Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Lore Interview with Dave Kosak

Sure, learning about raid mechanics and new dailies is great for some people, but the only thing that matters to me is the story.
    Let's get super nerdy with Dave Kosak, Lead Quest designer, and ask him the important questions :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osB0_0G5N8g

Topics include:

5.4:
    Are you still happy with announcing Garrosh's defeat as early as you did?
    Metzen mentioned at launch that this expansion was the build up to the war - is this still the case and bigger conflict is coming? Or is this the actual war now?
    Alliance fist pump moment - it was promised - what is it?
    What is the moment (in your mind) when Garrosh "becomes a bad guy", seems like he just did all the sudden?
    What important orcs are left now since most are dead? Will we see any of them return (wink wink)?
    Why leave Sylvannas out of the main story line? Is it like Rhonin in Cata? Just couldn't fit him in?
    Why are the Klaxxi joining Garrosh?

Random:
    Which came first? Old Gods or Titans?
    Where is Dalaran? where is it going?
    What are the Naaru up to?
    And Draenei - they getting some story soon?
    Will we ever seen the Dragon Aspects again?
    Is there anything below Tirisfal? (This is the final answer on this question guys)
    Where are the following people? Will we see them soon?
    Gallywix?
    Rexxar?
    Me'dan?
    Magatha Grimtotem?
    Bolvar?
    Alleria and Turalyon?

Don't you dare forget Rok'han!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Damn why wasn't this on the front page?

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Damn why wasn't this on the front page?
    It was just posted

15+ Year Old Account
    Me'dan?
    hopefully dead in a ditch somewhere...

---

They should ask him about Darius Crowley instead, and what plans there are to give Worgen more role in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mojomaker View Post
    Sure, learning about raid mechanics and new dailies is great for some people, but the only thing that matters to me is the story.
    Let's get super nerdy with Dave Kosak, Lead Quest designer, and ask him the important questions :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osB0_0G5N8g

Topics include:

5.4:
    Are you still happy with announcing Garrosh's defeat as early as you did?
    Metzen mentioned at launch that this expansion was the build up to the war - is this still the case and bigger conflict is coming? Or is this the actual war now?
    Alliance fist pump moment - it was promised - what is it?
    What is the moment (in your mind) when Garrosh "becomes a bad guy", seems like he just did all the sudden?
    What important orcs are left now since most are dead? Will we see any of them return (wink wink)?
    Why leave Sylvannas out of the main story line? Is it like Rhonin in Cata? Just couldn't fit him in?
    Why are the Klaxxi joining Garrosh?

Random:
    Is there anything below Tirisfal? (This is the final answer on this question guys)
    Gallywix?
    Rexxar?
    Me'dan?
    Magatha Grimtotem?
    Bolvar?
    Alleria and Turalyon?
    keep kickin butt jesse!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Super awesome to hear you were able to get this done.

Snake Tail.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like Kosak has more or less confirmed my belief that a) Garrosh was a sociopath and b) he broke under the stress of leadership.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Seems like Kosak has more or less confirmed my belief that a) Garrosh was a sociopath and b) he broke under the stress of leadership.
    I'm going to go with hes a douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by mojomaker View Post
    It was just posted
    That makes sense. There is another interview that Dave Kosak does with WoWHobbs that isn't on the front page and I was thinking how is MMO Champion missing both of these lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he's saying we should consider the Kor'kron in the Undercity to have been canonically purged by 5.4. Would've made a great scenario. Alas...

Also, he mentions that the Alliance does indeed "allow" the Horde to elect a Warchief that "they can work with" as opposed to the current berserking marauder.

Saying that the "Old Gods or Titans came first" will eventually be answered in-game makes me think they have planned quite alot for the future.

Thanks for making the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    So he's saying we should consider the Kor'kron in the Undercity to have been canonically purged by 5.4.
    I guess thats something.

I just wish they will show more than "suddenly no orcs". Like corpses displayed as warning or new orc-shaped bone constructs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    I'm going to go with hes a douchebag.
    Well, he meets all the red flags for antisocial personality disorder (the current, official term for Sociopathy used by the medical community):

1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
    2. deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
    3. impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
    4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
    5. reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
    6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
    7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

edit: Worth noting that Garrosh is likely a high-functioning sociopath, one who is able to resist impulsive urges and can hide their disorder far better than a low-functioning sociopath.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Gallywix?
    Rexxar?
    Me'dan?
    Magatha Grimtotem?
    Bolvar?
    Alleria and Turalyon?
    To bad blizzard never finishes not even half the storys they start.

10+ Year Old Account
    He spent most of the interview talking in circles and explaining why he couldn't answer anything. :p

Nice to know that Tirisfal is just an "eh, it sounded creepy" thing they haven't figured out yet, though.

Sad to hear about the Tirisfal part and actually using it in the future would be like "Hey, look what we pulled out of our asses" and this is what basically ends the "below Tirisfal" thing.

And interesting to hear about the Alliance fist pump moment discussion! Way to shut up the crying Horde-bias faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Sad to hear about the Tirisfal part and actually using it in the future would be like "Hey, look what we pulled out of our asses" and this is what basically ends the "below Tirisfal" thing.

And interesting to hear about the Alliance fist pump moment discussion! Way to shut up the crying Horde-bias faction.
    It still won't be enough. There are already countless threads that devolve into petty arguments. It looks like there is no quieting that faction until there is no more Horde. It's not equality they want, it's supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    They've mentioned this king of thing before too. Many times they need to pad out the world with things to make it interesting... example: the snake tail I bugged them about. They were like "look, it looked cool so we did it".
    Not a great answer and definitely not a lore one, but it is an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my God yeeeess.... just started watching it right now. Further squealing to follow.