Is assassination pulling ahead of Sub on PTR in terms of pvp?

I enjoy both specs on my alts rogue, people with ptr experience what are your thoughts on the specs for pvp?

People have been playing Mut over Subt for PvP a lot lately. The only time Subt was considered way better this xpac was while CnD worked during SD. I haven't PvPed on the PTR much, but you can play any spec for PvP. They're all equally mediocre.

If they haven't fixed the Ticking Ebon Detonator (agi de-stacking trinket) + on-use agi pvp trinket + T16 4pc + KSp combo one shotting people, Combat will probably be the most popular.

Sub is still "burstier" and has more control, however since evis now crits for about 90k in 522 gear on leather with people having 500k hp I'd say its burst won't mean much.

The only thing sub has going for it is that it can keep recup up the easiest for 20% healing glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    If they haven't fixed the Ticking Ebon Detonator (agi de-stacking trinket) + on-use agi pvp trinket + T16 4pc + KSp combo one shotting people, Combat will probably be the most popular.
    Pve set bonuses were disabled in rated pvp.

Assassination
    Assassin's Resolve While wielding daggers, your maximum Energy is increased by 20 and your damage is increased by 30% to 25%. Requires Daggers. Rogue - Assassination Spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinShake View Post
    Assassination
    Assassin's Resolve While wielding daggers, your maximum Energy is increased by 20 and your damage is increased by 30% to 25%. Requires Daggers. Rogue - Assassination Spec.
    Dispatch dmg is still there, though.

I really hope sublety will be better next patch IMO. Heck, even combat would be fine for me. Assassination just feels so clunky if you ask me.

Sub is basically dead. Assassination has been pulling ahead of sub since the Find Weakness nerf.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Shadow Dance is a lot of control, but it seems essentially impossible to do any damage with the spec. Your opponents have to be wildly permissive to allow you to keep your shit rolling, and find weakness puts the spec over in the corner with combat as "oh, you get fucked by armor".

That being said- shadow dance IS a good move. Sub is still the best rated rogue spec, and the sangv glyph is an overdue apology that will help quite a lot.