Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im an alliance fan boy but i love Brox, so he gets my vote.

Deleted
    Brox, 'cause he's a freaking Saurfang!

Aegwynn, could imagine putting up with the same woman for thousands of years?

But yeah, Sargeras would've likely have been annoyed more by Broxigar, he stood alone and prevent his army from entering the portal and furthermore went on to actually physically hit Sargeras wheras Aegwynn was tricked by Sargeras into killing him.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-08-26 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the whole broxigar thing wasn't cannon?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I thought the whole broxigar thing wasn't cannon?
    The rpg books are not canon. The novels on the other hand are, which means Broxigar is a cannon character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The rpg books are not canon. The novels on the other hand are, which means Broxigar is a cannon character.
    Got to be fucking joking... Anything that guy writes shouldn't be canon. Might as well have a 14 year old in charge of wow lore. They would write just as bad.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Got to be fucking joking... Anything that guy writes shouldn't be canon. Might as well have a 14 year old in charge of wow lore. They would write just as bad.
    At least blizz tends to reign his characters in, Golden started killing them off one after another recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Well considering Broxigar literally held Sargeras up long enough to stop him from coming through the portal and destroying Azeroth, I'd have to say Broxigar.
    Not really. Brox was flailing wildly and accidentally hit Sargeras. Sargeras took just a moment to squash Brox like a bug. It was Krasus who did the work against Sargeras by targeting the scratch with his spells using the combined power of himself, Rhonin, Ysera, and Alextrasza. And it wasn't even because it damaged Sargeras, it just momentarily distracted him from the portal.

And then it happened. Krasus sensed Sargeras's concentration weaken just for a moment. Not from pain—that would have been too much hope for—but rather, simply from startlement.
    Which was what Krasus wanted. “Now, Malfurion!”
    Clutching the Demon Soul tight, Malfurion assailed the portal.
    Krasus had gambled that the magically-wrought wound would be just sensitive enough to gain the demon lord's momentary attention if it was struck again. All their assembled might had done had been to create a slight irritation, one upon which Sargeras had instinctively focused instead of the gateway.
    The mouth of the maelstrom quivered, then lost cohesion. An explosion of energy erupted from the depths of the whirlpool.
    The portal started to collapse.
    One side after another, the fiery border surrounding it fell in upon itself. Sargeras attempted to reconstruct it, but by then, it had moved beyond even his power to do so. One precious second had stolen the demon lord's victory.

--The Sundering
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-08-26 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only did Broxigar injure Sargeras, but dying in such a glorious battle made Broxigar legendary to his people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Yeah, so? If Aegwynn only won because Sargeras willed it so, then he could've killed her and enacted the Dark Portal plan himself, or some other nefarious master plan, without having to:

1. Sacrifice his avatar (which has caused more than a little grief for him, since now he's apparently incorporeal and can't command the Legion, leaving it to Kil'Jaeden).
    2. Wait decades for Medivh to be born, grow up, master magic, and go crazy.

I mean, come on. What a dumb plan.
    hmm...use an extremely weakened version of yourself that you know won't be able to do everything you want it to in an attempt to take on a world you know it won't be able to destroy on its own...or employ patience to get all the power you think you will need for your plan HANDED to you while you also gain access to a means of pulling off the plan without anyone suspecting you until it's too late...decisions decisions. fringe benefit of actively cutting the line of progression for one of the groups most likely to oppose you by GAINING that power. further fringe benefit of attaining a disguise capable of effortlessly accessing places you need for more subtle parts of your plan. plus you have to consider for a moment, the reason he HAS that as a plan in the first place is because he knows the avatar is too weak to make a different plan viable.

meanwhile, broxigar (possibly the only character I've ever liked from knaak and he managed to screw THAT up by adding a spontaneous niece so that varok doesn't get his freaking inheritance axe) manages to solo most of a demon army then starts the chain of events that causes the portal to close pushing sargeras' plans back THOUSANDS of years that he very clearly didn't expect, in comparison to aegwynn's fully accounted for decades.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

This isn't "how did Sargeras hurt each one" because Broxigar would win since he died.

Aegwynn clearly "annoyed" Sargeras more. Why? The death of his Avatar sent him into limbo. Medivh failed and was killed, thus there was nowhere else for his spirit to go (It wanted to eventually shed Medivh and get back into his Avatar).

That's far more annoyance than being scratched. I honestly still don't know why people think Brox did so much. The scratch was possible by the Axe of Cenarius. That's the only reason it even distracted him for as short a time it did.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-08-26 at 11:37 PM.

Broxigar.

He used Rend on him, man. Sargeras ain't gonna take no bleed effects from some scummy Orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Yeah, I know. Still, that's not what's said in the Last Guardian.

I don't know which source should be the one to believe. Any official post about this ?
    Blizzards official statement some time back said that, in the event that if in game material conflicts with out of game material, that the in game material should be considered the correct information.

by that same line of thought

"At the final battle over the Well of Eternity, Brox realized that if the world and the future were to be saved, his companions needed more time. Brox leapt from the back of one of the red dragons also carrying Rhonin into the swirling portal that was opening at the bottom of the funnel. When he passed through, and arrived in the realm of the Burning Legion, he proceeded to slaughter multitudes of demons, blocking their advance towards the portal, slaying so many that he ended up standing atop a hill of their bodies — mocking more to come challenge him. It was there that he eventually attracted the attention of Sargeras, who came personally to put an end to the orc's life. However, using the magical axe crafted for him by Malfurion, Brox did the impossible, and struck a small wound in Sargeras' leg. This wound would later be the focus of Krasus and his allies' spellwork, that for a second, tore Sargeras' attention away from his struggle to keep the portal open...allowing Malfurion and Illidan to close it upon him."

This could also be considered to not have ever happened anymore, since it seems to conflict with the well of eternity instance, as from what I remember of it Krasus isn't even there and malfurion pretty much solo's the portal while illidan distracts mannoroth, who is the one holding it open, not Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That's far more annoyance than being scratched. I honestly still don't know why people think Brox did so much. The scratch was possible by the Axe of Cenarius. That's the only reason it even distracted him for as short a time it did.
    It wasn't even Brox that distracted Sargeras. It was Krasus later channeling the power of Rhonin, Ysera, Alextrasza, and himself into the scratch that distracted Sargeras from forming the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaelyn View Post
    This could also be considered to not have ever happened anymore, since it seems to conflict with the well of eternity instance, as from what I remember of it Krasus isn't even there and malfurion pretty much solo's the portal while illidan distracts mannoroth, who is the one holding it open, not Sargeras.
    There are many timelines and this one seems to be the more or less the original, since the night elves fight alone against the burning legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It wasn't even Brox that distracted Sargeras. It was Krasus channeling the power of Rhonin, Ysera, Alextrasza, and himself into the scratch that distracted Sargeras from forming the portal.
    I personally consider it more the chain of events and the "he's the guy who held the weapon" that causes the love of the character, that said up to that point he still had the entire survivor guilt and disturbingly good combat skill thing going for him....and he's the only orc knaak has ever written in a way that isn't "ME SMASH!" that I know of that he wasn't forced to.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

There are many timelines and this one seems to be the more or less the original, since the night elves fight alone against the burning legion.
    I can't believe that crappy 4.3 instance is actually canon.. so anti-climatic compared to the brox story

Quote Originally Posted by Judoka25 View Post
    I can't believe that crappy 4.3 instance is actually canon.. so anti-climatic compared to the brox story
    Well the game can hardly portray a massive battle, with thousands of participants, using a book and have people imagine it, works much better, even though it was written by knaak.

Well the game can hardly portray a massive battle, with thousands of participants, using a book and have people imagine it, works much better, even though it was written by knaak.
    I agree, but it is somewhat sad that it isn't acknowledged as true due to the game/overly complicated combat scenarios that are too much for an instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    I'd say Broxigar (as much as I hate to admit it) because possessing Aegwynn's fetus was nothing but good for Sargeras. Broxigar was a pure annoyance, no benefit there.
    Yeah because killing someone and dragging their corpse into a Watery grave isn't really as annoying as getting knicked in the leg.

Just gonna say it. The reason... that Broxigar is unheard of in Orcish History.... is...

ORCS DON'T READ!!!!!