Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17331 - Hunter buffs are here!

Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator)

• Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes 125% weapon damage plus 2,378 2,882 as Arcane damage. Requires Ranged Weapon. 30 Focus. 40 yd range.

Talents

• Lynx Rush Your pet rapidly charges from target to target, attacking 9 times over 4 sec. Each attack causes the target to bleed for [ 330 + 14.5% [ 430 + 19% of AP ] damage over 15 sec, stacking up to 9 times. The pet must be within 10 yards of the target to Lynx Rush. Hunter - LvL 75 Talent. 100 yd range. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.

Beast Mastery

• Kill Command (Beast Mastery) Give the command to kill, causing your pet to instantly inflict [ 1,215 + 140.1% [ 1,627 + 163.2% of RAP ] damage to its target and apply the Hunter's Mark effect.

Marksmanship

• Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals 400% ranged weapon damage plus 12,612 450% ranged weapon damage plus 12,339. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 50 Focus. 40 yd range. 2.5 sec cast.

Survival

• Explosive Shot You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing [ 453 + 36.3% [ 488 + 39.1% of RAP ] Fire damage initially and every second for 2 sec and applying the Hunter's Mark effect. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - Survival Spec. 25 Focus. 40 yd range. 6 sec cooldown.
    Last edited by Beoren; 2013-08-26 at 05:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We already have several post talking about buffs, no need to make new ones for each build.

Also PTR isn't even done yet so for all we know that might change yet again, hope you don't make another thread to post that aswell

EDIT: Front post is already changed so it is worded differently now.
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2013-08-26 at 06:06 PM.

Buffs are buffs but Hunters are still going to be far behind just due to class mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Buffs are buffs but Hunters are still going to be far behind just due to class mechanics.
    yea its look like a really minor buff about 2-3% buff wtf

Arcane Shot's focus cost still seems too high for its damage, the other buffs however seem "fine"

I was really upset about about having Arcane Shot cost 30 focus for very little damage. But the added 504 base damage more than makes up for it, and should solve all our scaling problems as well!

Man, there's no pleasing you Hunters=P. I'm just happy they're doing something.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

We'll take anything we can get I guess. Was hoping for a bit more but whatevs

The Kill Command buff is nice (120% RAP on live vs. 163% now)

Lynx Rush is still too weak. It's barely more damage than a single kill command...for a 1.5 min cooldown? Isn't Murder of Crows 20% AP damage per hit, and there's 30 hits... so Lynx Rush still does like 1/3 the damage of AMOC, for just a slightly shorter cooldown.

Though it did get a 30% buff while AMOC got a 40% buff, so I guess that is their way of giving it an equal "readiness compensation" that AMOC got.
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-08-26 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    The Kill Command buff is nice (120% RAP on live vs. 163% now)

Lynx Rush is still too weak. It's barely more damage than a single kill command...for a 1.5 min cooldown? Isn't Murder of Crows 20% AP damage per hit, and there's 30 hits... so Lynx Rush still does like 1/3 the damage of AMOC, for just a slightly shorter cooldown.
    And no focus cost. Theres a reason Kill Shot usually takes the highest priority even if it does not actually do the most damage <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    And no focus cost. Theres a reason Kill Shot usually takes the highest priority even if it does not actually do the most damage <.<
    Yeah I know, it just seems like too small a buff to make it a good option in the tier. Perhaps if it did that damage instantly it would have burst utility. The 2 extra arcane shots you can do with it compared to blowing 60 on AMOC is decent...but does any of this make it a better option than BS?
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-08-26 at 07:36 PM.

I was happy to come to MMO today and see hunter buff on the front page.

So I'm too lazy to do the math but does that Arcane shot buff make up for the 50% increase of focus?

Am I the only one who doesn't fully understand the buff to Arcane Shot?

Is it simply a static damage increase to it's base damage?

Deleted

Please don't respond to posts with a reaction image or reaction gif. This isn't intended to be an imageboard-style forum, so use your words! Thanks.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-08-27 at 03:05 AM.

Getting a 3% increase with the changes. Not bad but still not where it should be to be on par with most of the classes.

The lynx rush buff is completely irrelevant. Nowhere near enough to ever take it over BS under any circumstance. That talent needs to be rebuilt imo. I thought Blizz' philosophy with active vs. passive talents was that they wanted active talents to reward more since you need to do more, but they completely missed that whole goal with this tier of talents since the current iteration of BS came to be.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2013-08-26 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    I'm quite pleased with the buffs. Still hoping they reduce Arcane Shot to 25 focus at minimum, but hey I'll take what I can get.

Pitchforks still sharp, ONWARDS.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Getting a 3% increase with the changes. Not bad but still not where it should be to be on par with most of the classes.

People like you make me angry

3% overall is HUGE. First off..... second off....when the AP scaling is buffed.................. the dmg is exponentially increased with our agility gain. 3% could be 5% at high ass gear levels theoretically. It improves scaling. not just a stat % dmg

If 3% is huge, what would you say about the brewmaster nerfs then? 3% is not gonna suddenly make hunters attractive for top end raiding

Buffs are nice but why aimed shot again? What about chimera ?