1. #1
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shanghai China
    Posts
    23

    Some thought why wow is losing subscriber

    I started play wow since 2007 at Darkspear EU and came back to China from 2009, just right after 3.1 released. So I have witnessed the whole TBC to recent, from EU to China. So, the following are what I am thinking and the reason that I thought why people is leaving wow.

    1, The Class balance. Here I'm talking about nerfing classes. The "Class Balance" Blizzard have talked a lot but do they really think the "BALANCE POINT" really exist? I think most people do not think that way. Then why chasing that thing so focus if it is not even exist? For me in personal I don't think all class should be balance so much. There are 11 classes and 34 specs but there is only 1 class/spec will be on top. People will not all go and play the top class and left the other class behind unless the rest class are pure incompatible. If all class felt strong then people might just choose what class they want to play, not to pick up the one who will be bought to raid or the one that get less chance to get nerfed in the future.

    2, Nerfs. We all knew that blizzard loves to nerf class and people have nothing to do with it but leave. Especially the nerf that caused because of PVP. PVE have a much player base than PVP but PVE player have been keep paying for one thing that they dont really care. I knew PVPer may not happy to see what I said but I'm telling the truth. There were some unique class ability was really nice but they are all gone and soon will be gone. For instance, Shadow form use to be the most powerful talent which gives you off/def increase. Now the damage decrease will be nerfed on 5.4 and the heal amount is getting nerfed before 5.4 if I remembered right. Why doing this? Because shadow priest is too powerful in arena. What about the shadow priest never go to arena like myself? I knew for some abilities that deal less damage on players, then why not make all spells you are going to nerf because of arena balance in that way? For spells get nerfed because of a boss fight, here is my word: Buff the boss then!

    3, Dailies. I knew that at the end of cata there are some player complain that they have nothing to do when they log on, so they made tons of dailies to do at the beginning of the mist. I think there is a mistake. People don't want to logon and nothing to do and they don't like to get forced to do things. Beginning of mist is to force people to do things. People have to do dailies for the rep to buy items. I do agree that people should do some work for the reward but not at 11:30 pm after raid then spent another hour and half for dailies to help progressing. Imagine that you have been worked from 9-5 and after you get home and set everything up then logon until 11:00 pm the raid disband, and then you have to spend another hour and half for rep grinding. It is way too much to do so for me I chose to afk until 4 weeks ago my mate asked me to come back to play a bit just to see what 5.4 is. It is not feeling good if you are forced to do things.

    4, DK. At beginning of Wotlk that Death Knight is a hero class but now we don't really see how does it look like a heroic class. For Blood, it is ok for tanking but with the worst mobility compared to another 4 tank class. For Frost, dual-wield is dead and the mastery is scaling so bad and we don't see that blizzard will change it at all. 2-handed frost is still at a pointless position to play. And for unholy, it doesn't feel that you are playing a melee class at all. The top damage spell are disease. and when you wave your weapon you just feel that you are hitting in air for nothing. Then back to the beginning, WHAT MAKES DK A HERO CLASS?




    P.S Maybe some one could move this to US or EU official forum as well, please? I cancelled my subscription since 2009 so I cannot post anything there.

    Another P.S I am still playing but not on EU/US realm. My realm is called Dark Iron in China. So I DO know what is going on recently I do know they just buffed DK couple of days ago.
    Last edited by chris885; 2013-08-27 at 02:16 AM.

  2. #2
    Field Marshal Abda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by chris885 View Post
    P.S Maybe some one could move this to US or EU official forum as well, please? I cancelled my subscription since 2009 so I cannot post anything there.
    Another one of those... If you dont play why do you care?

  3. #3
    >Hasn't played in 4 years
    >Expert on current game mechanics

  4. #4
    The Patient NecroGangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    My bedroom
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by chris885 View Post
    P.S Maybe some one could move this to US or EU official forum as well, please? I cancelled my subscription since 2009 so I cannot post anything there.
    So by saying that you're admiting that you're only saying things you read on the internet and you have not experience that yourself? You should not use someone else's opinions and say that it is what you think when you don't even know for yourself what is going on.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Amerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    811
    According to Blizz DKs starting at 55 made it a hero class? I dont know for sure though, but I think.

    &
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    This thread could not be more wrong.

  6. #6
    This thread could not be more wrong.

  7. #7
    Pit Lord Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    >Hasn't played in 4 years
    >Expert on current game mechanics
    ^

    Also regarding Hero classes.
    Hero classes don't start at level1.
    Oh hey, DK's start at 55 don't they? So they must be a hero class right? Yes.
    That's why they are a hero class, not because they are stronger than anything else.

    You are obviously so in touch with the game even though you haven't played in 4 years. Which begs the question, why are you even here?
    4 years and you still haven't got away from it?
    Nerfs and Balances are needed. They don't do it just because they can. Honestly.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  8. #8
    Dreadlord AbsolutVodka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    801
    There is so much wrong with this thread, soooo much wrong... If you haven't played for a couple months, fine, but 4 YEARS?! That's 2 expansions brah, better recognize!

  9. #9
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shanghai China
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Abda View Post
    Another one of those... If you dont play why do you care?
    I'm still playing but not on EU because of the lag and time difference.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    There is so much wrong with this thread, soooo much wrong... If you haven't played for a couple months, fine, but 4 YEARS?! That's 2 expansions brah, better recognize!
    Bro I'm not that stupid to post a thread for a game I have not played for 4 years. I think I didn't say it clearly. I'm still playing but not on EU

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    3,343
    You could be right. Your guesses are as good as anyone else.

  11. #11
    Fluffy Kitten Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,541
    The reason DKs were designated a hero class is because:
    -They began at a higher level than the other classes
    -Lore painted them as fallen heroes of the Alliance and Horde raised into the Scourge's elite units
    -Their starting questline releases them into the wide world ready for Outland with blue gear on-par with other classes' tier 2 epics, only better-itemized (you can easily make some of the DK blues last you until Nagrand before mobs start becoming difficult for the average player)
    -Their lore was heavily tied into the expansion's storyline
    -Free First Aid and mount training, and a free, class-unique ground mount. Also, a buyable class-unique flying mount.

    Monks were initially going to a hero class like Death Knights, but this was changed early in development because the Wandering Isle's storyline fit monks so well.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  12. #12
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shanghai China
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    ^

    Also regarding Hero classes.
    Hero classes don't start at level1.
    Oh hey, DK's start at 55 don't they? So they must be a hero class right? Yes.
    That's why they are a hero class, not because they are stronger than anything else.

    You are obviously so in touch with the game even though you haven't played in 4 years. Which begs the question, why are you even here?
    4 years and you still haven't got away from it?
    Nerfs and Balances are needed. They don't do it just because they can. Honestly.
    I think it is just the different way we define "Hero Class" here. I got your point and I agree with you. For me I never think that way at all. I'm always thinking that "Hero class" is supposed to be uber. Remember when DK first released how powerful it was? All spec could tank with both 2 handed weapon or DW. Now it is stepping down from the top. Maybe DK is still good on PVP but i'm not a PVP fan

  13. #13
    Fluffy Kitten Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,541
    Quote Originally Posted by chris885 View Post
    I think it is just the different way we define "Hero Class" here. I got your point and I agree with you. For me I never think that way at all. I'm always thinking that "Hero class" is supposed to be uber. Remember when DK first released how powerful it was? All spec could tank with both 2 handed weapon or DW. Now it is stepping down from the top. Maybe DK is still good on PVP but i'm not a PVP fan
    Even on the DK preview page, Blizz was open that DKs were never meant to be intentionally overpowered. Most of their OP nature came from Blizz having trouble settling them into their niche, and early on, they even intentionally went out of their way to break 0/32/39 Frost/Unholy, a dual-wield tank spec that was trivializing Naxx25 through access to extremely powerful mid-tier talents that, post-breaking, were migrated to the bottom of their respective trees.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  14. #14
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34,004
    I'm going to close this.

    We get a lot of "I think I know what is wrong with WoW" (presuming something is wrong) and so you can easily find an open thread to post in, but if you stopped playing four years ago creating a thread like this isn't going to be remotely productive. That's all people are going to focus on and without any current experience in the game there isn't anywhere for you to take the thread.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •