Deleted

A thought I always had about the game from start to now

I wonder if Blizzard have actually recorded everything we have all ever done on the realms we play on? As there are millions of logs, it's quite possible that they have the data that could reconstruct the events that have taken place on your realm until this very point. Does that sound far fetched? Would you be interested in being able to stream videos of you in 2004 or 2009 or whatever? I know that sounds strange to some, but I was wondering if the tech would be there and also if the desire to see if would be there. Personally I would love to see my first few weeks in the game as I played a druid and didn't know I had heal spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt it. With the game peaking around 12m players, the sheer volume of logs would be NSA worthy. I would like to be a fly on the wall to see my old Vanilla warrior running around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a colossal waste of space if they do

Logs don't take exact positioning into account. Thus no - it won't be possible to reconstruct.

That would be pretty embarrassing for me as a player and for them as a company. Bad news all around.