Thread: (5.4) PVE Specs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Will go into 5.4 with MS demo and OS affliction, and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    has anyone done any testing really on what they feel strong as far as trinket suggestions for 5.4? I know stacking two of the 5.4 trinkets on a test dummy and currently live and on there i'm 549 item level and the dps on single target doesn't look too hot. Could also be b/c my skada could possibly be bugged too due to it being ptr.

Any opinions would be awesome what they have seen
    Only "testing" i really have done, was a few short flex raids on PTR, and from those results i wanted to hang up the towel.
    The item squish messed up stats, and i must have done something wrong considering how awfull dps i was pulling.
    The three i seemed to do best with was Black Blood of Y'Shaarj, Purified Bindings of Immerseus and 5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (5), though i had no consistent numbers so i might be way off.

what was your item level when you were testing them too

At a 553'ish ilvl I'm leaning towards aff MS w' demo OS running about 9900 haste and 13K mastery (550ilvl live). I dont' have a h.wush or hydra so I was running amp + BBoY for aff and amp + timelss isle (static int w' crit proc) as demo. Destro I've been through all the trinkets and they all kinda suck. Maybe amp + KTT but its hard to tell since its far enough back it feels like putting on gear from the previous tier.

5 mans, sub 525ilvl, no legendary meta, or proving grounds destro feels fine...problem is that isn't where progression happens.

Werst check your PMs

Also my testing was only with new 5.4 trinkets and fully heroic geared from ToT. So i assume a pretty good bump come SOO with tier bonus etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    what was your item level when you were testing them too
    My itemlevel outside of SoO was 550, but inside it was squished down to 510.

5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (5) gives about 20% crit which is nice for a crit demo build dont see it from any bosses tho . the timeless island one is( 535 ilvl and non upgrade )

This trinket dissapeared some time ago, I think dev's though it was redundant with the timeless isle's one

Aff with Demo OS since destro is even worse than live. Even for burst AoE isn't MF+SoC spam better than anything demo can do? Maybe for klaxxi/fallen protectors crit demo will be better but other than that aff all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Aff with Demo OS since destro is even worse than live. Even for burst AoE isn't MF+SoC spam better than anything demo can do? Maybe for klaxxi/fallen protectors crit demo will be better but other than that aff all the way.
    I dont have numbers and might be way off, but i always feel that demo does better burst AoE.
    Demo + MF for burst (with enough fury to go bonkers) always goes better for me personally, than Affli and SoC.
    And only time i see MF be better, have to be fights with little movement, and AoE "phases" that sync up with MF cd.

Afflic/Demo for most of progress. Still not sure on High Crit Demo without UVLS V Haste/Mastery Demo with UVLS in 5.4. On fights where there are 2-3+ targets up the whole time UVLS Demo is still peforming well.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Afflic/Demo for most of progress. Still not sure on High Crit Demo without UVLS V Haste/Mastery Demo with UVLS in 5.4. On fights where there are 2-3+ targets up the whole time UVLS Demo is still peforming well.
    Perhaps, but the nerf in RRPM and removing of the everlasting glyph will make every attempt very luck-oriented and give massive dps differences.
    Also not a guarnatee proc on pull will mess up alot.

From the Affliction thread:

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Immerseus - Destruction
    Protectors - Affliction
    Norushen - Affliction
    Sha of Pride - Demo or Destro
    Galakras - Destro
    Iron Juggernaught - Affliction
    Dark Shaman - Affliction or Destro - (Destro does better AoE, but an Ele sham is more preferable for that purpose and Aff is higher on bosses).
    Nazgrim - Affliction
    Malkorok - Affliction
    Spoils - Destruction
    Thok - Not decided, possibly Demo.
    Siegecrafter - Affliction
    Klaxxi - Affliction
    Garrosh - Any spec could work depending on your strategy and your role within that. Demo offers the best overall DPS if you're able to stay in AoE range every time the waves are up. Destro is fantastic at killing the Siege Engineers quickly. Affli offers the highest boss dps.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    From the Affliction thread:
    Why destro for immerseus?
    Sure destro has faster damage on the blobs but towards the end of the fight there is hardly any blobs to kill anyway
    Affliction can provide stronger damage on the boss + Glyphed CoEX Slows.
    I agree destro is not a bad choice for immerseus, but surely afflic is the same, if not better?.

I also think demo with UVLS will remain competitive on Protectors and Klaxxi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysakers View Post
    Perhaps, but the nerf in RRPM and removing of the everlasting glyph will make every attempt very luck-oriented and give massive dps differences.
    Also not a guarnatee proc on pull will mess up alot.
    The longer the fight lasts, the less not having a proc on pull will matter. Yes it will be very RNG orientated but thats the state of the game for dps now anyway yolo.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg

Why destro for immerseus?
    Sure destro has faster damage on the blobs but towards the end of the fight there is hardly any blobs to kill anyway
    Affliction can provide stronger damage on the boss + Glyphed CoEX Slows.
    I agree destro is not a bad choice for immerseus, but surely afflic is the same, if not better?.

I also think demo with UVLS will remain competitive on Protectors and Klaxxi.

- - - Updated - - -

The longer the fight lasts, the less not having a proc on pull will matter. Yes it will be very RNG orientated but thats the state of the game for dps now anyway yolo.
    Isn't the entire point of the Immerseus fight that you DPS boss to "0%", kill as many blobs as you can and repeat? Affliction has a ramp up.

Just acquired Wush last night to complete the set. . I've been lucky enough to acquire every trinket from ToT. I have of them all H: 2/2 with UVLS being the only H:TF.

From my testing, I'll be playing Aff MS with Demo OS. There only is like 2 fights I'd go Destro but it depends on where damage is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Isn't the entire point of the Immerseus fight that you DPS boss to "0%", kill as many blobs as you can and repeat? Affliction has a ramp up.
    I just remembered the Heroic Only adds, where I guess destro would be awesome. But in reply to this quote, that is normal mode yes, and until the last couple of times you get him to 0%, the ramp up is not a problem, you still get alot of your dot ticks on the boss.

Anyway I realised Evrelia was talking about Heroic where there are the billions of adds that spawn so nvm, destro would be better there
    www.method.gg

Quote Originally Posted by coupes View Post
    5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (5) gives about 20% crit which is nice for a crit demo build dont see it from any bosses tho . the timeless island one is( 535 ilvl and non upgrade )
    bhaa really, I been keeping my ptr testing with that trinket in mind

True, i just remember the few attempts i did woth UVLS on PTR and how little it proced for me in total.
    Though i have no numbers to point to, i just imagined that a 5.4 trinket that procs 6 times will be better than UVLS procing 2 times. More consistant dps is always nice on progression