Will there still be a loot patch?

Title says all, with release of expac info will we still get loot patch or will they just wait until ros comes out?

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC they said somewhere in a blue post that the Loot and base gameplay changes would be a free standalone patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

They have confirmed it a multiple times - loot 2.0, new paragon and eventually the future pvp system will be patches and not tied to the expansion. These are the core of the game, it would be nonsense and probably impossible to manage technically the co-existence of different paragon and loot systems.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm thinking the OP wants to know whether there will be a (promised?) revamp soon not tied to the expansion per-se, or wait until the expansion-patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    Title says all, with release of expac info will we still get loot patch or will they just wait until ros comes out?
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm thinking the OP wants to know whether there will be a (promised?) revamp soon not tied to the expansion per-se, or wait until the expansion-patch hits.
    Pre-Expansion Patch
    Blizzard have announced which features will be unlocked with the expansion and which will come as a pre-expansion patch. Here's what you'll get if you don't buy the expansion:
    Paragon 2.0
    Loot 2.0
    Loot Runs
    Nephalem Trials

Source: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1984-...e-know-so-far/

Signature Created by Jassinta

Exactly, I was under belief it was happening relatively soon. Now it sounds like it will occur right before expac to drum up interest.

Exactly, I was under belief it was happening relatively soon. Now it sounds like it will occur right before expac to drum up interest.
    There was no reason to think that it will happen soon.
    It will probably happen 2-4 weeks before the expansion.
    Which will happen probably in 8-12 month from now.

We'll get some more information from open/closed beta tests.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    There was no reason to think that it will happen soon.
    It will probably happen 2-4 weeks before the expansion.
    Which will happen probably in 8-12 month from now.

We'll get some more information from open/closed beta tests.

Really? Because before the xpac info leaked they seemed pretty adamant about doing the patch by fall.

Really? Because before the xpac info leaked they seemed pretty adamant about doing the patch by fall.
    Never heard about it. Got link?

10+ Year Old Account
    It definitely felt that way at least. After the revamp to monster density and the other things that came along with that it seemed like they were hoping for loot revamp by end of Summer i.e. Sept. Oh well not like Im playing anymore anyways.

I think it will be released at least some time before expansion, so people can actually try the new system before running the exp.

i feel like they've been promising to fix items since the game was launched, i also feel like a lot of the stuff that they have been talking about working on have conveniently become part of their plans for the expansion.

i'm also curious to see how many of their new features they will leave out of the xpac like they did with the original launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think it will be released at least some time before expansion, so people can actually try the new system before running the exp.
    Indeed.

I expect the changes to happen around 2 months before the expansion.

As the expansion will reset the end gear anyway.

That's not as bad as it looks as this gear upgrade will be after 2 years while in an mmorpg like WoW this happens every 5 months...

10+ Year Old Account
    As people have already mentioned, loot 2.0 along with some other major changes like Paragon 2.0, etc. will be available in the next major patch, which is planned to be the pre-expansion update. We'll see when the date for the patch is, but I don't think we have to wait more than a couple of months more. It's likely that we will have a date around BlizzCon, at least, so a good time to check for info then.

The 1.0.9 'Loot 2.0' itemization patch is now including paragon 2.0 and other pre-expansion changes (and may no longer be patch 1.0.9). Pre-Gamescom and the RoS reveal, the 1.0.9 patch had been confirmed to not be coming until sometime after BlizzCon, and I think the current statement is that the patch will be 'shortly before the expansion.'

I wouldn't expect a patch at all in D3 for another year, the way they've been talking about it.

They DID promise us loot reworks by Q4 this year, but they conveniently added those into the D3X sales pitch and one of the CMs said something along the lines of "no planned patches for the coming several months."

15+ Year Old Account
    Loot 2.0 AFTER Blizzcon
    RoS Expansion 2014 sometime

Expect patch Dec-Jan and expansion probably about June. My 2 cents.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    Loot 2.0 AFTER Blizzcon

Expect patch Dec-Jan and expansion probably about June. My 2 cents.
    Would be awesome - i'll have all the xmas vacations to farm like a madman XD