Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    racial damage reduction still exists in the game
    (arcane resistance, frost resistance, nature resistance and shadow resistance)

also, technically even gear-based damage reduction still exists in the game but it has been reduced to near invisibility but it's still there (look at the re-purposed lava dredger)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Reddins View Post
    Blood Elf - Wretched Belf falls under Forsaken, so literally nothing unless they become a neutral race and you pick Blood Elf or High Elf
    The wretched are NOT undead, they are alive and deformed by their magic addiction.

Deleted
    For Humans I think that they will give us fat (hail 'murica jk ) and skinny humans and for Forsaken I think that they'll give us dark rangers like Sylvanas. Also, I think that Blood elves will get High elves because there was a part which I read a long time ago where Lor'themar Theron was on a diplomatic mission and wanted to convince the High elves to join their forces or something like that.
    Last edited by mmocebf671b2e5; 2013-08-26 at 03:45 PM.

I would really like to change my orc's skincolor to grey.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Svetyac View Post
    And that's what I'm doing.

Let's say they're adding wildhammer and iron dwarfs. What model are they going to base them on? The old dwarf model? And then when they update the old model they will have to rework all the skins for the wildhammers and irons? Doesn't that seem illogical and double the work at this point, when they're on the update of the old models acutaly?
    Sorry I thought you were ranting

I see 2 possible scenarios :
    1) They're only remaking the playable races so adding sub-races indeed increases the amount of work.
    2) They're remaking every single race, be it playable or NPC. Therefore, adding new sub-races doesn't add a lot of work since most of them already exist.

I agree that it seems unlikely since it would increase the amount of work in any case, that said we don't know if the 25% they told us is based off playable races or all races. As much as I want the new models, I'd rather see more content instead.

I'd like to see "younger" races. Like maybe a younger human who has a similar model to the Black Prince. Or a younger undead which would look more like the female undead (thinner, different posture etc...).
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    it's 1%, which isn't even useful. It exists only as a reason to not make useful racials instead.
    well won't argue that it's useful or meaningful, just stating that it does indead exist.

Deleted
    One thing they could do with subraces is balance the racials between horde and alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    The blood elf sub-race is a bit iffy. Neither Wretched (that's not a name they chose for themselves, you know) nor felblood elves are "cordial" offshoots. They're both reviled.

Undead elves are a given for the Forsaken though.

Sub-races:

Orcs: Mag'har, Dragonmaw and Blackrock (these are more skin colours only though.)
    Trolls: Raventusk
    Tauren: Taunka
    Goblins: Hob-goblins? No idea else.
    Forsaken: Risen Elves
    Blood Elves: Wretched (the reason could be that they're trying to become normal again)*

Humans: High Elves
    Dwarves: Dark Iron and Wildhammer
    Gnomes: Lepers (the reason could be that they're trying to become normal again)*
    Worgen: Feral worgen**
    Night Elves: Highborne (Slightly different look. Maybe brigther skin colours, due to being exposed to arcane for so long)
    Draenei: Broken

*After this long time, it could be plausible that these beings may have regained some of their old willpower and want to become "normal" again.
    **Just a different worgen form. Different animations perhaps.
    The Herald of Horror - Act 2 intro:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rwjNGSsHVM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    I'd like to see "younger" races. Like maybe a younger human who has a similar model to the Black Prince. Or a younger undead which would look more like the female undead (thinner, different posture etc...).
    Age would be a nice option

Young (20's ish), Adult (30s~50s), Aged (60s+) by human standards.

(i know there are vague age markers on some faces already, but seriously the Human Female 'old face' does not look right on a smoking-hot 20 year old's body, and she still looks like a 20 year old with grey hair and painted 'wrinkles')
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-08-26 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    It would be awsome if they add Vrykul as a sub-race for the Humans or Dwarves. That would be awsome!

Forsaken should definitely give the option to be a foresaken of different races. Like Sylvana.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

I hate undead and I think they should be removed from the Horde and form another faction themselves... that said I do think that Undead could get all races, but rotten and decayed versions of those. When you create your character you choose Undead and then you choose which race from all available you wanna be. Makes sense to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedrenne View Post
    Regardless of the legitimacy of the leak, some of the points it raised were pretty well thought out and make people want to delve further. Just because you can't think about anything that may even be remotely false doesn't stop other people from doing it.
    I can think of something that makes this false.

IT COMES OUT OF 4CHAN. This is like a fan expansion idea without any of the effort put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    People are paying way too much attention to this thing.
    Yeah we should be complaining about random stuff instead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No high elves, i'd rarther play a wretched.
    I remind you that the wretched is just another step in the degeneration in which the blood elves have fallen, ie a blood elf is closer to be a wretched than a High Elf.

High Elf > Blood Elf > Wretched
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-08-26 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I remind you that the wretched is just another step in the degeneration in which the blood elves have fallen, ie a blood elf is closer to be a wretched that a High Elf.

High Elf > Blood Elf > Wretched
    Which is fine and all
    but since we are speaking purely of aesthetic options for players to customize their characters; i think the blood elf customization options should allow for all three physical appearance options High Elf+Blood Elf+Wretched.

And if you want to play Alliance side High Elfs as customizable option, well they could be added to Night Elves (called Highborne) or to Humans (called Kirin Tor/High Elves), I have seen arguments for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Which is fine and all
    but since we are speaking purely of aesthetic options for players to customize their characters; i think the blood elf customization options should allow for all three physical appearance options High Elf+Blood Elf+Wretched.

And if you want to play Alliance side High Elfs as customizable option, well they could be added to Night Elves (called Highborne) or to Humans (called Kirin Tor/High Elves), I have seen arguments for both.
    Yes, you're right, that would be definitely faster solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do sub races have different sub racials? that would be cool.
    Hi

Not sure how they could add High Elf to Bllod Elf tbh. If anything they should be a sub race selection for humans since Stormwind now has the largest concentration of high elves in game, or at least lore wise. But yeah, I would love sub races as I've been asking for that for years now.
    Last edited by luccadeo; 2013-08-26 at 04:35 PM.