1. #1

    Question about ICC normal/heroic

    Hello everybody.

    Simple question: Could I kill all bosses in icc 25 normal(minus endboss) and then switch to heroic 25 for the lich king ?

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,579
    You can kill 11/12 bosses on 10men normal, then get out, switch to 25, get in, select 25 heroic, and finish it.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    You can kill 11/12 bosses on 10men normal, then get out, switch to 25, get in, select 25 heroic, and finish it.
    You dont even have to exit the instance. Should just be able to flip it like a switch.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1800MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    You can kill 11/12 bosses on 10men normal, then get out, switch to 25, get in, select 25 heroic, and finish it.
    they have changed the mechanic then

    as i remember it, you needed to kill the boss of each wing in heroic mode to have access to heroic lich king, but they could have changed it to facilitate the farming

    also, 10/25 share the same lock out on ICC too?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    You dont even have to exit the instance. Should just be able to flip it like a switch.
    Can't switch from 10 to 25 while in the instance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    they have changed the mechanic then

    as i remember it, you needed to kill the boss of each wing in heroic mode to have access to heroic lich king, but they could have changed it to facilitate the farming

    also, 10/25 share the same lock out on ICC too?
    They changed the end-boss requirement an expansion or two ago. If you kill a boss on 10-man heroic, you WILL be locked out of 25-man heroics. You can kill anything on 10 or 25 normal, though.

    Other things to note: If you kill a boss on 25-man heroic, you cannot switch to 10-man at all unless you invite another player and make a raid group. I don't know why this is.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    You can kill 11/12 bosses on 10men normal, then get out, switch to 25, get in, select 25 heroic, and finish it.
    The question is: Can i kill 11/12 bosses in normal 25 and then switch to 25 heroic. I'm trying to get the infusions done on my alt dk.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    The question is: Can i kill 11/12 bosses in normal 25 and then switch to 25 heroic. I'm trying to get the infusions done on my alt dk.
    Ah. No idea about that. Should be fine, as long as you have killed LK25 before.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    The question is: Can i kill 11/12 bosses in normal 25 and then switch to 25 heroic. I'm trying to get the infusions done on my alt dk.
    Yes, absolutely. If you can do it on 10-man, there are no mechanics that would make it different on 25. Any mix of 10/25 (or all 25s) kills will work, as long as you don't kill anything on 10-man heroic.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Yes, absolutely. If you can do it on 10-man, there are no mechanics that would make it different on 25. Any mix of 10/25 (or all 25s) kills will work, as long as you don't kill anything on 10-man heroic.
    Alright thank's for the info.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •