate you on it. Though I question whether or not you paid attention while leveling (or if you even leveled in Cata at all, if it's pre-cata toon why would u?)

Legendary!
    Tides of War is not Wolfheart... And the Horde was massively defeated in Wolfheart too.
    Baine reflects how Hellscream was smarting after defeats at the hands of Varian, which happened in Wolfheart, which happened before Cata questing, least in terms of Ashenvele

Ignorance of Alliance quest arcs isn't ridiculous, it's a very sound case for having no Alliance toons.
    not that, giving a guy shit for spelling a fictional fucking forrest wrong is ridiculous. and really do you know what toons he has? do you happen to know what toons I have?

And gameplay wise its a contested zone
    As said before Gameplay will always trump lore in all aspects of WoW
    Gameplay can and will be mutable and changed to accommodate story telling. Barrens was altered, Vale was altered, Krasarang too. Phasing and dynamic environments change to fit the way the story is progressing. What a shame it is to not use it where it matters, what a bunch of crap it is to deny Alliance players a victory (from the siege itself) via such things because devs don't think it or the Alliance fanbase is worth the time. What would I give up for a revamp in Ashenvale? I'd gladly say don't bother revamping Orgrimmar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    not that, giving a guy shit for spelling a fictional fucking forrest wrong is ridiculous. and really do you know what toons he has? do you happen to know what toons I have?
    Im not even talking to you. In fact I don't care who the hell you are. You nitpicked something I said and ignored the important part, now you're going on about something irrelevant. Don't talk to me, this is between Drek and myself. btw it's "forest" with one r, not with 2, ty have a nice night

- - - Updated - - -

Baine reflects how Hellscream was smarting after defeats at the hands of Varian, which happened in Wolfheart, which happened before Cata questing, least in terms of Ashenvele
    Yes, the Horde was defeated once, massively, pre-cata questing. In Tides of War, which happens before MoP and covers the destruction of Theramore, the reason Hellscream goes after Theramore was because he was defeated by the Night Elves and has stinging resentment of the fact. It's covered well in the first few chapters.

Gameplay can and will be mutable and changed to accommodate story telling. Barrens was altered, Vale was altered, Krasarang too. Phasing and dynamic environments change to fit the way the story is progressing. What a shame it is to not use it where it matters, what a bunch of crap it is to deny Alliance players a victory (from the siege itself) via such things because devs don't think it or the Alliance fanbase is worth the time. What would I give up for a revamp in Ashenvale? I'd gladly say don't bother revamping Orgrimmar
    Because we're fucking doing things there. WTF are lvl 90s going to go back to Ashenvale for? That place is stuck in Cata time. No part of the current story is taking place there that would make for compelling gameplay.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Because we're fucking doing things there. WTF are lvl 90s going to go back to Ashenvale for? That place is stuck in Cata time. No part of the current story is taking place there that would make for compelling gameplay.
    Why make all these changes around Orgrimmar and in Durotar when there's nothing going on in the city? Everything is instanced.

Just to add, the current story is the end of Horde aggression towards the Alliance. That's the whole jist of it. Ashenvale is one area, a whole lot of other places need to be addressed. Gilneas is another one. A massive one really just as important as Ashenvale. I can only hope 6.0 shows Alliance forces all over Durotar, non-attackable, just there as observers to drive the point home with respect to SoO.
    Last edited by Moon Blade; 2013-08-26 at 05:34 AM.