Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,877
    Alright, grats, YOU GOT ME!

    Posts after that also have me changing that statement as well, but don't let that dissuade you.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  2. #402
    Over 9000! Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    9,134
    Guys please back on topic
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  3. #403
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,877
    I'm not sure what else we can say about Kosak's answers. None of them are really surprising, and a few are actually angering (Such as the exclusion of the Dalaran scene).

    I am happy that Magatha's story isn't ultimately done, even if we don't see her probably anytime soon. I always loved her story and was disappointed she didn't reappear after the huge cliffhanger of getting the Doomstone and disappearing in Thousand Needles.

    I actually had thought she was the female Tauren we heard about in DS before more details emerged and was pretty excited. Then it was randominsertnpcnamehere.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  4. #404
    Over 9000! Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    9,134
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I'm not sure what else we can say about Kosak's answers. None of them are really surprising, and a few are actually angering (Such as the exclusion of the Dalaran scene).
    The Old God and titan stuff for example, it was rather interesting, he said there were some hints in the material we already have, so a bit speculation might be in order ;P
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The Old God and titan stuff for example, it was rather interesting, he said there were some hints in the material we already have, so a bit speculation might be in order ;P
    There's already another thread on that. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ods-are-Titans
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  6. #406
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There's already another thread on that. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ods-are-Titans
    I don't know why, but I really like the idea behind this, even if has like no basis in current lore. I say the underlined having not read any parts of the thread but the title.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  7. #407
    Over 9000! Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    9,134
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I don't know why, but I really like the idea behind this, even if has like no basis in current lore. I say the underlined having not read any parts of the thread but the title.
    Would be fun if the old gods are in fact a titan creation, which went totally haywire, and started spreading across the cosmos like a disease.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  8. #408
    How can we be excited for these Alliance "victories" when Blizzard won't bother to even recognize that without in-game implementation it's rather unsubstantiated.

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    A victory confined to a raid instance while the Horde's shit is encountered 24/7 in every zone they revamped in Cata. Nothing in the world changes. Horde's eyesores and invasion forces are still lingering in zones they don't belong in and will forever. No Alliance quests exist anywhere to at least have them phased out forever. Victories shouldn't be confined to books, raid instances and assumptions from quest arcs ending. Dynamic content should be faction linked in instances where it matters. Or have Horde quest arcs in Ashenvale be rebuilding after all the shit they caused in Cata. Something like that. It's clearly asking too much. So BFD about the Siege of Orgrimmar. It's not even a Horde capital at the time, it's Hellscream's capital. It's not different from killing Illidan in the Black Temple or downing the Lich King at this point.
    See, but you're missing the point.

    If the alliance triumphed over the horde in every single zone, you'd pity the horde, think they were weak.

    If the horde starts winning, you're supposed to feel that animosity towards them. The fact that you're here complaining about it only reinforces their storytelling is effective.

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Would be fun if the old gods are in fact a titan creation, which went totally haywire, and started spreading across the cosmos like a disease.
    The Old God's ambitions aren't too dissimilar from Sargeras.
    A'dal: One in particular, a servant of the Old Gods known as Harbinger Skyriss, seeks to usher in his masters' vision of conquering all of the worlds in the universe.
    And then all the chaos they wreak on the worlds they conquer.

    And if the Old Gods are Titan creations, it might explain their confidence in facing the Legion.
    Harbinger Skyriss: It is a small matter to control the mind of the weak... for I bear allegiance to powers untouched by time, unmoved by fate. No force on this world or beyond harbors the strength to bend our knee... not even the mighty Legion!
    We span the universe, as countless as the stars!


    Also, how they knew exactly how to corrupt Titan constructs on Azeroth.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-27 at 04:11 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  11. #411
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,877
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    See, but you're missing the point.

    If the alliance triumphed over the horde in every single zone, you'd pity the horde, think they were weak.

    If the horde starts winning, you're supposed to feel that animosity towards them. The fact that you're here complaining about it only reinforces their storytelling is effective.
    Except when the Alliance wins, its largely delegated to out of game instances. That is the shit we're pissed off at.
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  12. #412
    Over 9000! Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    9,134
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

    I am happy that Magatha's story isn't ultimately done, even if we don't see her probably anytime soon. I always loved her story and was disappointed she didn't reappear after the huge cliffhanger of getting the Doomstone and disappearing in Thousand Needles.

    I actually had thought she was the female Tauren we heard about in DS before more details emerged and was pretty excited. Then it was randominsertnpcnamehere.
    Yeah Magatha has a lot of potential, the Grimmtotem in general have still quite some potential, who knows what they come up with and now that they are armed with high graded alliance weaponry they have become even more dangerous

    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    How can we be excited for these Alliance "victories" when Blizzard won't bother to even recognize that without in-game implementation it's rather unsubstantiated.
    Seriously, this thread was somewhat constructive for 5 posts 5!!!!!!!!

    You people will be the death of me.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  13. #413
    They should at the very least have an alliance occupation in Orgimar after 5.4. Kind of like the US in Germany and Japan after WW2. Could make for some interesting story lines next expansion.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

  14. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    And you just zero in on Talen's posts? What about all the other people who posted that these things should happen? Annihilating certain Horde factions, Bad Horde destroying Good Horde, imposing ridiculous restrictions, having the Horde be under Alliance administration, deporting the orcs to Outland, etc. They're pissed off that they won't happen because "lol game," can't destroy the game for half the players.

    "The Alliances goal should be nothing less than total and complete annihilation of the Forsaken."
    What am I misrepresenting?
    I'm a Horde players myself and I want the Alliance to push the Forsaken out of Lordaeron and retake it. But "annihilation" on the hands of the Alliance is extremely unlikely.

  15. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    They should at the very least have an alliance occupation in Orgimar after 5.4. Kind of like the US in Germany and Japan after WW2. Could make for some interesting story lines next expansion.
    A full occupation would probably be a bit much. Especially since the Alliance is supposedly approving of the Horde's new Warchief as someone they can work with. Maybe have a few guards around like what Thrall posted in UC after Wrathgate. But they would have to be non-combat or it would destroy world PvP.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    A full occupation would probably be a bit much. Especially since the Alliance is supposedly approving of the Horde's new Warchief as someone they can work with. Maybe have a few guards around like what Thrall posted in UC after Wrathgate. But they would have to be non-combat or it would destroy world PvP.
    I'm not talking about a full occupation, that's not what happened in either of those countries ultimately, I'm talking about it being a reminder for both sides in game of what happened. Would be a handful of alliance guards roaming the city as a constant reminder/insult to the horde of what happens when you let a madman rule and a reminder to the alliance of a victory earned.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    I'm not talking about a full occupation, that's not what happened in either of those countries ultimately, I'm talking about it being a reminder for both sides in game of what happened. Would be a handful of alliance guards roaming the city as a constant reminder/insult to the horde of what happens when you let a madman rule and a reminder to the alliance of a victory earned.
    I can only imagine how shitty that job would be for whatever Alliance soldier was stuck with that post. Especially the pressure to quell his/her own distaste for the Horde to prevent escalating things into another war, while also presumably receiving abuse (verbal or otherwise) from the people in Orgrimmar with animosity towards the Alliance.

    It could be an interesting allegory to Western military presence in the Middle East. However, I doubt Blizzard would want to do that.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-27 at 04:55 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Would be fun if the old gods are in fact a titan creation, which went totally haywire, and started spreading across the cosmos like a disease.
    Eh. I prefer to think of them as the true counterparts to the Titans - creatures from another universe that embody that realm's pinnacle of power, who desire absolute chaos as opposed to the Titans plans of order.

    Plus, we've found out recently that demons from the Burning Legion, specifically the Doomguard, were originally titan creations, or at least served the Titans and so were almost certainly created by them. It's enough that they and possibly other demons were Titan-made - makes me wonder how many of Sargeras' duties for the Pantheon involved cleaning up the messes they made.

    I see Sargeras and the legion as the third power between the Titans and the Old Gods. Titans want order, Old Gods want chaos. Sargeras sees the Titans' order as an illusion, so he seeks to destroy everything, creating ultimate order through oblivion. Old Gods want to rule completely, rather than destroy utterly.

  19. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I can only imagine how shitty that job would be for whatever Alliance soldier was stuck with that post. Especially the pressure to quell his/her own distaste for the Horde to prevent escalating things into another war, while also presumably receiving abuse (verbal or otherwise) from the people in Orgrimmar with animosity towards the Alliance.
    Exactly

    /10char
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Plus, we've found out recently that demons from the Burning Legion, specifically the Doomguard, were originally titan creations, or at least served the Titans and so were almost certainly created by them. It's enough that they and possibly other demons were Titan-made - makes me wonder how many of Sargeras' duties for the Pantheon involved cleaning up the messes they made.
    The problem with that theory is that doomgards are of the Ered'ruin species, one of the species that put Sargeras into a depression in the first place (WoW Magazine). My headcanon goes that they were enslaved after Sargeras defeated and imprisoned them.

    The [Ered'ruin, Infernals, Mo'arg, and Sayaad], an insidious race of devilish sorcerers, used their warlock magics to invade and enslave a number of worlds. The indigenous races of those worlds were mutated by the [demons'] malevolent powers and turned into demons themselves. Though Sargeras' nearly limitless powers were more than enough to defeat the vile [demons], he was greatly troubled by the creatures' corruption and all-consuming evil. Incapable of fathoming such depravity, the great Titan began to slip into a brooding depression. Despite his growing unease, Sargeras rid the universe of the warlocks by trapping them within a corner of the Twisting Nether. (edited to insert the retconned races in place of the Eredar)
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-27 at 05:03 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •