10+ Year Old Account

Solo queue rants

By GOD they need to fix some stuff as soon as possible:

1) AFK/Leavers. I'm not exaggerating when I say at least 50% of match outcomes are decided by AFK/Leavers, a ton of battles are 4v5 or 3v5. Zone-control gameplay means the absence of even 1 person has huge implications, the team with missing players tends to lose pretty spectacularly unless they are all decent players (or the other team is retarded).
    I heard there was some kind of Dishonorable penalty on AFK/Leavers, but I have no clue how punishing it is, it certainly doesn't seem to be discouraging them.

The upcoming Dishonorable changes are pretty damn lenient. How about a 1 hour ban from queuing if you AFK/Leave, 5 hour ban if you do it twice within 2 hours, etc?

One step further from that would be to have the system immediately fill the slot of whoever left with the next person in queue. I haven't PvP'd for very long, is there any disadvantage of doing this? Sure someone could end up joining just as the game is about to finish, but at least they would get XP/reward for it if said team was winning.
    edit: nope, the above is a bad idea

2) Skyhammer. This map was taken out of Team queue for extremely obvious reasons, but it's still around in Solo queue - why? Is this some kind of message from ANet along the lines of "lol solo queue nub, eat shit" kind of way?
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-27 at 09:08 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

First off "solo queue" isn't new at all, it's been in the game from the start.

Second, AFAIK dishonorable isn't in the game yet (not active, it's in the game-files)

One step further from that would be to have the system immediately fill the slot of whoever left with the next person in queue. I haven't PvP'd for very long, is there any disadvantage of doing this? Sure someone could end up joining just as the game is about to finish, but at least they would get XP/reward for it if said team was winning
    This is a horrible idea, what would happen is that whenever you enter a game late, you lose. Pretty frustrating for people who care about soloQ leaderboards.

All a-net's "new" maps are horrible, there's a reason why tournaments stick to foefire, forest and ascalon...

I've been saying this for months but people never believe me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo queue has always been there? Then what was all this about: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a...g-pvp-changes/

It's bullshit

You could queue solo ages ago, the only thing they did (finally) was make it so teams and solo-Q'ers don't get put in the same game.

From the site:
    Solo Arena will allow solo players to queue up to go into games against other solo players

Deleted
    Yea, the problem before was solo vs premades. ANet thought the problem would solve itself, premades would progress on top of rank fighting eachother and the soloteams would be fighting eachother at bottom. First: it never happened, could be lack of players or bad matchmaking. Second: Solo players wanted to be able to progress on their own getting their own leaderboards.

And now it's in place. I heard something would happen now to leavers, that they would get some sickness before they can queue again... is it in place? Because I found that now players are AFK-ing instead. There is no report to this, which is strange and something that definitely should be in place, also if they are going to make a LFD-tool pve-players will benefit from it as well. If they cant do it so a new player get the AFK/leavers spot they should make it like Dota 2, if a player is lost due to him AFK/Leaving, the game should be safe for rest of team to leave afterwards without it affecting rating or without giving them sickness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    If they cant do it so a new player get the AFK/leavers spot they should make it like Dota 2, if a player is lost due to him AFK/Leaving, the game should be safe for rest of team to leave afterwards without it affecting rating or without giving them sickness.
    That would result in a TON of games (40-50%) being decided the moment the first person went AFK/Left, because it would greatly increase the chances of a 2nd person leaving - with 3 people left it's a no-brainier they will never stand a chance, so those 3 will also leave and then...I guess the game will simply end there?
    EVERYONE will be pissed because they just spent 3-4 minutes waiting in queue and another 1-2 minutes for the damn round to start, only to result in nothing.

Basically a ton of games won't even start.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-27 at 09:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    That would result in a TON of games (40-50%) being decided the moment the first person went AFK/Left, because it would greatly increase the chances of a 2nd person leaving - with 3 people left it's a no-brainier they will never stand a chance, so those 3 will also leave and then...I guess the game will simply end there?
    EVERYONE will be pissed because they just spent 3-4 minutes waiting in queue and another 1-2 minutes for the damn round to start, only to result in nothing.

Basically a ton of games won't even start.
    The game is already dead the moment it's 4v5 or 3v5 as well, and I think that people who are in the team of just 3 gladly wait in queue for another game that might give them a full team. For the people in team of 5, well they get a free win. So it's a win-win situation. But then ofc I dont mind adding a pause function so team of 3 and 4 can get new members added to the team so they become full again.
    At least something need to be done.

We can also add the dota 2 feature that if you do leave a game a punishment is given so for a couple of days you are only able to queue with and against other leavers... think that's how their feature works with "low priority"