Poll: Would you like to see Blizzard introduce the Dance Studio?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Dance Studio.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Dance Studio.

Surely, we all remember back when Wrath of the Lich king was revealed, (as far back as 5 years ago!, scary!), They announced a feature called "Dance Studio" where you could customise your character to have (Assumed) other races dances and create your own (again, assumed). What happened to this feature. (Now, don't get me wrong. I'd much rather Blizzard worked on the more important features such as class balancement, new end game content, all the fine jazz.)

Has there been any official update on this? or are we to assume it's never happening, or rather, they're going to wait until they've updated the vanilla models before releasing it?

Thread theme song...

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it's not happening.

just the other day ghostcrawler said its shelved not cancelled.

which basically means dont expect it anytime soon but its not something completely forgotten
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure its not happening, but there is other things the devo team needs/should focus on doing before digging deep into the work of the dance studio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is one of the many comming SOON things that Blizzard have promised, but is most likely that with the new models will come new dances

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    Pretty sure its not happening, but there is other things the devo team needs/should focus on doing before digging deep into the work of the dance studio.

But I want to see a Tauren do the Troll dance!

I can't remember the last time I've used /dance. So as you might be able to guess, I couldn't possibly care any less about Dance Studio. I understand some people really enjoy dancing on mailboxes, but it just doesn't seem like investing dev time into a feature like that would be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we'll ever see a dance studio. It would be fun, but I'd rather they worked on other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally find the idea of Dance Studio quite silly and that will only help to spend a couple of minutes in that and never use it again

15+ Year Old Account
    i think they'll bring that with the new models. IF the new models will also use new animations (new bones) which means they get new dances, which opens a window of opportunity for blizzard to introduce this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    i think they'll bring that with the new models. IF the new models will also use new animations (new bones) which means they get new dances, which opens a window of opportunity for blizzard to introduce this feature.
    This no need for it till new models are put in with new animations, after that who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd first like to know what Dance Studio was going to be, then I can decide whether I'd like to see it implemented or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I'd first like to know what Dance Studio was going to be, then I can decide whether I'd like to see it implemented or not.
    basically it was going to be a feature where you could use other races dances or customise your own dance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it would happen, maybe it just got way too complicated to create... (Or someone who had the idea left and they couldn't use it anymore for some reason? Who knows.) Although it would be amazing if they had it in the works again to later secretly add all of a sudden... would be worth it just to hear how many suddenly wet themselves over it.

I don't understand how the "omg, Blizzard lies!, no dance studio" QQ that keeps being brought up. It seems about as fun to play with as the barber shop.

Who the hell cares about the dance studio? Kids?

Path of the Titans was also in the the first Cataclysm reveal, and was later cancelled, yet we hear very little QQ about this, when this was 1000 times more interesting than barbershop 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just the other day ghostcrawler said its shelved not cancelled.

which basically means dont expect it anytime soon but its not something completely forgotten
    Basically this. It's shelved, but not cancelled. There are just too many other things the team can work on that are a higher priority than the dance studio. When you consider all things the dance studio will have such a small impact on anything to do with gameplay. Think about it, how often do you /dance on any toon? While it's a decent feature, the amount of time they need to put into it isn't worth slacking in other areas. For instance the people working on the dance studio would be the same ones working on the models since their functionality would be the same. So it's like do you want models over dance? Plus I'm sure it'd be easier once they get the new models rigged and such so they can handle the animations of all the races as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really seemed like a unsurmountable idea with how models used to work (and not really something necessary) but if they are developing the new models in a way that skeletons are more compatible/animations are easier to translate, it could be all part of a bigger plan.

They *had* to do it with the monk animations, and I don't think it was easy, so I think they are trying to get new models out to make such processes easier.

out of everything people could want, it's the freakin dance studio?

Who cares about the dance studio, it's a stupid idea anyway.
    Signature in progress...

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to record my own dance via Kinect.