Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should Blizz release new models altogether or no?

Do you think it'd be better for Blizz to release all models at once or one at a time?

I have the impression that, if they release one at a time (or groups at a time, say, Humans and Orcs, then Taurens and Draenei), some people will cry that their race isn't as loved as X or Y race, etc.

But then again, ''people'' cry about everything these days so...

Anyway, what do you think would work for the best?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it sounds a little selfish but I'd rather see everyone get the models at the same time or none at all until they're all ready.
    Putting them out one at time feels a little less epic and a bit anti-climatic to such a long term and eagerly awaited update.
    I'm just imagining how awesome it will be to login and see my Human, Night Elf, Dwarf, Orc, Forsaken and so on all looking pretty freaking amazing together.
    Butts.

Field Marshal Rathnor The Flesher's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should've had them done, years ago, but yeah I believe it would be best if they came out all together. Besides, I don't really think they work on them one at a time, but on a couple simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathnor The Flesher View Post
    They should've had them done, years ago, but yeah I believe it would be best if they came out all together. Besides, I don't really think they work on them one at a time, but on a couple simultaneously.
    Pretty much. if they did them one at a time, the first one would look more dated than the last one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the most popular races should definitely come first. In my opinion that would be Human, Blood Elf, Night Elf, Forsaken, Draenei, and maybe Troll in the first batch. Then Gnomes, Dwarves, Orcs, and Tauren come later. Worgen and Goblins would come after that if they are getting new models as well. I would rather see them all at once, but I think that would be the smartest way to stagger them. I'm also not saying those are the most popular races, they just are in my own observations.

I think they're doing them in order of how badly they feel they need updating; we know that orcs, dwarves, and humans are at the top of the list, and blood elves and draenei are likely at the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly couldn't care, as I'm covered in armor at all times anyways.
    But for the people who are looking forward to it I'd prefer all at once so we don't have to listen to an avalanche of shit when people bitch about every.single.model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

release them when they are ready, one by one.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    while i want an updated orc for my main asap.

it would be better if they came all at once.

I'd prefer all at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh just release them as they are ready. No need for fanfare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Personally I don't care about new models ever being implemented. Gameplay > Looks

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Personally I don't care about new models ever being implemented. Gameplay > Looks
    But they are coming anyway and this is what this thread is about....

10+ Year Old Account
    Release all at once, build up the suspense!

10+ Year Old Account
    no. 10chars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    pretty much this. <3

They should release them one at a time

I WOULD say that they should do them at once, but it seems to have taken them half a year to just do the dwarf models and orc animations, so we could be in for a very long wait if we want them all at once.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Hard to say.

While having them all at once would feel a lot more epic, the models are already way overdue and I wouldn't mind seeing them released as soon as possible. So... whatever suits Blizzard best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Do you think it'd be better for Blizz to release all models at once or one at a time?

I have the impression that, if they release one at a time (or groups at a time, say, Humans and Orcs, then Taurens and Draenei), some people will cry that their race isn't as loved as X or Y race, etc.

But then again, ''people'' cry about everything these days so...

Anyway, what do you think would work for the best?
    I've witnessed people complaining about warlocks not getting a green-fire dreadsteed/felsteed when unlocking the green fire.
    That's understandable enough, I guess. It's supposed to colour all our fire green, why wouldn't the mounts be included?
    What I cannot, for the life of me, understand, is that those same people then whine endlessly that the mounts are just a simple recolouring (as per request) instead of a brand new mount (what the actual derp?)....

Point being, no matter how excellent content may be from every imaginable angle, people will still complain.

I'd like to see new models. Adding one at a time over a longer period of time wouldn't bother me. Adding all in one go might be too big a change and/or too heavy a patch.

One by one when they are done. I'm sick of waiting, and this might actually keep people busy with the new models. It's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Pretty much. if they did them one at a time, the first one would look more dated than the last one.

Eh.. others will always be more dated because they're working at one race after another. Whether you release one at a time or all at once doesn't change that the first one is a bit more outdated than the last one.

All at once. It'll be more climactic, there will be less drama, and you won't have the TF2 class update problem where everyone's playing the one new thing all at once.