Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No Procs on Siege Weapons Confirmed

I was surprised that GC actually replied to me on twitter just now so I thought I'd update you guys on why their aren't any cool procs on siege weapons in 5.4.

@Ghostcrawler We wanted the heirlooms to be very competitive, which would be tough if there were procs competing with them.
    @Ghostcrawler Procs are cool. We will do them again. The SoO trinkets are pretty cool in the meantime.

I prefer the BoAs. So I ain't even mad. And I completely agree that proc weapons would have invalidated the BoA weapons.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    heirlooms ? huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by opath View Post
    heirlooms ? huh ?
    Garrosh drops (as individual LFR style loot) Heirloom weapons that can be used in the next expansions leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are these Heirloom weapons good enough to be equipped by max level players? I haven't seen them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Are these Heirloom weapons good enough to be equipped by max level players? I haven't seen them yet.
    i believe they are BiS, each weapon also comes with 2 red sockets, the heroic versions are item level 574, and normal 561?.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2013-08-27 at 01:59 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Garrosh drops (as individual LFR style loot) Heirloom weapons that can be used in the next expansions leveling.
    right, cheers for the heads up

they are higher ilvl than the other weapons that drop, and their current lvl range is from 90-100

They will be BiS for everyone and BiS while leveling in the next expansion too.

The heirloom weapons are, I believe, 2 ilvls higher than the other weapons in Siege. They will probably be more people's BiS weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Cant say for everyone. It isnt for boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    The heirloom weapons are, I believe, 2 ilvls higher than the other weapons in Siege. They will probably be more people's BiS weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Cant say for everyone. It isnt for boomkin.

As far as I know you can't upgrade the BoA garrosh weapons so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Sweet, I think it's a fair trade off then. That's pretty exciting news.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    As far as I know you can't upgrade the BoA garrosh weapons so
    Correct. They will, in fact, probably not be BiS unless they happen to be tagged for Upgrades once the patch goes live. They currently are not tagged.

Aw man. The final tier weapon procs were always (or usualy, anyway) really fun.

I still remember my blood DK running around with the sword (whatever it was called) from Deathwing. The procrate on that thing was all kinds of out of wack for blood DKs; it was able to proc multiple times per blood boil per target hit, as a result of the pestilence spam and such. End result was often 4-6 tentacles per trash pack, or in group PvP. It would sometimes make up the majority of my damage, not to mention the snare it spammed on everyone! It was fucking hilarious.

Pretty lame we won't be seeing the same again. The trinket procs this tier all also seem very lame compared to the weapons of past.

Also doesn't look like they'll be BiS for anyone as of right now, which would make GCs whole argument invalid from the start.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

15+ Year Old Account
    Has GC replied on why they scale up to level 100?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I personally hated my Paladin being followed around by spontaneously spawning hentai tentacles during 4.3. I'm not anti-proc weapon per se, but I'm against annoying visual effects that aren't optional.

No weapon procs? So boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I personally hated my Paladin being followed around by spontaneously spawning hentai tentacles during 4.3. I'm not anti-proc weapon per se, but I'm against annoying visual effects that aren't optional.
    You mean like every other proc in the game, including all trinkets?
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    "We wanted the heirlooms to be very competitive, which would be tough if there were procs competing with them."

Hellscream's War Staff

Hellscream's Warmace

Except for specs we boned over with worthless stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    You mean like every other proc in the game, including all trinkets?
    Well, there's no accounting for taste, but not all of them are annoying. I am much more agreeable to, Darkmist Vortex from TOES and it's lightning field than I am Spark of Zandalar that turns you into a troll that can't mount without cancelling the proc. A cooler troll model than actual trolls, perhaps, but still a pain. As for weapon procs, the Thunderfury proc is just fantastic visually. Hentai tentacles, not so much.