Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I would give ANYTHING to go back to the days before battlegrounds / arenas / flying mounts.

Epic field battles between servers... I made lifelong friends and enemies out in hillsbrad man.
    If I could, I would remove flying mounts from the game in a heartbeat.

had a recent running battle going on around Halaa couple weeks back
    Alliance kept trying to take it and the Horde put their foot down and said no
    Ally DK ran whenever he saw me coming even though it was 1v1 after i killed him 5 or so times
    i greatly enjoy world PvP and Wintergrasp during Wrath was by far my favorite "bg" love Arathi Basin and loathe arenas too much of a pvp in a box feeling for me
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Open World Battlegrounds should be added to the game.

That's it, give us that piece of fun back. An area where there are world pvp events every X hours and last for a long time (long time such as old AV, not a whole day maybe tho lol)
    Pure world pvp, no que timers nor teleports to join, you just go there by yourself. Put 500 items hidden along the map, players need to find them and bring them back to any of their many home areas (reward them with honor, achievements and a huge grindfest final unique mount so they'll feel rewarded) You won't know who is carrying one, so you'll need to kill everyone you find in order to stop them. When a faction reached 500/500 (for example), the even is over for X hours.

Create 2 or 3 large areas where people play normally and add this events, allow people to turn their pvp off and fly if they want, and those who want to fight go with it on and don't allow them to get it off anymore for as long as the event lasts.

Pretty much something like Silithus but adjusted to the current times.
    THAT SOUNDS AMAZING, honestly you should post that suggestion on the wow forums because I for one would live there on all my chars.

I don't think it's wrong that you find certain enjoyment from the game that others don't. I'm a very very VERY avid PvPer, but I'm also an achievement and mount hunter. I too share your feeling for not liking arena all that much (not as strongly), but Perhaps you're trying too much to focus on rating and points for conquest and not enough on just going into 2's, 3's, 5's with a group of friends and just having some fun. I find that when I stop focusing so hard on trying to get rating and just enjoy what I'm doing, I make less mistakes, and we end up winning more.

Deleted
    Remember in cata when the trailer said something about battling for the worlds diminished resources? I kinda felt that they would greatly reduce herbs/orbs and that people would have to kill each other for just a peace of them.

So, there's a lot of "find ways to force people to do X" in this thread.

1- When MoP launched with some dailies, people squealed hard, but it mostly WORKED for the purpose of getting 90s out doing quests. I had no absence of victims during the first patch, because every daily zone I flew over to always had someone doing a daily.

2- Actually putting people want behind "world pvp" walls has ALWAYS failed. And not just in this game. In general, games with factional conflict have been bad at this. How do you handle when one side outnumbers? Assume your server is balanced, as most were just a few years ago (and in a universe where world pvp has no rewards or consequences except for a GY run). Then assume there is something real to battle over. At first, both sides trade back and forth. You contribute to a win, you fight bitterly to a loss. Everything feels pretty great. Then suddenly, some people on one side get bored or stop playing before people on another side do, OR some large group transfers in on side or another. Now you still get your wins and losses, but you are getting more wins or more losses. Suddenly it SNOWBALLS- the losing side sees very few wins, and most stop participating. If it was something that actually mattered, now the rest of the server is screwed and has to leave. But even if it doesn't, the server will slowly shift towards monopop. This happens even without bribery, but it is really absurd with it.

So they can't give us world pvp rewards. But, they did give us some more world pvp this expac, plus some no-fly islands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Remember in cata when the trailer said something about battling for the worlds diminished resources? I kinda felt that they would greatly reduce herbs/orbs and that people would have to kill each other for just a peace of them.
    The real cataclysm was the tsunami of tears when they added CRZ and players had to contest some farming locations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Open World Battlegrounds should be added to the game.

That's it, give us that piece of fun back. An area where there are world pvp events every X hours and last for a long time (long time such as old AV, not a whole day maybe tho lol)
    Pure world pvp, no que timers nor teleports to join, you just go there by yourself. Put 500 items hidden along the map, players need to find them and bring them back to any of their many home areas (reward them with honor, achievements and a huge grindfest final unique mount so they'll feel rewarded) You won't know who is carrying one, so you'll need to kill everyone you find in order to stop them. When a faction reached 500/500 (for example), the even is over for X hours.

Create 2 or 3 large areas where people play normally and add this events, allow people to turn their pvp off and fly if they want, and those who want to fight go with it on and don't allow them to get it off anymore for as long as the event lasts.

Pretty much something like Silithus but adjusted to the current times.

That would be alot of fun, but you know people are gonna bitch about server imbalances and whatnot. Then carebears will cry that they collect mounts and have to go into a warzone, with 1:20 balance and they can't get whatever rewards they think they are entitled to. W-PvP is a tricky business that way...

what also could be alot of fun and encourage W-PvP is if there was some system of bounties and bounty hunting.

Here's how I see it working:

Each time you get ganked a little prompt pops up with the release spirit option; It asks if you would like to put a bounty on the player. You could put however much gold you want on the guy. Now, somewhere in Org and SW there would be a bounty board where you can see players with their bounties. The bounty board tells you basic information about the mark, so it would mention their class and spec. It also gives the location of the last bounty so you can follow their trail in a sense. Each bounty would be a quest, so you could have as many as you want up to 25. the quest would just read something like "BOUNTY: Roangut" and the quest text would be where the bounty info would be.

For example, Bob gets ganked in STV and puts a 100g bounty on Frank, Chuck sees the bounty in SW and it says "Kill Frank for 100g (last seen STV)" and Chuck decides to take the bounty. While Chuck is looking in STV, Frank strikes again, but this time in EPL or something and the player puts a 20g bounty on him. Chuck gets a little notification that Frank's bounty is now 120g and he was last spotted in EPL.

To claim the bounty the player who killed him loots his head and then brings it to the exchange and trades the head in for the gold.

how i see it affecting pvp is that it would encourage some sort of community on the server, you will quickly learn who the infamous players are and it will give players a chance of revenge if they are getting ganked. This also would be a good gold source for PvPers, but obviously its limited to how much players want the other guy dead. Titles and mounts could be given out based on bounty gold acquired or even highest bounty.
    Last edited by Zapgreen; 2013-09-05 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    That would be alot of fun, but you know people are gonna bitch about server imbalances and whatnot. Then carebears will cry that they collect mounts and have to go into a warzone, with 1:20 balance and they can't get whatever rewards they think they are entitled to. W-PvP is a tricky business that way...

what also could be alot of fun and encourage W-PvP is if there was some system of bounties and bounty hunting.

Here's how I see it working:

Each time you get ganked a little prompt pops up with the release spirit option; It asks if you would like to put a bounty on the player. You could put however much gold you want on the guy. Now, somewhere in Org and SW there would be a bounty board where you can see players with their bounties. The bounty board tells you basic information about the mark, so it would mention their class and spec. It also gives the location of the last bounty so you can follow their trail in a sense. Each bounty would be a quest, so you could have as many as you want up to 25. the quest would just read something like "BOUNTY: Roangut" and the quest text would be where the bounty info would be.

For example, Bob gets ganked in STV and puts a 100g bounty on Frank, Chuck sees the bounty in SW and it says "Kill Frank for 100g (last seen STV)" and Chuck decides to take the bounty. While Chuck is looking in STV, Frank strikes again, but this time in EPL or something and the player puts a 20g bounty on him. Chuck gets a little notification that Frank's bounty is now 120g and he was last spotted in EPL.

To claim the bounty the player who killed him loots his head and then brings it to the exchange and trades the head in for the gold.

how i see it affecting pvp is that it would encourage some sort of community on the server, you will quickly learn who the infamous players are and it will give players a chance of revenge if they are getting ganked. This also would be a good gold source for PvPers, but obviously its limited to how much players want the other guy dead. Titles and mounts could be given out based on bounty gold acquired or even highest bounty.
    As neat as that is, it would lead to rampant abuse.

I enjoy world PVP when you come across a similarly-leveled/geared player and they start messing your shit up, then you res and hunt them down and mess their shit up. Can be heaps of fun.

Unfortunately I get that like once for every twenty ganks you can do nothing about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Man, World PvP was the most fun I ever had in WoW. On the server I used to play on the Horde would do For the Horde 3 nights a week and a few of us on the Alliance would scramble a defense raid of barely 20 people to fight against a giant group of 40-60 Horde players. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked both... I can see why people like world pvp over arena... nothing is really setup... just a bunch of friends roaming around and not often will you fight people who have an equal comp or something that's better. In arena, you're constantly fighting good comps w/ decent players, especially if you have a high mmr. I can only imagine that if you prefer world pvp over arena, chances are you're not that good at PvP. 9/10 times... most people hate arena because they get wooped and don't want to take the necessary practice to get better. Arena is all about winning... you don't get rewarded for losing... which is why so many people are pushed away from it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    THAT SOUNDS AMAZING, honestly you should post that suggestion on the wow forums because I for one would live there on all my chars.
    If you long for that so much go give Aion a try, it's a pvpve game centered on open world pvp, they have no bgs and arenas are just subpar, but where wow fails in open world aion shines, it's like the opposite of wow in terms of pvp focus, in wow everything is centered around arena and rbgs, there its based around sieges and capturing forts , which you have to fight both the opposite faction and the neutral enemy npc faction that are battling to take it, these events occur daily and somewhat forces the entire server to go and do it.

Before you consider it though, please note that Aion is a korean game and is built around heavy RNG mechanics in every single aspect of the game, not to mention leveling there is pretty hardcore, somewhat similar to vanilla 1-60 lvling if not even harder.

I'm saying all of this to those who feel like they crave this part in the game that is no longer available or was not developed further, there are other options

Deleted
    In arena, you're constantly fighting good comps w/ decent players, especially if you have a high mmr. I can only imagine that if you prefer world pvp over arena, chances are you're not that good at PvP. 9/10 times... most people hate arena because they get wooped and don't want to take the necessary practice to get better. Arena is all about winning... you don't get rewarded for losing... which is why so many people are pushed away from it.
    This is so true I wanna have your babies <3

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orlando, Florida. United States of America
    Fighting in a arena box for the amusement of dirty-ass goblins is booooooring, always has been. Doesn't give a person his time to shine with good decisions, because it's all comps, and the same cookie cutter strategies.

I miss TBC PvP, I ran with real life friends and we would actually go hunting in Outlands and the Isle.

Feral Druid (me) and 2 Rogues (combat swords and assassination) and feral druid in TBC, as much as people laughed at them, was a beast if played well. Good times.

The only good thing about arena to me was beating the 2200+ ranked arena babies in 1v1 and watching them complain and calling feral OP (except Warlocks, no one could beat them after a certain gear level as SL/SL). I also miss Halaa and defending Hammerfall.

Remember in Hammerfall when I killed 3 level 70 alliance (enhance shaman, fire mage, and a rogue) solo and watching them talk about it in the local defense channel and talking about how I was killing them.

Still pissed me off when I came across some hibernate abusing puss resto or balance druid.

Hibernate (10 second)>Hibernate (5 Second)>Hibernate (2.5 second)>Cyclone (6 second)>Cyclone (3 second)>Cyclone (1.5 second)>Root (shift out)>Root (Shift out)>Root (Shift out)> Repeat.

And the only reason they cast Root on you was the 3 times you shifted to remove it was just long enough to reset the cool down on Hibernate. And the only way to avoid it was to stay in caster form and effectively CC yourself in the process. Do they still do that bullshit on retail or did they finally fix that so a non-feral could effectively lock feral out of the game or did Blizzard finally fix that broken by design bullshit?